Erling Haaland

M3ls

And you start to work less without the ball. A coach comes up to you and says - Guy, have your pressing actions gotten worse? What is the problem? And you answer the coach - why aren't you talking about Mbappe and Halland's bad stats?

And here is a conflict for you.

M3ls

That is why Tuchel said that at PSG, where such stars as Neymar and Mbapp? are, you are more the Minister of Sports than the coach.

JamDav1982

And you start to work less without the ball. A coach comes up to you and says - Guy, have your pressing actions gotten worse? What is the problem? And you answer the coach - why aren't you talking about Mbappe and Halland's bad stats?

Are you claiming that Real will be worse with Mbappe as they will have two 'stars that dont run' and if they get Haaland they get worse again with 'three stars that dont run'?

Messigician

You're projecting

Pedro didn't stop working hard because Messi and Villa were partnering him in attack

M3ls

You're projecting

Pedro didn't stop working hard because Messi and Villa were partnering him in attack

First, Villa has always worked hard without the ball.

Secondly, Messi is a different level. When you see the best player in the history of world football, you understand that he will have privileges.

This is not the case for guys like Halland and Mbappe. They are very cool players, but no one will put them in the top 3 of the greatest in history.

JamDav1982

Secondly, Messi is a different level. When you see the best player in the history of world football, you understand that he will have privileges.

This is not the case for guys like Halland and Mbappe. They are very cool players, but no one will put them in the top 3 of the greatest in history.

So are you saying Real get worse this summer if sign Mbappe?

They then get even worse again if sign Haaland on top of that?

You are highlighting Mbappe and Neymar who together at PSG have taken them further and closer than ever have been in past so not all that great an argument there either.

Messigician

So has vini just like villa

Why would he change if villa didn't?

serghei

I actually think RM will be better with one of Mpabbe/Halaand than having both.

For the attack to work, somebody has to give and sacrifice himself and his stats for the good of the team.

Let's not forget that in 2017 when Madrid was at their best, probably the only version where they were unanimously the best team in the world (only double winner IIRC), the main go-to formula for Zidane was with Ronaldo, Isco, Benzema, with Isco behind in a diamond 4-4-2. So, here again, it's an indication that there was a need to have a star sacrificed for a more balanced player.

Benzema we all know is not a galactico at all, but a team player above all, who was happy to put himself in service of Ronaldo and allow him to be the star of the show week in week out. And Isco was not a superstar.

Say if Madrid buys Haaland and Mbappe, on top of having Vinicius who's turning into a big star, that's a volatile compound, with every player being interested in becoming the star of the show. It can backfire.

The positive part for Madrid is that they are a smarter club than either Barca or PSG. They could make it work, but doubt it will remain a working formula for long.

I can see a MSN outcome where they clear out La Liga winning something like 3-4 championships in 5 years, but the problems creep in the CL where they get knocked out more often than not by a harder working better drilled side.

Last edited:

M3ls

So has vini just like villa

Why would he change if villa didn't?

Because Vinnie is no worse than Mbappe and Halland in terms of talent. I've always said that he is an incredibly great talent. And I laughed when people put Fati over Vinnie.

As for Villa, he was not even close to being talented like Messi and he understood that. Again we are talking about the greatest in history. Every reasonable person will understand that the greatest in history will have privileges.

If I’m Vinnie, I’m ready to work hard without the ball, even if Messi doesn’t do it. But if it's not Messi but Halland, I'll tell the coach - Why do I have to run a lot when this big guy is standing?

M3ls

For the attack to work, somebody has to give and sacrifice himself and his stats for the good of the team.

Let's not forget that in 2017 when Madrid was at their best, probably the only version where they were unanimously the best team in the world (only double winner IIRC), the main go-to formula for Zidane was with Ronaldo, Isco, Benzema, with Isco behind in a diamond 4-4-2. So, here again, it's an indication that there was a need to have a star sacrificed for a more balanced player.

Benzema we all know is not a galactico at all, but a team player above all, who was happy to put himself in service of Ronaldo and allow him to be the star of the show week in week out. And Isco was not a superstar.

Say if Madrid buys Haaland and Mbappe, on top of having Vinicius who's turning into a big star, that's a volatile compound, with every player being interested in becoming the star of the show. It can backfire.

The positive part for Madrid is that they are a smarter club than either Barca or PSG. They could make it work, but doubt it will remain a working formula for long.

I can see a MSN outcome where they clear out La Liga winning something like 3-4 championships in 5 years, but the problems creep in the CL where they get knocked out more often than not by a harder working better drilled side.

This guy understands football.

serghei

It would still be very bad news for us because they would murder La Liga, and win many titles over us. Having a lot of firepower makes you smash the likes of Mallorca and Getafe 4 or 5-0 even on a bad day.

Just like we were doing that with MSN while being relatively crap and slow in CL. In La Liga, we were winning the double without much fuss.

Messigician

Because Vinnie is no worse than Mbappe and Halland in terms of talent. I've always said that he is an incredibly great talent. And I laughed when people put Fati over Vinnie.

As for Villa, he was not even close to being talented like Messi and he understood that. Again we are talking about the greatest in history. Every reasonable person will understand that the greatest in history will have privileges.

If I?m Vinnie, I?m ready to work hard without the ball, even if Messi doesn?t do it. But if it's not Messi but Halland, I'll tell the coach - Why do I have to run a lot when this big guy is standing?

Vini isn't as talented as either Mbappe or Haaland come on

Home of Barca Fans