Edinson Cavani

Bertus

To be totally honest I'm not expecting Cavani at all, he's just a preference, imagining him playing here makes me salivate. I feel we'd have walked the title this season if we had somebody of his calibre, hopefully we have a consistent scorer next season. It all comes down to him, though, if he wants to leave the club may want to let him leave as they have the kind of money to buy a replacement(well IF they sold Cavani, his transfer cash could buy them any striker), though strikers of his overall quality are exceedingly rare. Anyway he seems pretty satisfied with the club and their goals as well as how everything is going, and talk of him being discontent with not being able to play centrally due to Ibra being picked there instead are likely to be bs, he doesn't seem unhappy to me.

If he wants to leave, there's no way Nasser will not try to keep him, and there's no way he will sell him without making profit. Nasser has no reason to be kind to other competitors in CL.

It's not because PSG is full of cash that they will give players away.

I never understand how people could believe that because PSG is rich, then they will not see any problem to sell players without making profit, especially in the case of Ibra, Cavani or TS type of players.

If he leaves next summer, it will be for a way higher price than what PSG paid for.

You forgot another Rumor from Lequipe: "MU and Chelsea want to sign a pre-contract with PSG to make sure to not have to pay a higher price this summer since Cavani will probably gain value after the WC".

Please, please tell me that you at least understand how it sounds completely retarded?

Listening to them, PSG will sign a pre-contract to avoid MU or Chelsea to pay more this summer. but WHY? WHY PSG would do something like that?

It's not a question about if Cavani is happy or not at PSG. It's about being realistic about what would be a transfer.

If PSG sells him this summer, it would be after the WC, without pre-contract and for a way higher price than they paid for. And some people (especially some MU fans on their forum that actually believe Cavani worths less now because he plays at PSG, and because PSG will just give him away and shut up) have some difficulties to understand that.

Last edited:

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I never heard of that rumour from Lequipe actually, that really is silly. If a paper wants to release rumours at least make them believable lol.

Theconomist

Absolutely agree Bertus, Nasser is one hell of a negotiator, when the Al Thanis want something they get it, when they don't want to give up something they don't.
For someone who follows them I can tell you that they are some of the toughest negotiators around, anyone that knows a bit about QIA can tell you about how tough they were in the Xstrata/Glencore deal. Sure Hamad bin Jassem(ex-prime minister) isn't around anymore but PSG is Sheikh Thamim (the emir and owner of PSG)'s crown jewel, he would rather let a player rot for the duration of the contract than sell him for cheap.

Bertus

Absolutely agree Bertus, Nasser is one hell of a negotiator, when the Al Thanis want something they get it, when they don't want to give up something they don't.
For someone who follows them I can tell you that they are some of the toughest negotiators around, anyone that knows a bit about QIA can tell you about how tough they were in the Xstrata/Glencore deal. Sure Hamad bin Jassem(ex-prime minister) isn't around anymore but PSG is Sheikh Thamim (the emir and owner of PSG)'s crown jewel, he would rather let a player rot for the duration of the contract than sell him for cheap.

It really feels like a TS case all over again with journalists and medias that throw "confirmed" retarded rumors all around.

Two more today :

- A journalist for El Pais in Uruguay says that Cavani will sign at chelsea before the world cup for 60m euros, so, as said ealier, they would avoid to pay more after the WC.

- Alvaro Levrero, journalist in London says the same thing.

So, it's like PSG has no say in it. "Cavani supposedly chose, Chelsea wants, PSG can suck it", and even more retarded, PSG is ok to sell him for less than what they paid.

Some journalists in France couldn't stop laughing because it's so retarded and insulting towards PSG that It's hilarious how people like them can get headlines.

Some medias based in spain and london really seem to think PSG people are complete retards.

Last edited:
Cavani hinted that a major factor for his move was a 4 4 2 formation with Ibra and himself as strikers... That has not been the case at all and Cavani confirmed that's a problem for him. He may be sold this summer. Perhaps a swap with RVP?

Anyway, I didn't rate him much before he signed at PSG but Edinson has proved me wrong, if we could sell one of Alexis or Pedro (or rather Tello ofc) to get Cavani to play on the wing (tireless workrate, excellent finishing) and sometimes as the 9 Martino supposedly wants, that'd be great

But I think that given the fact most big clubs would be interested, Cavani would choose a guaranteed striker position should he leave PSG

jklz

Spoke to L'Equipe and definitely doesn't sound to happy about his current position at the club.

'We'll see at the end of the season, let's finish this first. I'm in Paris, but there definitely are things we should talk about with the club. There are things that have to go differently. Chelsea was interested before, but PSG showed that they really wanted to have me for their project. If you see how much money they paid for me, you can understand how badly they wanted to have me. I don't know if my agent/brother has spoken with people from Manchester United or Chelsea. If something needs to happen, it's my brother that organizes that."

For me, he is pretty much the ideal striker for Barcelona. Works hard, capable of moving out to the wing from the striker position like he did at Napoli, tall and an incredible eye for goal. Would work perfectly together. Can't imagine PSG letting him go for less than what they paid for him though (65m euros).

raskolnikov

Spoke to L'Equipe and definitely doesn't sound to happy about his current position at the club.

'We'll see at the end of the season, let's finish this first. I'm in Paris, but there definitely are things we should talk about with the club. There are things that have to go differently. Chelsea was interested before, but PSG showed that they really wanted to have me for their project. If you see how much money they paid for me, you can understand how badly they wanted to have me. I don't know if my agent/brother has spoken with people from Manchester United or Chelsea. If something needs to happen, it's my brother that organizes that."

For me, he is pretty much the ideal striker for Barcelona. Works hard, capable of moving out to the wing from the striker position like he did at Napoli, tall and an incredible eye for goal. Would work perfectly together. Can't imagine PSG letting him go for less than what they paid for him though (65m euros).
So he would play second fiddle to Messi, never going to happen.
It will be Chelsea if he leaves, its the one position they really need to improve and Cavani is one of the worlds best strikers.
Would also be perfect for Arsenal but since Chelsea will most likely be in it makes it to difficult for them.

hulinat

ffs. Why would Barcelona sign Cavani? If he played as a right winger his size wouldn't really mean anything as he would never be in the box and Messi doesn't wanna play as a winger full time. Cavani would flop at Barcelona just like Ibra.

L

linetty

Messi wouldn't play as a winger but as a CAM behind the striker. He said himself he likes to have someone upfront to play with

jklz

ffs. Why would Barcelona sign Cavani? If he played as a right winger his size wouldn't really mean anything as he would never be in the box and Messi doesn't wanna play as a winger full time. Cavani would flop at Barcelona just like Ibra.

This is very simplistic. You're making it sound like 'Cavani on the right wing with Messi in False 9' or 'Messi on the right wing with Cavani as a striker' are the only possibilities of them playing together.
Have you seen Cavani at Napoli?
Then you also have the possibility of playing Messi behind Cavani, like how Messi played behind Villa against AC Milan. You had Pedro on the left side to provide width, while Alves did the same from the right. Villa would create space for Messi, distracting the centre backs, and get in goalscoring positions. With Cavani this would add another dimension due to his aerial abilities. Crossing would actually be another weapon in our arsenal.

Look at Messi with Argentina and how well he performs there under Sabella. He plays with Agüero and Higuain, who definitely are not wingers.

And Ibra didn't 'flop' because of his skillset, he 'flopped' because he clashed personalities with Pep.

And no, I don't see it happening; I just think he would be the perfect striker if we were looking into getting one.

Home of Barca Fans