Erling Haaland

JamDav1982

Xavi knows the importance of a 9. He pleaded with Pep to keep Eto?o, knew how effective Suarez was. Pep definitely can live without a true 9 as we have seen but I don?t think Xavi shares that same vision.

Pep wants a 9 as well and would love Haaland at City.

M3ls

Eto'o is completely different from Halland. The Cameroonian played excellently in a quick short pass, he could go to different positions in the attack during the game, he was excellent in small spaces.

Halland is a different type of player.

serghei

Xavi knows the importance of a 9. He pleaded with Pep to keep Eto?o, knew how effective Suarez was. Pep definitely can live without a true 9 as we have seen but I don?t think Xavi shares that same vision.

Yea, because he saw the incredible things Samu brought to the team.

Pep wants a 9 as well and would love Haaland at City.

Yeah, but that doesn't mean he will use him. He wanted Ibra too. Besides, I will believe it when I see Pep signing him.

Last edited:

fergus90

lol yes I’m well aware Eto’o is different to Haaland but Haalands ability to link with his team mates and play one-touch layoffs is very underrated. Gets his share of assists too and he’s only 21 so that side of his game will keep improving.

serghei

lol yes I’m well aware Eto’o is different to Haaland but Haalands ability to link with his team mates and play one-touch layoffs is very underrated. Gets his share of assists too and he’s only 21 so that side of his game will keep improving.

Yeah, he can pass. He's not some player that is a complete poacher and does nothing else other than that. He just has to be the reference point in attack, that's what you need to give to him.

JamDav1982

Yea, because he saw the incredible things Samu brought to the team.

Yeah, but that doesn't mean he will use him. He wanted Ibra too. Besides, I will believe it when I see Pep signing him.

Pep wanted Kane and will go after Haaland/Vlahovic and try to land one of the three.

Pep has had a CF in his teams for majority of his coaching career.

serghei

City are rumored to want the likes of Kane, Haaland, Cristiano, Messi, yet for the last 3 years, they are using Foden, Gundogan, and Jesus as strikers.

JamDav1982

City are rumored to want the likes of Kane, Haaland, Cristiano, Messi, yet for the last 3 years, they are using Foden, Gundogan, and Jesus as strikers.

Aguero played majority of games at CF when fit and Jesus when he wasnt.

Last season in particular Aguero was clearly done and he tried to sign Kane that next summer.

Jesus started to play wider and favoured that position.

Pep for majority of coaching career has had a CF and wanted one at City last summer and will again.

Morten

Eto'o is completely different from Halland. The Cameroonian played excellently in a quick short pass, he could go to different positions in the attack during the game, he was excellent in small spaces.

Halland is a different type of player.

Don't know why you insist on Haaland being a scrub who can't pass a ball, cause its not true.

fergus90

Pep I think can definitely live without a striker, or moves them out of position.

Getting Grealish for 100 mill rather than going for a striker first is pretty telling to me. Sure every big club will be in for Haaland though as it’s a huge opportunity.

JamDav1982

Pep I think can definitely live without a striker, or moves them out of position.

Getting Grealish for 100 mill rather than going for a striker first is pretty telling to me. Sure every big club will be in for Haaland though as it’s a huge opportunity.

Of course he can function without a striker but fact remains he still wanted one last summer and will again.

Grealish being signed first had no impact at all on Kane persuit. Grealish had an agreed fee that could be done early.

This idea Pep prefers to play without a striker is not correct. Bar when Messi kicked up fuck and wanted to be central to team. Even then he did get a CF in Villa and played him in slighly different role from left but with lots of actions get from a CF in leading line and running in behind at times.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Haaland might not have the nimble touch Eto'o and Kane has, but he's a physical specimen who even bullied van Dijk off the ball. Having him as a striker brings a whole different dimension. And honestly he's not that bad on the ball. He's good at quick one-twos and holding off CBs for the ball.

Like I said before: Adapt to the players you got. Different strengths and weaknesses.

I say the same about Gavi, Pedri, Frenkie, Nico and others. They're not going to play like Xavi, Iniesta or Busquets. They simply have different strengths and weaknesses. Even if they or one or two of them develop into World Class footballers it will on their own strengths and not by copying former legends.

JamDav1982

Haaland makes Barca massively better particularly if can get improve in air.

Makes Barca very difficult to defend against.

Cant sit with high line as he can run in behind and sit deep he is a target in the box.

That threat in turn in theory opens up whole pitch and allows Xavis patterns of play to become easier.

Home of Barca Fans