Douglas Costa

Yannik

In every clip you've posted Costa does exactly what Acer's describing. Versus:

The question was how that is not dribbling.
Of course he does that, that's his style of dribbling. But you put is as there is only one sort of style that is allowed.

Jair Ventura

The question was how that is not dribbling.
Of course he does that, that's his style of dribbling. But you put is as there is only one sort of style that is allowed.

I could be mistaken but Acer never said Costa couldn't or wasn't dribbling, but that his style of dribbling is a function of his athleticism. And then a few of you reacted as if what he said was crazy.

Last edited:

Yannik

I could be mistaken but Acer never said Costa couldn't or wasn't dribbling, but that his style of dribbling is a function of his athleticism.

He seperated "dribbler" from "runner", even stripped Costa of his technical skillset saying that Bale is a better technician and also said that Costa doesnt have the control over the ball in the actions he does.
Saying that Costa is greatly benefitting from agility and pace in his actions was fairly the only thing that he got right, but that was hardly anything new to anyone.
He later proceeded to extend this into pretty ridiculous further assumptions, the other half of his comments got deleted.

Jair Ventura

He seperated "dribbler" from "runner"

He was only trying to describe Costa's style.

even stripped Costa of his technical skillset saying that Bale is a better technician and also said that Costa doesnt have the control over the ball in the actions he does.

He's wrong about Bale, but that's another conversation. But no, Costa doesn't have control over the ball when he pushes it.

Saying that Costa is greatly benefitting from agility and pace in his actions was fairly the only thing that was somewhat understandable. He proceeds to extend this then into pretty ridiculous further assumptions, the other half of his comments got deleted.

Eh, I disagreed with some of his opinions but I understood what he was arguing. His comments hardly warranted the reactions they received.

Acer

Bale for me technically is better than Costa.
Better in short and long passing, better crosser, better shot, better FK taker and also in terms of the first touch and close control i don't see Costa better.

Costa has just more acceleration and agility beacuse he is short and Bale is tall.

Acer

Of course Bale is a better player, but not because he is a better dribbler than Costa.

is not a better dribbler, but technically is better than Costa. I don't think even that Costa can be defined as a dribble. Sure sometimes he can beat the first man with some feint, but most of the time he just pushes the ball and run.
[youtube]3nv1Yn37YWk[/youtube]
2:39
however i have seen bale do similar things more times than Costa.

serghei

Of course what Costa does can be defined as dribbling. That's the whole point actually, you just set up your own definition on what a dribbling is and isn't (for you), limitations that have little to do with reality. Pushing the ball and beating your man with this tactic is not only a valid dribbling, but one of the best and most realiable weapons a dribbler can have, because speed, quick reflexes, power and athleticism are qualities that stay for you for a long time.

And Costa's flair is also there to be seen. Has that bit of joga-bonito in him. In that way, he's superior to Bale, who's dribbling looks more mechanical to me. I much expect Costa to pull a trick out of his hat, than Bale. Although Bale is one of the players with the best technique of hitting the ball right where he wants. Some of his headers and shots are almost perfect.

Last edited:

Yannik

[youtube]3nv1Yn37YWk[/youtube]
2:39

I'm not seeing anything in this video that Costa can't do. He didnt perform any outrageous skills in the video and there also isnt an extreme amount of technical stuff in there, just the casual technical stuff like an outside-boot pass, a backheel pass and a backheel first touch. Everyone does that at times. The dribbble at 2:39 is also one that Costa pulls of pretty much every game (and it also looks better) Costa is a lot more skillful than that. You could also check footage from him playing at Gremio, there's a lot of stuff that I have never seen from Bale.

Last edited:

Acer

I'm not seeing anything in this video that Costa can't do. He didnt perform any outrageous skills in the video and there also isnt an extreme amount of technical stuff in there, just the casual technical stuff like an outside-boot pass, a backheel pass and a backheel first touch. Everyone does that at times. The dribbble at 2:39 is also one that Costa pulls of pretty much every game (and it also looks better) Costa is a lot more skillful than that. You could also check footage from him playing at Gremio, there's a lot of stuff that I have never seen from Bale.

i can said the same for that video, i don't see any great dribbling. I repeat Costa must of the time pushes the ball and runs, and is not a dribbling..

Acer

Of course what Costa does can be defined as dribbling. That's the whole point actually, you just set up your own definition on what a dribbling is and isn't (for you), limitations that have little to do with reality. Pushing the ball and beating your man with this tactic is not only a valid dribbling, but one of the best and most realiable weapons a dribbler can have, because speed, quick reflexes, power and athleticism are qualities that stay for you for a long time.

And Costa's flair is also there to be seen. Has that bit of joga-bonito in him. In that way, he's superior to Bale, who's dribbling looks more mechanical to me. I much expect Costa to pull a trick out of his hat, than Bale. Although Bale is one of the players with the best technique of hitting the ball right where he wants. Some of his headers and shots are almost perfect.

but is not a dribbling, as this is not dribbling(and Costa does this most of the time) what he does costa is a not a dribbling [youtube]yWVrolNQ4RU[/youtube].

dribbling means to beat the player with the ball under control
one of the best and most realiable weapons? It depends against who and at a certain age most of the players lose that. En example is Lavezzi, but again the close control of Lavezzi was better.

Yannik

i can said the same for that video, i don't see any great dribbling. I repeat Costa must of the time pushes the ball and runs, and is not a dribbling..

How is 0:19 or 1:00 for example just "pushing the ball"? I deliver you a video full of flicflacs, scoopturns, stepover-bodyfeints, fakeshots, drags, flicks and shit and you're just to stubborn to admit that they are actually there.
I should have stopped replying much earlier, but I jsut can't cope with the stupidity here. Douglas Costa is practically shitting all over your head with his skills, and you just blatantly deny that it smells.

Acer

[youtube]5Np14_hm_WQ[/youtube]

Carvajal had him in his back pocket so much so that he had to change band and go in the right against Arbeloa which can be considered an ex football player, so at the end the trick pushes the ball and runs don't work against all. and he has not yet met him :
serge-aurier-fortalece-al-campen_76050.jpg

I want to see Costa to push the ball and run against him :rambo:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans