El Clasico 10/11: FC Barcelona - Real Madrid 5-0 Manita!

Beast

The Observer
They're welcome to - he was under-par last season though, no two ways about it. I know he's an icon to Barcelona fans, so you'll rarely ever hear them say a bad word about him, much like the Real fans with Raul, but for large parts of last season, he wasn't even close to playing as well as he did in 2008/09 - the rest of the team maintained their high standards though.

Raul was under heavy criticism from me personally and other members and fans for the last 5 years..we are not that blind..
He is a legend in our history but he belonged on the bench for much of the last 5 years and didn't earn a start

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
They're welcome to - he was under-par last season though, no two ways about it. I know he's an icon to Barcelona fans, so you'll rarely ever hear them say a bad word about him, much like the Real fans with Raul, but for large parts of last season, he wasn't even close to playing as well as he did in 2008/09 - the rest of the team maintained their high standards though.

third_party_facepalm.jpg

Chainsaw

Killahead

If Xavi play poor I admit it honestly. Why should it be the other way around? But from what I remember last year Barca was on fire in La Liga and reached CL semi-final. And when Xavi was the heart of that team and you claim him being under-par I just can't understand your point of view. It has nothing to do with a Barca fan being biased toward him. It's about you lowering him down for I dunno what.

C

Carefree

He forgot Merda is the collection of the most arrogant people in the business: Mourinho, Ronaldo, Ramos, Benzema, Marcelo...
And above 'em all...Perez!

Their fans aren't quite as bad as the Barcelona ones though. Catalonians are pretty much the Liverpool of Spain, trying to disassociate themselves from the rest of the country.

J

Jordzibob

:lol: No, its just.....hilarious! I dont know if he's trolling or not, or actually serious. You really cant think that about Xavi. You just cant, :lol:

"All of the rest of the team maintained their high standards"

Xavi was clearly one of our worst performers last year, letting the team down time and time again, we should of benched him.

Beast

The Observer
Beast:

I hope you are well aware of Catalonia being the richest province in Spain and Catalans being half French right?

Duc..
for every Monte Carlo and Cannes there is Marseille ;) .
Being good in the business or rich doesn't add class with it ;) u know that

C

Carefree

If Xavi play poor I admit it honestly. Why should it be the other way around? But from what I remember last year Barca was on fire in La Liga and reached CL semi-final. And when Xavi was the heart of that team and you claim him being under-par I just can't understand your point of view. It has nothing to do with a Barca fan being biased toward him. It's about you lowering him down for I dunno what.

No one said he was poor - but he simply wasn't playing to his true form. I'd say it's a bit like Cristiano Ronaldo in his final year at Man Utd. He had injuries, didn't look like the Ronaldo of 2007/08, but in the second half of the season helped fire the Mancs to another CL Final, scoring 20+ goals along the way.

The Barcelona fans can be in denial all they like, Xavi wasn't as good as some would have you believe though, and that's why Messi stood out even further from the rest than he did in his previous season. As I said before, the World Cup has largely papered over it, and everyones forgotten.

Home of Barca Fans