Edinson Cavani

JamDav1982

You think he lacks the physical conditioning to last the 90, is that down to the manager?

No idea but Simeone never seems to keep him on for 90 mins.

I could be speaking shit as not even checked stats on that, but thats what it seems like!

EdmondDantes

He's a great player but has had to sacrifice himself playing out wide, to his and PSG's detriment. Playing as a number nine, he is a beast.

Bertus

He's a great player but has had to sacrifice himself playing out wide, to his and PSG's detriment. Playing as a number nine, he is a beast.

very bad excuses.

This season he played 9 more than out wide. Because Zlatan was injured a lot.

He still did average.

What Cavani needs are other things. He needs to be the main man, and he needs passion burning fans in a loud passionate stadium.

PSG has a great FULL stadium but average fans. Most parisians attending games are the "silent" "well mannered" kind of fans.

The reason is because of the Leproux plan: because of some incidents, QSI banned all the groups of passionate fans to attend the stadium.

before people complain, the incidents involved attempts to kill people using, axes, knifes, and guns around the stadium between groups of supporters. People died. After that, it was bound to end like that.

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

I mean, he has 19 goals on the season. As compared to his peers:

Madzukic: 20

Benzema: 19

Costa: 17

Bale: 16

Lewandowski: 15

Suarez: 14

He's alright. I agree he needs to be better but I don't understand all the negativity surrounding his season.

I mean, he has 19 goals on the season. As compared to his peers:

Madzukic: 20

Benzema: 19

Costa: 17

Bale: 16

Lewandowski: 15

Suarez: 14

He's alright. I agree he needs to be better but I don't understand all the negativity surrounding his season.

Super Mario :worthy:

Remember people saying Bayern "ripped off" Atletico with that transfer before this season? :lol:

People really want to believe that Atletico will swap Mandzu for Cavani? :lol:

And if they sell Koke to fund Cavani's transfer, who will create chances for Cavani? :lol:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
L'Equipe source gives details on what ATM plans are:

- They will have more money because Wang Jianlin
- They plan to sell players: mandzu (they say EPL clubs are very interested), Turan, and maybe Koke are all on the market.

If they plan on selling Koke to get Cavani :shakeshead:

Bertus

Cavani got interview by Radio 890 (uruguay). They talked about his time in Napoli, and his transfer to PSG.

Nothing much interesting that we don't know. He just confirmed he kind of hates napoli's president, Aurelio De Laurentiis. He also shared that maybe one day he'll come back to Napoli.

"I hate the things that were said when I left Napoli. It was political. I think I didn't deserve that. I scored 104 goals with Napoli, that's fine. Who knows... If I have the opportunity to come back, I'll do my best, as always. But it's out of the question that it can happen under the current president of Napoli. All that remains hypothetical."

From all I gathered about him, he really liked to play for Napoli. He thought he did well, and that he could deserve to be able to play elsewhere. He's really hurt that Napoli fans and board said a lot of bad things about him.

I think he's very sincere. Last year when PSG played against Napoli in a friendly, he brought friends and his kids with him. He was broken in half when all he got was lots of insults from the fans in the stadium.

On one hand, let this be a lesson for everyone not to spend their prime years in Ligue 1.

On the other hand, feel bad for him as a player of his caliber should be in an Arsenal/Dortmund level type of club, if not the Big 4.

Andrew M

On one hand, let this be a lesson for everyone not to spend their prime years in Ligue 1.

On the other hand, feel bad for him as a player of his caliber should be in an Arsenal/Dortmund level type of club, if not the Big 4.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

EdmondDantes

I have a feeling he will tank Chelsea at the Bridge. He played very well in the first leg, one of his best games for PSG to date but he did miss 2 easy chances and he'll want to make amends. With Pastore back in form I think PSG will bring it.

Andrew M

I have a feeling he will tank Chelsea at the Bridge. He played very well in the first leg, one of his best games for PSG to date but he did miss 2 easy chances and he'll want to make amends. With Pastore back in form I think PSG will bring it.

Highly unlikely. PSG are bottlers. Chelsea will win easily.

Jair Ventura

Eh, Paris has more upside than Arsenal or Dortmund, and Ligue 1 is only getting better. Anyhow, I think he'll have a big day at the Bridge.

Home of Barca Fans