Edinson Cavani

Bertus

According to L'Equipe:

- Simeone is close to renew with ATM.
- He has one demand tho: to hire Cavani (his plan is to sell Mandzu and recruit cavani).
- According to their own source, He already discussed it with Cavani on the phone. The parisian player is very interested.
- If Cavani leaves, he will be very expensive according to the french paper.
- The reasons are: 1/ Nasser doesn't want to sell (but all his board does + ibra hating Cavani), 2/ many, many clubs according to L'Equipe want him, especially from the EPL, and PSG is well aware that the EPL clubs have plenty of money, so the price will be raised. It won't be cheap.
- For the record, PSG paid 64M euros to recruit cavani, and doesn't plan to lose money on him.

Richard.H

Cavani is absolute crap. One of the most overrated footballers of our time. I can't believe Simeone would be interested in him.

BenRobbins

I don't think anybody from england will spend £46 Million on him (Even despite how desperate United are), let alone Atletico.

It would be nice to see him there however it would pretty much use up all there budget.

Irish_Cules

Cavani is absolute crap. One of the most overrated footballers of our time. I can't believe Simeone would be interested in him.

He can bang in the goals when he's on form. And he's the perfect Simeone striker really in terms of his style and workrate. You could see Simeone getting the very best out of him.

Bertus

The reason is cavani's workrate.

Sure he's crap at finishing since he arrived at PSG, but his workrate is still overwhelming on the pitch.

Think about it, it would fit what Simeone expects from a player completely.

Bertus

I don't think anybody from england will spend £46 Million on him (Even despite how desperate United are), let alone Atletico.

It would be nice to see him there however it would pretty much use up all there budget.

L'Equipe source gives details on what ATM plans are:

- They will have more money because Wang Jianlin
- They plan to sell players: mandzu (they say EPL clubs are very interested), Turan, and maybe Koke are all on the market.

JamDav1982

Cavani would be brilliant for Atletico, his confidence seems to flow when he is the main man at a club full of frenzied/passionate fans like Atletico or Naopli.

He would be a real icon there.

JamDav1982

Could def see Simeone rebuilding Atletico next season.

As good as Turan is, if they are going to sell him this summer is the time. He barely seem to be able to play 90mins these days.

Also read that Simeone doesnt like Mandzukics attitude and he plays too much for himself and gives off negative energy at times.

Think could see a much different Atletico next year.

Bertus

As good as Turan is, if they are going to sell him this summer is the time. He barely seem to be able to play 90mins these days.

Also read that Simeone doesnt like Mandzukics attitude and he plays too much for himself and gives off negative energy at times.

Think could see a much different Atletico next year.

Also, there's a lack of renowned strikers.

People only see cavani 2013/2014, but you can't reduce Cavani to just that.

Contrary to BenRobbins, I can totally see EPL clubs paying at least as much as PSG paid.

Now you wonder why - as a PSG fan - I don't care. That's because I think Cavani will never fit in paris because he's not the main man, and Ibra will not leave this summer. It's hopeless. He can't do anything right under Zlatan's shadow.

JamDav1982

If there's a slight chance Koke is on the market, we should be all over him.

If Simeone wants to rebuild Atletico it wont be Koke they are looking to get rid of.

It will be players like Mandzukic, Turan, Tiago, Miranda, Alderweild etc

zanela

You think he lacks the physical conditioning to last the 90, or is it down to the manager?

Home of Barca Fans