Eric Abidal

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Hope he comes back to the club for a different job after he retires from the field.
He will.

Abidal will on Thursday announce he will leave to play one or two seasons elsewhere and then return to Barcelona after retiring. [md]

MagicianMessi

Let's hope he will make the decision of leaving the club as fast as possible that will fasten up the decision to buy atleast 2 CBs by the management.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Official: Tomorrow at 1pm, Eric Abidal and Barcelona president Rosell will give a press conference

I guess this is goodbye Abi :cry:

DucdeOrléans

Yes, a press conference has been scheduled for tomorrow, so everything points to an exit. Expect to see him sign for either PSG, Monaco or Lyon. He will probably return to France or seek the last big contract somewhere in the Middle East (Qatar etc.).

At first I did not like what I saw but the best choice for him, if he still wants to play regularly, is to seek a move elsewhere. In his stage and age he can't expect to play regularly for us. The club is not a charity after all.

I think him leaving is best for him tbh. He's not gonna get a lot of playing time at Barca (considering he's old and recently recovered from cancer).

impeh

Hi, its me..
Rosell: "Abidal has been at the club for six years. He won us all over. He's part of our history and has a place in our hearts.

Rosell: "This is not a goodbye, not a see you later, this an 'until whenever you want'. The doors of the clubs are open for you, Eric."

Rosell (president): "When Eric retires, he will become the director of Barcelona's schools around the world.

Zubizarreta (sports director): "Abidal has been an example for us. We've laughed together, we've cried together."

Zubizarreta: "I remember his first goal, him lifting the CL trophy, but most of all the moment he told me at the hospital: I'll be back."

Mr Hulot

Abidal: "I wanted to continue here, but the club saw it differently and I respect that. I leave now, but I will be back."

:angry:

AvocadoCake

Did anyone else almost cry during the video of him? I've seen that diving header from the ground like 10 times but I just love it :wub:

Home of Barca Fans