Eric Abidal

E

Esteve

The hate for Abidal is rather extreme. He may not be the best LB going, but ffs, he's not THAT bad :icon_neutral:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
he has been relatively good so far this season though. i'd say better than our other option maxwell. remember jordzi a player is only as good as his last game in terms of winning games and trophies for the team.

J

Jordzibob

he has been relatively good so far this season though. i'd say better than our other option maxwell. remember jordzi a player is only as good as his last game in terms of winning games and trophies for the team.

Not really, they could have one good game but be shit for every other game they play before and after..........

I dont hate Abidal as a person, he seems alright, I just think he's the worst footballer I've ever seen. However I do apologise if that has drawn an angry reaction from people which apparently it has, no longer shall I express my views on him, at least not in this thread

J

Jordzibob

Lol I am actually serious, I really do think he's that bad....but I'm not allowed to say that anymore, so *zips mouth up*.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I am not an Abidal fan by any means, but after seeing the club try and play with two wingbacks and after years of seeing Oleguer on the right (Abidal isn't skilled at all but after Oleguer, how could you possibly call Abidal the worst player you have seen!), I can't say his presence harms us. I liked and trusted Gio and Sylvinho more, but Abidal at his best is a better defender.

E

Esteve

Like, he's better than anyone in League One so he can't be the worst you've ever seen! :D

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
man abidal is ok for what we need but we need him to be a lock on his wing and make sure that nobody gets behind him, we dont need him to attack as we play with 3 CB with alves pushing up the pitch and yaya right in front of the CB. abidal just does not have to make the first move in defending like he did in el clasico last year to sergio ramos. his job should is simple and soo far this season he has done it better than maxwell. lets hope he continues to improve

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
I remember him playing a pretty good last season until his injury. Very consistent, good positioning and generally few flaws in his defensive works. And while hes not the agile/dribbling type of Full Back, his style is actually right for the duties he has on the left flank, where he can go offensive with his good speed (as there is usually more space on the left, esp. after a long ball from the other flank) and he is very adapt to the passing and buildup play.

He just started to become a bit error-prone after he got back from his injury and maybe also losing some confidence after his back-to-back sent offs in the CL and La Liga. He is still not in last years shape, but to call him "worst players ive ever seen" is a bit of a joke.

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
Many people underrate Abidal. He positions himself well, he's quick and he's strong in the tackle. He's not a Dani Alves kind of wingback, but he's a good defender. Alves isn't.

Home of Barca Fans