Eden Hazard

EdmondDantes

As Bertus mentioned in the other thread, he could not get past Marquinhos tonight, who owned him all game. Still arguably Chelsea's most involved player when he ventured to other more vacant areas of the pitch as PSG had 10 men. He's great at penalties though.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I don't know, that's what I've said about him, he needs to take more risks. That's the biggest problem he has IMO, Ronaldo and Messi take more risks and are rewarded, do that little bit extra and it can get you far, but he's always more willing to lay it off. Even Mourinho says he wants him to try score something like Ronaldo and Messi but he just doesn't shoot enough or take the risks to do it. Some games he shoots a lot and is unlucky, other games he will barely shoot.

Mitchell1978

I don't know, that's what I've said about him, he needs to take more risks. That's the biggest problem he has IMO, Ronaldo and Messi take more risks and are rewarded, do that little bit extra and it can get you far, but he's always more willing to lay it off. Even Mourinho says he wants him to try score something like Ronaldo and Messi but he just doesn't shoot enough or take the risks to do it. Some games he shoots a lot and is unlucky, other games he will barely shoot.

He needs to be more direct, it will also help if he moved to a club thats more attacking minded. Hazard probably has more talent but i prefer De Bruyne because he's more direct and his return as far as goals + assists is concerned is better imo.

xavisionary

Watching MoTD right now and why doesn't he shoot more? Screamer.

ICJk4HW.gif

iWSMgm5xWyO7o.gif

Agreed, his technique is amazing.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Pretty sure this past weekend's, as well as the first goal in the xavisionary's post are both with his weaker foot. :D

Better angle of his goal against United:

serghei

Even Mourinho says he wants him to try score something like Ronaldo and Messi but he just doesn't shoot enough or take the risks to do it. Some games he shoots a lot and is unlucky, other games he will barely shoot.

He is much more like a midfielder than a striker. Ronaldo and Messi are strikers and have developed their sense of goals for almost a decade. Hazard is not quite similar to them. He is a better dribbler than Ronaldo, in fact, he's up there with Messi, Neymar and Robben at that. He is much more similar stylewise with Mata than with Messi / Ronaldo (obviously, he's better than Mata).

Last edited:

StarLord

Maybe he is not that good at shooting.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
He's better than his goal record suggests, though. It's like serghei says, he's more of a creator type, he doesn't play in a way where he gets himself into go shooting positions that often, so we really don't fully know how good he is at shooting, but tbh I think he should try to shoot more. I don't think he'd ever hit levels of averaging a goal a game, but I think hitting 25 a season(across all competitions) is very doable. He takes our penalties, but his record over the last 2 seasons are 17 in 49 and currently on 16 in 43 this season. It's not too shabby but he could do better, averaging a goal every 2 games would be pretty decent and he's not too far off it.

Home of Barca Fans