Erling Haaland

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
This.

With how he approached this TW it's Haaland or bust for Laporta next year.

If we cannot get Haaland we'll use that money elsewhere to improve the First XI and wait for another forward.

Griezmann was never the solution anyway. You cannot complain about moving on from Busquets, Pique, Alba and defend Antoine Griezmann's mediocre and inconsistent performances when he's making 30-40m per year gross.

Messi983

If we cannot get Haaland we'll use that money elsewhere to improve the First XI and wait for another forward.

Griezmann was never the solution anyway. You cannot complain about moving on from Busquets, Pique, Alba and defend Antoine Griezmann's mediocre and inconsistent performances when he's making 30-40m per year gross.

Yes, I can and I will. Even at 40m per year he was still more useful than our great captains and anyone we've brought this summer except Memphis.

Messi983

He would take a pay cut if he'd stay, I'm sure about that. Would prefer that over gifting him to title rivals.

Well, I guess AM are not our rivals really, we'll be competing with likes of Betis and Sociedad for 5th place.

JamDav1982

He would take a pay cut if he'd stay, I'm sure about that. Would prefer that over gifting him to title rivals.

Well, I guess AM are not our rivals really, we'll be competing with likes of Betis and Sociedad for 5th place.

Dont think so.

Now looking back he was clocked out of Barca before this season even started.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Doesn't matter.

He plays like a less than 10m per year player. He wouldn't take a paycut down to less than 10m. His age and salary would make him impossible to sell. Atletico made an emotional decision here as it really isn't a great deal for them.

I'll take not being able to contend for La Liga this year to have a much better chance at a proper rebuild. Next is Coutinho and getting rid of him. Then the captains one by one.

jamrock

I think we will definitely go all in for him next summer, we likey won't get him, but we will make a move.

Givenchy

No way in hell we are getting this guy, forget it. We gotta hope Ansu can stay fit and make a full recovery

Madrid will get Mbappe on a free and then you'll have PSG, City, probably Bayern and Madrid fighting for him. We have no money and honestly no sporting project to sell him

I see him at City personally

Raketa10

I sincerely hope we'll go all out for Haaland next summer. We desperately need a star in our team. Barca always had at least one star, not only because of sporting reasons but we need a player like him for commercial reasons. No one will come to the stadium to watch fucking Braithwaite or LDJ. We need to seriously reinforce our team next season and one big name is a must! At 75 mil release clause he is reachable but his salary and Raiola demands will be true obstacles.

MTL_Barca

I think Laporta will try his best to go for him, no matter what the financial situation looks like or what coach we might have.

He needs a marquee signing and Haaland is like THE guy to get. Doubt it'll work though, and even if we'd probably get totally robbed by Raiola.

fergus90

I've got no doubts he will try, history tends to repeat itself and Laporta will want a marquee signing. The problem is the amount of competition for his signature means it's quite unlikely it will materialise.

behindbrowneyes

Premier League clubs are the favourites to sign him. I'm pretty sure Haaland doesn't want Ligue 1 at this stage of his career, but PSG unquestionably will raise the money asked by Raiola in agent fees, salary etc. with their offers.

Mbappe joining Madrid might be a chance for Barca as Haaland probably sees him as direct competitor for Ballon D'Or.

Home of Barca Fans