Edinson Cavani

H

Haruko The Goon

LOL 40m you dreamer.

You think he'll cost more? I don't. He's obviously not happy there. Ibra aint moving position to accommodate him. So either he shut his mouth and continues, or he moves.

Trickykid

Piss off Haruko. We are after a no.9 according to Lucho, so Cavani would be just perfect. Cavani+Dede+Inigo Martinez=the treble for Barca.

I don't think I've ever seen this Dede some of you guys are raving about, but Inigo Martinez? Pfft, he'd not even be an upgrade over Bartra.

L

Learo

I don't think I've ever seen this Dede some of you guys are raving about, but Inigo Martinez? Pfft, he'd not even be an upgrade over Bartra.

Bartra is class. I dont think Inigo is much better than Bartra either, but thats not negative. We need real competition at the back, where no player is guaranteed a starting spot. I hate to see two complacent CBs next season with Pique and some "big expensive new signing who has to play regardless of performance". Inigo-Bartra-Dede and Pique give us the necessary steel, and competition necessary. Add in Cavani and Ter Stegen and we are going to sweep everything in our way.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
You think he'll cost more? I don't. He's obviously not happy there. Ibra aint moving position to accommodate him. So either he shut his mouth and continues, or he moves.
With PSG having issues with FFP they'll want to recoup as much as they can.I doubt he'll go for 40m. Unless they genuinely don't give a shit.

H

Haruko The Goon

How many teams would be fighting for his signature?

Real - Falcao/Benzema/Ronaldo
Bayern - Lewan/Mandz
Arsenal -
Chelsea - Costa/Lukaku
Barca -
United - Van/Roo
City - Aguero/Dzeko/Negredo
Juventus - Tevez

I'd say it's literally us and Barca would want a new striker this summer. That's only 2 sides fighting for his signature if he does want to move. The price won't be pushed up too much. Will either us or you guys bid over £40m? I know we won't.

L

Learo

I'd say we will bid between 60-70m for him. Thats fairly cheap, considering Chygrynskiy and Zlatan cost us 100m.

H

Haruko The Goon

True.
€40m D.Luiz
€50m Cavani
€11 Ter Stegen

Plus replacements for Mascherano/Song/Pinto/D.Alves if they leave? That's a hell of a lot of money going out of the club.
Plus you've got the stadium redevelopment your planning.

Not sure if you'll spend that much, but if you can afford it then go for it. It'll be worth it.

L

Learo

True.
€40m D.Luiz
€50m Cavani
€11 Ter Stegen

Plus replacements for Mascherano/Song/Pinto/D.Alves if they leave? That's a hell of a lot of money going out of the club.
Plus you've got the stadium redevelopment your planning.

Not sure if you'll spend that much, but if you can afford it then go for it. It'll be worth it.

I think we'll do something like this, it is quite typical Barca transfer summer:

Cavani - 65m euros
Ter Stegen 11m euros
Mertesacker 30m euros (in the tradition of Hleb, Song, Henry, Cesc and countless others)
Dede 13m euros (hopefully)

Out:
Valdes - Free
D.Alves 5m euros
Mascherano 8m euros
Song 8m euros
Tello Free
Dos Santos Free
Bojan Free
Afellay Free
Cuenca Free

H

Haruko The Goon

:lol: Mertesacker.
He signed a new long term deal 60 days ago. Forget about Mert lol

L

Learo

:lol: Mertesacker.
He signed a new long term deal 60 days ago. Forget about Mert lol

30m euros should do it. We are looking for a "profile", and whenever these pop up, we become obsessed. Think Chygrynskiy for 25m euros in 2009. Hleb cost us 15m and played about 10 games before being off-loaded on a free transfer. 30m for Mertesacker is cheap in comparison.

H

Haruko The Goon

Nothings going to do it.
We don't NEED money like we needed it in previous years. He's absolutely vital to the team. We could have shipped Koscielny to Bayern for £25m last summer but said no. Fast forward another 12 months and we've struck a new Emirates naming rights deal+Puma kit deal. even less chance.

Home of Barca Fans