Erling Haaland

Givenchy

There's not a chance in hell Pique and Suarez will be here after the new Board is appointed in 2021. Busquets might be gone too, or at least restricted down to a bench role, being a back up for De Jong, if he'll be willing to do it, which I doubt by the way. Suarez might even be gone this summer already (i'm guessing to Beckham's new Miami team or back to Ajax, like Huntelaar did), if we manage to get Lautaro in.

Messi will be the only senior one still here. Although with the new Board, him getting older, probably not playing every single game anymore, and most, if not all of his amigos gone (all 30+ will be gone anyway, while Alba I honestly don't see him seeing his crazy contract out, as he'll be 35 and a fucking snail on the pitch by then, I could actually see Alba being let go by 2022 too, especially if Firpo can make that LB position his own in the meantime), Messi's power and influence at the club will be greatly diminished. He'll obviously still have the respect (as he absolutely should) of the new Board, but I don't see them bending over back wards to accommodate him and especially not build a team around him anymore, especially if Font wins. But I do see him staying at Barca at least as long as Cristiano stays at Juve, where he's still a threat for the Ballon'd Or. As for Messi (it's obviously gonna depend on him avoiding injuries and how long Cristiano will be around), but I see him retiring at age 35-36.

I doubt Messi is gonna want to retire first though, especially since he's two years younger. It's gonna be interesting to see who blinks first though, and what happens if Cristiano actually stretches his career until he's 40 or something (I could totally see him do that, if injuries don't get to him first), since his ego won't allow him to give up sooner, he'll be trying for as long as he can to overtake Messi in the Ballon'd Or rankings. So by that logic Messi would then have go to 38, which is the absolute maximum I see him playing for, BUT if he's around for that long, I don't necessarily see him at Barca until the end, especially if Cristiano heads out of Europe (I could totally see that too) to the MLS by that time (hopefully Juve won't be stupid enough to keep him around for that long themselves).

I think when Cristiano will leave Europe, Messi will return to Argentina (or retire altogether) too, since there's no way Cristiano can win another Ballon'd Or while not playing in Europe anymore, if Messi was still ahead by then. But as I could only see one maybe two years back in Argentina for Messi after Barca, if he does it at all, I could see Cristiano stretching it out 'Ibra' style easy, head to the MLS for a couple of seasons, then maybe even returning to Europe for a season or so, when he's Ibra's current age, but obviously once (if) he leaves Europe the first time, I don't think he'll be a realistic Ballon'd Or contender after that anymore, even if he does come back to Europe later at some point, so Messi should be safe in any case, even if he does retire first, when Cristiano leaves Europe (for the first time).

I'm not sure we can say Ronaldo leaving Europe and then returning would rule him out of winning another Ballon d'or, no 2 players have dominated in the same era as Leo and Ronaldo so i wouldn't write it off

as for Messi being worried about Ronaldo and the Ballon d'or count; i don't think he is anymore. since he started his family he seems less interested and motivated by individual awards. i think he'll retire 2022 regardless of what Cristiano is doing

Andresito

Staff member
If the lord of pizza actually managed to land a 70M release clause for his client then I applaud him.

Most of the top teams with money have strikers that are 30+. Imagine them fighting for his signing, his wages will be astronomical.

Puts us in a dilemma though, do we wait another year to sign a striker?
I'm not fully convinced though, he looks like a striker who thrives in a direct system, kind of like Werner. He's a real killer though.

Messigician

I'm not sure we can say Ronaldo leaving Europe and then returning would rule him out of winning another Ballon d'or, no 2 players have dominated in the same era as Leo and Ronaldo so i wouldn't write it off

as for Messi being worried about Ronaldo and the Ballon d'or count; i don't think he is anymore. since he started his family he seems less interested and motivated by individual awards. i think he'll retire 2022 regardless of what Cristiano is doing

Messi said it hurt that Ronaldo had the same number of Ballon dor's as him

FC433

If the lord of pizza actually managed to land a 70M release clause for his client then I applaud him.

Most of the top teams with money have strikers that are 30+. Imagine them fighting for his signing, his wages will be astronomical.

Puts us in a dilemma though, do we wait another year to sign a striker?
I'm not fully convinced though, he looks like a striker who thrives in a direct system, kind of like Werner. He's a real killer though.

I would personally try and see if we can get either Richarlison or Sane for about 60m? Definitely against signing L. Martínez for anything over 60m. Werner should be available for 50m.

Riordon

I would personally try and see if we can get either Richarlison or Sane for about 60m? Definitely against signing L. Martínez for anything over 60m. Werner should be available for 50m.

I’m also aganist the signing of Martinez for 100m+. I would follow the Sancho situation, lets see what the price will be. Then Richarlison or Sane but also Isak. I have a sweet spot for Rashford but aint leaving
The summer after i would bring Haaland.

I believe we can get Sane and Isak for the price of Martinez, no brainer for me IMO.

Laplacian

I’m also aganist the signing of Martinez for 100m+. I would follow the Sancho situation, lets see what the price will be. Then Richarlison or Sane but also Isak. I have a sweet spot for Rashford but aint leaving
The summer after i would bring Haaland.

I believe we can get Sane and Isak for the price of Martinez, no brainer for me IMO.

Is it because he's Brazilian lol? Richarlison doesn't have the skill set to play in our team. Sané and Sancho will be better fits as they excel in short passing and dribbling in tight spaces.

Besides it's not going to happen. Sancho's going to England and Sané's going to Bayern. Barcelona can have a major chance at taking both, but their priorities are hilariously screwed.

FC433

^
Isak is very very very rough and needs a lot of polishing. One touch, he is brilliant... another touch, who is even that? Very similar to Dembele. We should not even think about getting him this summer. CF and CB are the positions that no one can wait for.

I agree and I do really like Rashofrd. I said that before he renewed his contract, but no one seems to like him here.

Riordon

Is it because he's Brazilian lol? Richarlison doesn't have the skill set to play in our team. Sané and Sancho will be better fits as they excel in short passing and dribbling in tight spaces.

Besides it's not going to happen. Sancho's going to England and Sané's going to Bayern. Barcelona can have a major chance at taking both, but their priorities are hilariously screwed.

I can he can excel at the Villa/Henry role at LW. I think he is really good but also seems to have the right mentality.

And i know we wont get any of them, we will get L.Martinez for 111m, then chase Neymar all summer with the result being him staying at PSG and we will play Martinez as LW.

Thats your summer guys

Riordon

^
Isak is very very very rough and needs a lot of polishing. One touch, he is brilliant... another touch, who is even that? Very similar to Dembele. We should not even think about getting him this summer. CF and CB are the positions that no one can wait for.

I agree and I do really like Rashofrd. I said that before he renewed his contract, but no one seems to like him here.

Fair take on Isak, needs polishing but think he can be special. We are probably not the right club to develop him. I prefer Rashford to Sancho/Sane as the winger. Him as LW with Haaland as the CF is some shit i want to see

Devils

That sound when the ball hits the back of the net @3:05.

[youtube]qDKIOczwibQ?t=184[/youtube]

fC0SKj5.png
fC0SKj5.png
fC0SKj5.png

He's crazy dawg.

1) Dude has the physical presence of Drogba, finishing abilities like Batistua and pace of a young Ronaldo.

2) No offense to the Norwegians on here, but I cannot believe that this guy is of Norwegian descent

Taking #1 and #2 into account, this guy theoretically shouldn't even exist.

Last edited:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Crazy how about three years ago, Erling, then 16, was in my hometown of about 15K people with Molde’s youth team playing a tournament here. Friend of mine, barely playing football these days because of injuries, had Erling deep in his pocket playing as LB for the local team up against Molde and Erling. Went goalless off the pitch and nobody really noticed anything special about him. Three years later, two goals against PSG in the knockout stages of the CL and top scorer of the tournament. Crazy to witness the development of certain young players.

Home of Barca Fans