Erling Haaland

serghei

I have similar feelings.
He is a monster of physicality, but when teams play low condensed blocks in their area, how would his strengths come to fruition?
Would we change our way of playing to crossing for his head?

PS: I don't think we can afford his wages anyway, and the whole Haaland sage is disorienting

With the difference being that Dembele is exceptional in 1v1 and dribbling, which Haaland isn't.
That's why Dembele is useful as a winger against low blocks as well

Haaland is fast. And his movement is incredible. He's a peculiar combination of power and speed. I don't think it's possible to replicate 2011 Barca. I think our model is Rijkaard Barca. Fati + Haaland would be incredible as attack-line commanders. You have a proper elite 9 and a left-winger with world class instincts. All you need is a RW with pedigree who is a top dog in 1 vs 1 and that attack just shreds.

Let's be honest, without Pep, you can't build a Pep-like team. He was a genius manager. It's a reason why people call it Pep's Barca. His contribution was huge.

Last edited:

serghei

Attacking is a big issue this season when ansu doesnt play. A icecold finisher would make the life much more easier.

Fati is an incredible player really. His finishing is just out of this world. In some of his goals his shooting is so quick and decisive that I actually see the goal properly in replays.

It's like other players think for 3-4 seconds what to do. Ansu Fati thinks in a tenth of that time. It's instinct, not thinking, just having a natural ability to know what to do in a situation and the technique to hit the ball in the right spot to direct it where you want it to go.

If the injuries don't block him, his potential is huge.

Last edited:

Birdy

Haaland is fast. And his movement is incredible. He's a peculiar combination of power and speed. I don't think it's possible to replicate 2011 Barca. I think our model is Rijkaard Barca. Fati + Haaland would be incredible as attack-line commanders. You have a proper elite 9 and a left-winger with world class instincts. All you need is a RW with pedigree who is a top dog in 1 vs 1 and that attack just shreds.

Let's be honest, without Pep, you can't build a Pep-like team. He was a genius manager. It's a reason why people call it Pep's Barca. His contribution was huge.

That's the most NONSerghei post I have ever read coming from Serghei
LOL

Seems like BBZ grew into you

serghei

That's the most NONSerghei post I have ever read coming from Serghei
LOL

Seems like BBZ grew into you

No, I love the MSN and Rijkaard Barca, I just think it's hard to build attacks like that in this era. A peak Ronnie and Eto'o right now is 250m. Hell, even Giuly, best player of CL finalist Monaco is about 80m. :lol:

Rassvet

Any of you guys rate Vlahovic as a cheaper alternative? I doubt we can afford Haaland or that he would fit at Barca well enough to justify the cost when other areas need strengthening.

serghei

Any of you guys rate Vlahovic as a cheaper alternative? I doubt we can afford Haaland or that he would fit at Barca well enough to justify the cost when other areas need strengthening.

Vlahovic will be an expensive bet. The same reason why nobody bought Koulibaly. Every smaller team will now demand crazy fees for their star player. If you put an offer of 30m for Vlahovic, what he reasonably is worth, Fiorentina will troll you.

Rather than taking a 70m bet on Vlahovic, I'd rather pay 130m for Haaland (Dortmund + agent + Haaland + Haaland's relatives). Provided we have that kind of money. No more wild bets. Either expensive sure things, or low-money bets for us.

Last edited:

Birdy

It's not cheaper first of all. Fiorentina want above 70m apparently for him.

Then, no he is not even close to Haaland's quality.
He is a good finisher, but none of Haaland's raw pace and physicality.

Plus, he plays in Seria A: a very slow-baked league that cannot be compared even with the level of football in Bundesliga right now

IMO, to get a sense of what a realistic 'ideal' replacement would be:
If City gets Haaland, go out and out for Jesus. And even him, we most likely would not be able to get I reckon.
But that's the 'ideal' given our situation, the standard by which we should judge atm

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Fati is an incredible player really. His finishing is just out of this world. In some of his goals his shooting is so quick and decisive that I actually see the goal properly in replays.

It's like other players think for 3-4 seconds what to do. Ansu Fati thinks in a tenth of that time. It's instinct, not thinking, just having a natural ability to know what to do in a situation and the technique to hit the ball in the right spot to direct it where you want it to go.

If the injuries don't block him, his potential is huge.

Yeah, there is a reason why i have my username :valverde2:

serghei

Imo, people should realize that Barca was successful using two methods, or a combination between them:

- in house philosophy with golden generations
- galactico policy of singing superstars
- mix between these two.

Other options are unproven. This team never achieved success outside these two main models.

iniestaGOAT

Vlahovic will be an expensive bet. The same reason why nobody bought Koulibaly. Every smaller team will now demand crazy fees for their star player. If you put an offer of 30m for Vlahovic, what he reasonably is worth, Fiorentina will troll you.

Rather than taking a 70m bet on Vlahovic, I'd rather pay 130m for Haaland (Dortmund + agent + Haaland + Haaland's relatives). Provided we have that kind of money. No more wild bets. Either expensive sure things, or low-money bets for us.

Lol Florentine is not going to troll you. The player is refusing to sign a new contract. He's gonna come for 30-50m easy

serghei

Lol Florentine is not going to troll you. The player is refusing to sign a new contract. He's gonna come for 30-50m easy

If he won't sign a contract then he'll pick a better team. Players who are able to pick and choose because they have leverage (their contracts allow them room to maneuver) aren't likely to join us either.

iniestaGOAT

If he won't sign a contract then he'll pick a better team. Players who are able to pick and choose because they have leverage (their contracts allow them room to maneuver) aren't likely to join us either.

That's not what guys like depay and agueto thought

We are the premier destination wether you like it or not

serghei

That's not what guys like depay and agueto thought

We are the premier destination wether you like it or not

Not the same. That Vlahovic is liked with Liverpool. Aguero was a finished player, and Depay obviously has huge limitations as he is a big fish in a tiny pond type of player - which we're finding out on our own.

Messigician

Erling Haaland doesn?t contemplate signing for Barcelona if they don't qualify for Champions League football next season. [sport]

Announce Giroud!

Home of Barca Fans