Erling Haaland

Morten

If someone actually were to give him this contract, which is insane by itself, the contract renegotiations in a few years should be fun....
600k a week would not be the end of it, thats for sure.

Yannik

Seriously though, what's the market for those claims? United, Chelsea, PSG, Madrid? The only really elite club in that group is Madrid.

Real is not rich. United cant afford it either.
It's pretty much City, PSG and Chelsea with the latter being probably not up to Haalands competetive demands. So if those 2 clubs decide to leave the negotiations table at this point then either Haaland isnt going anywhere, or he will have to drop Raiola for making it too expensive.

serghei

Real is not rich. United cant afford it either.
It's pretty much City, PSG and Chelsea with the latter being probably not up to Haalands competetive demands. So if those 2 clubs decide to leave the negotiations table at this point then either Haaland isnt going anywhere, or he will have to drop Raiola for making it too expensive.

Don't think City made yet a mega-transfer. I think they are out and Pep won't pay that for a single player. So, if you count Madrid out, then all is left is PSG (replacing Mbappe who doesn't want to extend) and Chelsea.

jamrock

I don't think chelsea would spend that kinda money on him.

I honestly think we are the only club in europe stupid enough to give into his demands.

Laporta will want a statement signing.

khaled_a_d

Seriously though, what's the market for those claims? United, Chelsea, PSG, Madrid? The only really elite club in that group is Madrid.

Raiola is going to meet only 5 clubs: Barca, RM, Chelsea, City,Liverpool.
Liverpool would probably decline meeting him, they are pretty strict with their wage structure, Pep is already trying to shit on Raiola .
It will be either lowering his demans, or crawling to Manu/PSG if the player is open for them, which seems unlikely

Morten

If his father is demanding millions simply for being his father, why not go all the way, while they are at it?

They should include a fee for his mother too, its only fair.

Barcilliant

Raiola and Haalands father are just being stupid. I would give a base salary of 15 million and everything else would be incentives. 10 million to Raiola and that's it.
Is Raiola dumb enough to think clubs will pay this? Only PSG and City can pay this sort of money. I doubt Chelsea will pay and even if they do I doubt Haaland goes there.
I would rather go for Andre Silva or Lukaku.
Coutinho and Firpo plus cash for Lukaku makes sense to me.
Is

MagIX

Bayern was as close as irrelevant to us or even worse before that turn around with their coach, amazing what 6 months do.
And whenever they made a deal outside of Germany, they actually spent big.
Even in Germany, some transfers like Hummels or Neuer were big deals at the time.

They spent about 30M for Neuer (2011) and about 40M for Hummels (2016), even for that time these are not big figures. Hernandez for 80M is the highest figure ever paid by the club, and despite this they have 0 debts and they reached CL 3 finals (2 won) in the last 10 years (better then us).

But ok, this is not the point, let remove Bayern form the discussion.

We spent 420M for Cou-Demb-Grizz in the recent years (I could add other examples like Malcom for 40m..)..... and the best purchases (apart FDJ) is Pedri for 5M. And Fati.
Back to the rules.
It's not how much you spend, but how smartly you spend, that makes the difference (How much have PSG spent and what have they won ?)
Having a competent and intelligent management (that also mean having the balls to say no to everyone, even to Messi, just to give a better idea of what I mean ) with a clear football philosophy/vision/project, rely on the cantera and build a strong scouting networks all around the world is not a stupid way to follow. Also Araujo and Mingueza are good examples...
With 420M, a smart management would build from scratch a CL competitive team.

That does not mean that we do not to pay big figure anymore.
I like Haaland, imo we need more a CF like him then a player like Mbappe, but not at any price.

If he want to join us (it should be a pride for a footballer to wear our jersey and we certainly don't offer him a starvation contract) perfect, I would be very happy..... if it's just a question of who offers the most... bye bye and good luck.

Porque

If his father is demanding millions simply for being his father, why not go all the way, while they are at it?

They should include a fee for his mother too, its only fair.

Exactly, his mother is starting a MeToo as we speak.

Before the end of the window Raiola and the male Haalands will be cancelled.

BBZ8800

Guys, Haaland is asking a lot.
But when Covid ends one day, we will again earn a lot from fans and sponsors.

Our current team, even with Messi, is a team for 1/8 of a CL.
When Messi leaves, we will be even weaker.

Haaland alone is a guy who could turn this team from 1\8 of a CL into CL semis team.

Further, kids, teens, videogames, jerseys: who will be our posterboy after Ronaldinho and Messi?
Our only options are Griezmann, Dembele and Frenkie.

And outside of Barca fans, those aren't too attractive names.

On the other hand, Haaland and Mbappe are the two future Ballon D Or winners.
Millions will buy their jersey, sponsors will want to sign them, kids will want to be like them.

I might me in a minority, but I would pay even the current requirements in a heartbeat.

Transfer fees from Griezmann and Trincao were 120+30.
Griezz is earning 20-25m net, right?
Not to mention Cou and Dembele...

Home of Barca Fans