Erling Haaland

iniestaGOAT

I don't know why he should choose to join us...probably only if we renew Dembele

Lots of reason, not being a sidekick to Mbappe in Madrd, Premier league teams smply dont pay those sort of wages.

barca would be perfect for him to go head to head, for marketing purposes mbappe vs halaand

Andresito

Staff member
I don't think it's impossible to get him. But if we do, we'll do so on a few conditions.

If I were him, seeing the state of the team (and with Raiola eager to make money), I'd probably insert a low release clause (100-120m) not to get stuck behind a 800m clause. Maybe some options to trigger a low clause, like not finishing top 4 or whatever.

A shorter contract (2-3 years) could also be an OK option for him, but that would mean we'd have to amortize a higher amount than compared to a 5 year contract. So that might not work from our POV.

It comes down to convincing him that this current period will go away soon. But he is going to need assurances that he can keep having a career at the top, hence the options above.
This is unfortunately how we'll have to act nowadays. No top player is going to sign a regular long term contract with all the current uncertaincies within the club.

Kul_z

All out on this guy. Sign the cvc deal, sell what you can sell and bring free agents that can upgrade some of the positions.

LFCB

Players definitely want to play for Barca over Man City or Chelsea. A bit of a clearance and a money tree and we'll be just fine.

fergus90

Laporta needs to be offering 75 million, a lifetime supply of Uzbekistanian hookers for Alf-Inge, and create the Ousmane Dembele Cup to be played vs Dortmund in Saudi Arabia every January.

Home of Barca Fans