El Clasico 10/11: FC Barcelona - Real Madrid 5-0 Manita!

Trequartista

The good
Game will be won and lost from the wings..

Marcelo vs Messi supported by Xabi or Caravalho (more logical choice ) while Khedira slot in to cover
Ramos vs Pedro or Iniesta .

We will try to pressure from the front to stop the flow.. Alves will stay @ the back this time he is playing a different Cristiano with more offensive power around him .
Ozil will have a quiet game me thinks unless Mascherano starts as he had him in his pocket few month ago .. it's down to Di Maria exploiting the left side of Barca.
Pepe has handled Villa well before i hope he do the same .

anyhow it's just a game, a much anticipated game that holds lots of promise .. i hope for a draw 2-2

Messi doesnt even play on the right to face Marcelo,Gio,It will be Pedro or Iniesta vs Marcelo,Villa or Pedro or Iniesta vs Ramos

J

Jordzibob

It suprises me that Marcelo is still in the Madrid team. I expected Mourinho to kick him out. I havent watched full 90 minutes of Madrid consistantly this season because I've got a 1gb limit at Uni, and Madrid and Barca have been playing frequently on the same day for most of this season so far, but has he improved defensively? I know he's good going forward, but he's a crap defender........normally Madrid's weak link if your gonna look to expose them.

C

Carefree

Messi works the entire front line, finds himself out wide at times then plays clever one-two's working his way into the middle to get on his left foot.

Marcelo looks much improved this season, but he won't be in the game much IMO. Barcelona have the lion share of posession against every team they play against, and Marcelo can't bomb forwards with Messi and Alves working that flank all game.

I'm intrigued by Ozil's role though, this is the perfect occassion to confirm his status as a superstar, against the maestro himself Xavi.

Trequartista

The good
It suprises me that Marcelo is still in the Madrid team. I expected Mourinho to kick him out. I havent watched full 90 minutes of Madrid consistantly this season because I've got a 1gb limit at Uni, and Madrid and Barca have been playing frequently on the same day for most of this season so far, but has he improved defensively? I know he's good going forward, but he's a crap defender........normally Madrid's weak link if your gonna look to expose them.

Marcelo has to be one of the biggest improvements ever,,he has been always superb going forward but Mourinho converted him into a far better and more reliable player defensively,currently one of the best 5 leftbacks in world,maybe 3,some Mourinho stuff has done him wonders,never expected such an improvement from him to be honest

J

Jordzibob

:lol: Just like he did in the WC Semi Final, great showing from him there.

Marcelo has to be one of the biggest improvements ever,,he has been always superb going forward but Mourinho converted him into a far better and more reliable player defensively,currently one of the best 5 leftbacks in world,maybe 3,some Mourinho stuff has done him wonders,never expected such an improvement from him to be honest

Damn, thats a shame. :lol: Neither did I, he's always been a terrible defender, fair play Jose. No pointless sticking of strikers out on the wing either this time..........

Tomchin

From what I read on other forums, Marcelo has improved immensely under Mou, and has been one of RMs best performers this season. So I certainly wouldn't underestimate him. When Alves bombs forward too often, Marcelo surely will exploit that.

J

Jordzibob

I think Iniesta will play a more important role, which is part of the reason I think we would of beaten Inter (even more so than we did without being screwed) last year, if he was fit. Mourinho will have Alonso and Khedira hounding Xavi the whole match, also having to deal with Messi, gives Iniesta space. Unless Mourinho chooses to take it as a cup tie, and goes ultra defensive, takes out Ozil and puts in one of the Diarras.

Tomchin

I think Iniesta will play a more important role, which is part of the reason I think we would of beaten Inter (even more so than we did without being screwed) last year, if he was fit. Mourinho will have Alonso and Khedira hounding Xavi the whole match, also having to deal with Messi, gives Iniesta space. Unless Mourinho chooses to take it as a cup tie, and goes ultra defensive, takes out Ozil and puts in one of the Diarras.
Can't see that happen tbh. He's playing the exact same formation now for 12 games in a row or so, so it wouldn't make sense to suddenly mix things up...

J

Jordzibob

Yeh neither can I, I'm just saying its a possibility if he decides he wants a 0-0 draw or something, taking it as a cup tie

K

kevin8833

---------------Valdez---------------
A-----Pique-----Puyol-----Abidal----
L-------------Busquets-------------
V---------Xavi----------------------
E-------------------Iniesta---------
S--------------Messi---------------
Pedro--------------------------Villa

We are at home and as good as Madrid are we have to believe we are the better team especially at the the Camp Nou. We need to put out our best possible team in our best possible formation and take the game to Madrid. Keeping the ball and pressing high will nullify their attack, with Busquets dropping in as a temporary 3rd CB defensively along with Abidal pinching inside, we will be more secure on the counter, where I feel the only real threat is. Messi dropping in as a free role false 9 will leave the Madrids CB's clueless not sure who and where to pick up players, Villa and Pedro can stretch the field with their pace and desire to get forward and pin back Marcelo and Ramos to not allow them to get forward as much. In my opinion it is very dangerous to play this game defensive because Madrid has the quality and explosiveness to break us down, we need to boss this game, attack Madrid, not let them out of their half and not allow them to even see the ball. We are going to win this game playing the way we know best in my opinion, Madrid may have players close to the quality of Barcelona but they don't have the team identity and chemistry, and sticking with what we know is the best way to take advantage of that.

Last edited:

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
madrid will park the bus, absolutely no doubt about that so we may be in for a frustrating night, lets hope we get a piece of magic from 1 of our players to break the bus for the win

M

Messi_q8

I prefer starting this game with attacking plan because Madrid's players will loose their energy to stop us.

Home of Barca Fans