Eden Hazard

L

linetty

First months into the season Chelsea was so powerful and now the team 'is still being built'. :lol:

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
His ideal team wouldn't be fucking up this much. We can improve in several areas, 2015 has made this obvious. Admittedly I thought this season would be the one when our team would be the one we really wanted, or very close to it, but sadly not. We need a bigger squad too.

serghei

Exactly. Hazard is one of several players who would thrive in the link-up play ethic of Barcelona but are on teams where the structure or players don't fit that style of play. One major reason Iniesta looks poor this year, with only Busi and Alba on the same wavelength/level. Neymar, Mathieu, and Rakitic (and Mascherano playing as DM) are a big step down. Suarez, also; great with assists, but fairly sloppy touch in tight areas.

We are totally more rigid now than in the past, that is not even debatable IMO. Iniesta's game and the way he's been instructed to play in his own limited space, shows that very well. But I do think the change was well needed. It is better to accept that what we had during Pep's years was a once in a lifetime generation of players. You can't lose a prime Xavi, a Puyol, a prime Dani Alves, a prime Villa, Abidal and others, and still expect to play a certain style to perfection. In a way, the players create the style. We are a team that wants to emulate a certain way of playing, but, at the same time, won't tolerate failure. I do think the fans want more to see a triumphant Barca, rather than a team that plays a special type of football, but loses with it. If we want to be successful, a part of what made us so special (that part which has deteriorated with time) needs to go, for the moment at least. That will make some people happy, especially the ones who are more pragmatic, and some people sad, especially the more romantic ones. I do think, however, that attractive football can and will exist outside of Pep's philosophy. We should take comfort in the thought that Barcelona can't play ugly football. Just different football.

red dragon2

If Hazard could improve his finishing he would be perfect for us on the LW, as he can be the provider and the finisher, but right now, Neymar is well suited to our game.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
His ideal team wouldn't be fucking up this much. We can improve in several areas, 2015 has made this obvious. Admittedly I thought this season would be the one when our team would be the one we really wanted, or very close to it, but sadly not. We need a bigger squad too.

Maybe a manager that tries to control a game, pressure the opponent and in general plays positive football could have beaten a team that was down to 10 men needing to score in order to advance.
Mourinho fucked it up in the CL, not his players.

Morten

Since he's been Chelsea's best player, so in the last 12 months or so. He's a big game player, with stellar performances against United, Liverpool, Arsenal and City in the league this season. This guy is special, better than James certainly, and maybe even Neymar.

Maybe i will be proven wrong, Neymar is still young, but his decision making and reading of the game seems quite subar. He needs to learn when to do what. This is less of an issue for Brazil however, his stats in Barca so far are quite good, as are the stats for Brazil, but i cant help but feel he is almost a different player for nt.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Maybe a manager that tries to control a game, pressure the opponent and in general plays positive football could have beaten a team that was down to 10 men needing to score in order to advance.
Mourinho fucked it up in the CL, not his players.
Oh yeah I don't blame it all on the players, but there are improvements to be made, it's pretty clear. Mou is at fault for this and that, but some players can't keep consistency, one day they are MoM next day they are worst in the team despite consistently playing a role they should be suited for.

Yannik

Hazard decides games on regular basis? Since when?

Hazard is an ideal player to complement an already good playing team and improve it massively, but he has never been the type of guy, who usually carries it, when shit is going on.
But Ronaldo does that. His team can play shit, but he somehow gets a goal and that can often be a match decider. But still in 50% f the games where his team is bad, he's also just completely invisible.

Hazard is an ideal player to complement an already good playing team and improve it massively, but he has never been the type of guy, who usually carries it, when shit is going on.
But Ronaldo does that. His team can play shit, but he somehow gets a goal and that can often be a match decider. But still in 50% f the games where his team is bad, he's also just completely invisible.

Hugely disagree. He carried a seriously average Chelsea side to 1st last season until they eventually collapsed after his injury against (PSG I think). They lost to Sunderland at home without him which eventually cost them the title.

It's been the same story this season. Since the turn of the year their entire teams form has dropped apart from him yet he's still consistently great & the only reason they're still first.

I don't even think his goal record is that bad. 16 for the season with 9 games left is a great record for a midfielder considering he hasn't scored more than 1 goal in a game this season (according to Whoscored) & plays under a cautious, reactive manager.

He's the sort of player who's overall game transcends statistics which football fans are increasingly obsessed with. A more prolific version of Zidane/Iniesta.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I've said that too, I brought up the Iniesta comparison. It's more than about statistics, but a lot of people are drawn to them.

Home of Barca Fans