El Clasico 10/11: FC Barcelona - Real Madrid 5-0 Manita!

adil_909

what will occur on monday:

16lkxe1.jpg

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I did not mean to forget Alves, I knew something was not right :D

I am with Beast, I always had a suspicious feeling about Ozil. I hope he proves me wrong and puts on a great performance but such a delicate player has yet to learn how to get stuck in the same way Silva and Iniesta have learned, the hard way. Busquets will just have a good at his legs and Ozil doesn't deal with that properly. But if given the chance, he will rape the defense for sure but Puyol for all his might has a tendency to stick in a wrong foot or commit too early.

My main right here is Di Maria, because we seriously lack someone as good on the ball as he is. He can hold it properly and deliver accurate crosses. In all of our losses against Barcelona, it was us who failed to convert plenty of chances that could have changes matches, from Drenthe to Ronaldo to Higuain. All missed great chances to put the team ahead of Barcelona.

It is Messi's accurate shots that I fear the most, Casillas does not deal with long shots very well.

J

Jordzibob

I'd be suspicious of Ozil aswell, I can see a WWE like scenario where he's about to put the ball in the back of the net, but just turns around, sneers and punts it straight at Ronaldo's head, before taking off his Madrid shirt to reveal a Barca one underneath, and holding up the 5 year Barca contract he secretly signed. Rob Palmer on Skysports, "OH MY GOD, WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!".

But no seriously, I'd be more worried if I was a Madrid fan about the players mentality, they look great and they have Mourinho as motivator, but they looked damn motivated going into the second clash especially last year and look what happened there. Casillas is probably your most reliable player, Ronaldo has that habit of going missing against Barca, Ozil coudlnt get the ball last time he was up against Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets (with Alonso in there aswell) and Di Maria hasnt played a game anywhere near this magnitude. Likewise Higgy tends to go missing in these fixtures.

X.A.U

The Special One
I think Iniesta will play a more important role, which is part of the reason I think we would of beaten Inter (even more so than we did without being screwed) last year, if he was fit. Mourinho will have Alonso and Khedira hounding Xavi the whole match, also having to deal with Messi, gives Iniesta space. Unless Mourinho chooses to take it as a cup tie, and goes ultra defensive, takes out Ozil and puts in one of the Diarras.

we need someone to protect Xavi

J

Jordzibob

Mourinho isnt gonna let Xavi play like he normally does, he's not stupid. Take Xavi out the game and your losing a big link to Messi aswell, which is why Xavi will be given naaaaastay treatment by Madrid. Might just have to let them focus on Xavi and use him as a decoy because like it or lump it Mourinho is gonna set out to stop him. But like I said, gives Don Andres space. Iniesta didnt play in CM at the Bernebau match last year, did he? He was injured if I remember. Could make a huge difference.

Richard.H

This really sucks. I can't watch the full game. I can only be at home for the second half... and that is if I choose to not go to my History lecture!

J

Jordzibob

Off topic. I'm a first year, but for me, Lectures are utterly and totally pointless. I'm an active learner, not a passive one, so I cant sit there for an hour with someone talking to me like that and just take it in. It just doesnt do a thing for me. But yeh, miss your damn lecture! Any half is better than no half at all, this is probably the biggest club game there has ever been, when you consider the amount of talent on (and off) the pitch. Stakes maybe not as high (CL final) but still............

Richard.H

Off topic. I'm a first year, but for me, Lectures are utterly and totally pointless. I'm an active learner, not a passive one, so I cant sit there for an hour with someone talking to me like that and just take it in. It just doesnt do a thing for me. But yeh, miss your damn lecture! Any half is better than no half at all, this is probably the biggest club game there has ever been, when you consider the amount of talent on (and off) the pitch. Stakes maybe not as high (CL final) but still............

Oh yeah they are quite boring but the thing is I actually am enjoying the topic we are on right now (Iran Revolution). Although there's not a single doubt in my mind of what I want more, and that's the game!. I just wish I was home for the first half also because to me that's when Barca perform all their magic. However, my math class might give a pop quiz and if I don't attend it's a 0 on a potential pop quiz.

X.A.U

The Special One

depends which school you go to, we used to come out of a class room clapping for our professors.

Richard.H

Back on topic: If my memory is correct, it has always been in Camp Nou where we have struggled against RM during Pep's reign. Last year, we barely squeezed by 1-0 with several missed chances from RM. Year before that (the 6 trophy season), Drenthe and someone else from RM at that time had clear 1 on 1 opportunities against VV and failed to convert. My point: If they actually scored on those chances, who'd know what our seasons would turn out like? I think if RM gets those chances this time, they'll surely convert.

I think this Barca team is better than the 09-10 one and could even be comparable to the 08-09 team. RM, imo, have a better squad than last year but I just don't see the team chemistry being as strong as the one with Sneijder and Robben (08-09). Mourinho is a huge improvement, however, and he will surely have some tricks up his sleeve. One player I'm most worried about is Di Maria, not Oezil, as Di Maria has a lot of pace and can surely catch our FB's off guard. Busquets can control Oezil, so I wouldn't be TOO worried about him.

Home of Barca Fans