Erling Haaland

hardyboy

Who's going to be our marquee signing then?

Barcelona always signs or has a generational attacking player in the team. IT'S THE CLUBS IDENTITY.

-Even aside from Ronaldo, United have Sancho, Rashford and Greenwood
-City will get Kane next year on a free
-Chelsea has Lukaku
-Real Madrid will get Mbappe who will be the main guy there and Haaland wont go there as he can have his own spotlight elsewhere.
-Don't think he will want to play in France or Italy either as second tier leagues.

It will be between us or Bayern (who will want to replace Lewa) but I don't think they will spend that much on wages.

Fight me if you think otherwise.

Harry Kane's contract is till 2024. City will go all n for Haaland and if Mbappe leaves PSG will also try to get Haaland. You cannot fight with these oil clubs.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I don't think Barca would get a fee big enough to sell Pedri for rebuild money right now, his reputation has obviously transcended but for a club to splash ridiculous money I'm not sure.

De Jong of course would be the player that gets sold for rebuild money as City/United would spend big on him. If Barca keeps sliding it won't be long until he wants that either.

Pedri has another good season and could easily see teams ready to pay close to 100m for him.

Devils

People say we can't affor it but it could be viewed as a long term investment with big payoffs.

Haaland vs Mbappe for the next 5+ years would be the new Messi vs Ronaldo

Would be great for La Liga and Spanish football. It would definitely bring La Liga out of the void it is in right now.

Last edited:

jamrock

With all the wages we moved off the books this summer plus what we could move next summer, combined with his relatively low release clause, we could move for him.

Yes he will be on big wages, but the issue isn't paying big wages, it's paying big wages to players who are past their best.

You don't pay players for what they use to do, you pay them for what they will do.

Plus he is not the type to stay at a club for life, sign him on a big contract, he won't renew, we sell him after 3/4 years by which time someone else would have come through from somewhere that is a great attacking talent.

behindbrowneyes

If we get rid of Coutinho, Umtiti and Pjanic next season we wouldn't be having players with absurd salaries and there would be room for Haaland.

There will be room for new salaries without getting rid of them for 2 reasons:
-'Masa salarial' (salaries + amortisations) was lowered by a significant amount. Griezmann alone has burdened the salary cap with 60M. The club did some extraordinary amortisations of useless players, so they won't burden the masa salarial next summer with their amortisations, but only with their salary. Dembele will be fully amortized too as his first contract runs out, so his amortisation costs will be gone. Some players reduced their salaries and some more might follow.
- It won't go up to pre-Covid numbers, but revenue will go up again which will help salary cap to go up too.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Delusional some of you, no way he comes to Barcelona. Not only is he too expensive, the team is shit also.

Because it is shit, it is a perfect condition to set him up as the new poster boy, the new star, the center of all attention. Not that we will get him, just saying.

Not every player is dying to come to play with Messi.

serghei

Because it is shit, it is a perfect condition to set him up as the new poster boy, the new star, the center of all attention. Not that we will get him, just saying.

This is a an overrated argument. Players don't want to be poster boys. They want to compete at the highest levels and win big titles. How is it working for De Jong being the poster boy of this team? Pretty badly I'd say. I bet he'd prefer playing in an elite side and being in CL semifinals and finals right now.

At this rate, he'll be left with a semifinal since his Ajax days :lol:.

Haaland is a pipe dream. After all these years, the fanbase is still borderline delusional when it comes to galactico signings. Just kiss those goodbye for 2-3 years.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
This is a an overrated argument. Players don't want to be poster boys. They want to compete at the highest levels and win big titles. How it is working for De Jong being the poster boy of this team? Pretty shit I'd say. I bet he'd prefer playing in an elite side and playing CL semifinals and finals right now.

Not for every player of course, I am talking about the likes of Haalands, Mbappes and the next generations of hyped star forwards. Sure not everyone is that egoistic but players are ambitious, they want to establish themselves and build their story and legacy. Of course they care about winning titles, I am not talking about any shit team. A powerhouse like us going through a transition period and period of rough patches make conditions perfect for someone to come to establish himself.

Mitchell1978

Its clear Haaland and Raiola also want to get paid.

Haaland will go the PL most likely, maybe Bayern, PSG or Real (if they don't get Mbappe) have a chance.

serghei

Not for every player of course, I am talking about the likes of Haalands, Mbappes and the next generations of hyped star forwards. Sure not everyone is that egoistic but players are ambitious, they want to establish themselves and build their story and legacy. Of course they care about winning titles, I am not talking about any shit team. A powerhouse like us going through a transition period and period of rough patches make conditions perfect for someone to come to establish himself.

Mbappe and Haaland won't wait 2-3 years to maybe at some point battle for CL. They will join teams who are already in contention for CL or thereabouts.

We don't even have a good manager. We're years from being attractive to someone like Haaland. I like Laporta, but this is way above his powers. Haaland will move in the summer. In the summer we are still going to try to clear wages from our books. This season is likely to be affected by covid too. Spain seems to be moving at a snail pace regarding fans back in the stadiums. And now the cold months will come soon. Who expects to play in the winter will fans will have a big surprise.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Its clear Haaland and Raiola also want to get paid.

Haaland will go the PL most likely, maybe Bayern, PSG or Real (if they don't get Mbappe) have a chance.

You could be right after all. I am just saying being shit doesn't mean star players won't want to come, for example Manchester United.

Of course, you have to have money to make it happen.

serghei

You could be right after all. I am just saying being shit doesn't mean star players won't want to come, for example Manchester United.

Of course, you have to have money to make it happen.

United never had problems with money under American ownership. Our problem is also money-related.

What we need to do is bring a better manager and turn our talents into stars the way Dortmund do. I've been watching that Reyna kid from Dortmund. Next big-money signing and in 1-2 years he'll command a similar fee to Sancho. Bellingham could be next as well.

What Dortmund is doing we should be doing as well. This is the ticket out. Promote young talented players and give them time to develop and proper tactics as well.

Last edited:

serghei

So, all in all, we desperately need more courage. A Dortmund approach for 2-3 years until the club is financially somewhat stable. Then we can talk about completing the squad with 1-2 world-class expensive signings when we get our footing back.

It can be done, if we find a better manager and if we give up on the idea that we'll be doomed if the likes of Pique and Busi won't start for example. That sort of approach will hold us back.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans