Erling Haaland

Raketa10

Premier League clubs are the favourites to sign him. I'm pretty sure Haaland doesn't want Ligue 1 at this stage of his career, but PSG unquestionably will raise the money asked by Raiola in agent fees, salary etc. with their offers.

Mbappe joining Madrid might be a chance for Barca as Haaland probably sees him as direct competitor for Ballon D'Or.

I agree that PSG probably won't be a main competitor because of League 1 and same goes for Bayern as they won't accept his salary demands. IMHO Real is also out of the race because Mbappe probably wouldn't want to play with him. Chelsea signed Lukaku so they are also out. IMHO it will be either Barca, City, Liverpool or United.

ebc_99

I don't think Liverpool will pay what he would want, so that leaves 3, he has already turned Utd down so I don't think he is mad to play play there, plus they don't really need him, I think if City though they could get him I think they would not have tried for Kane. I think Real and Barca are his most likely destinations.

JamDav1982

I don't think Liverpool will pay what he would want, so that leaves 3, he has already turned Utd down so I don't think he is mad to play play there, plus they don't really need him, I think if City though they could get him I think they would not have tried for Kane. I think Real and Barca are his most likely destinations.

Turning down Utd in past means nothing.

They were choosing a path for him to progress and to allow maximum fees for agents/his father.

Devils

He'll come to Barca to balance out the Mbappe to Real Madrid transfer.

We'll offload Coutinho, Umtiti and Pjanic and possibly Pique and Busi as well next summer to make room for wages too.

Prodi

He won't come, this season budget will have millions in loses in the end. It was reported yesterday by Sique Rodriguez from SER.

fergus90

He might not come but I'm certain Laporta is banking on it. I think part of him not going to the nth degree to renew Messi was to be in the mix for one of the two poster boys for the next generation, which of course is billed as Haaland vs Mbappe and we know where Mbappe seems destined to go.

Laporta willing to grease Raola's palms might help too but of course, how appealing a proposition Barca will be remains to be seen. Unless this current squad improves or the youngsters develop very fast, this squad + Haaland won't be pulling up too many trees.

JamDav1982

Barca have little to no chance of Haaland.

Any hints of it is just the latest politicians bluff from Laporta.

They need to get through this season with putting club on better footing to spend next summer... or even just to sell without only being able to invest spend 25% of it.

For me it is much more likely big names leave Barca than come in with FDJ or Pedri being most likely to move on if club think can rebuild a bit through it happening.

Laplacian

Yes, we'll go from almost going bankrupt to spending 150m~ euros on a single player, plus giving him wages north of 30m euros a year after tax. We're not getting Haaland. lol

fergus90

Barca have little to no chance of Haaland.

Any hints of it is just the latest politicians bluff from Laporta.

They need to get through this season with putting club on better footing to spend next summer... or even just to sell without only being able to invest spend 25% of it.

For me it is much more likely big names leave Barca than come in with FDJ or Pedri being most likely to move on if club think can rebuild a bit through it happening.

I don't think Barca would get a fee big enough to sell Pedri for rebuild money right now, his reputation has obviously transcended but for a club to splash ridiculous money I'm not sure.

De Jong of course would be the player that gets sold for rebuild money as City/United would spend big on him. If Barca keeps sliding it won't be long until he wants that either.

fergus90

Even if we could afford him, the problem just repeats itself where we spend too much on one player and leave other areas neglected.

Devils

Who's going to be our marquee signing then?

Barcelona always signs or has a generational attacking player in the team. IT'S THE CLUBS IDENTITY.

-Even aside from Ronaldo, United have Sancho, Rashford and Greenwood
-City will get Kane next year on a free
-Chelsea has Lukaku
-Real Madrid will get Mbappe who will be the main guy there and Haaland wont go there as he can have his own spotlight elsewhere.
-Don't think he will want to play in France or Italy either as second tier leagues.

It will be between us or Bayern (who will want to replace Lewa) but I don't think they will spend that much on wages.

Fight me if you think otherwise.

hardyboy

If we get rid of Coutinho, Umtiti and Pjanic next season we wouldn't be having players with absurd salaries and there would be room for Haaland.

Home of Barca Fans