Erling Haaland

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Haaland makes Barca massively better particularly if can get improve in air.

Makes Barca very difficult to defend against.

Cant sit with high line as he can run in behind and sit deep he is a target in the box.

That threat in turn in theory opens up whole pitch and allows Xavis patterns of play to become easier.

He's already improved a lot in the air this season and said it's one of the areas he keep working on.

Only an insane person would say no to Haaland if he want to join and somehow I think we got a couple of them around :lol:

serghei

He's already improved a lot in the air this season and said it's one of the areas he keep working on.

Only an insane person would say no to Haaland if he want to join and somehow I think we got a couple of them around :lol:

Some pretend they don't want him because he prefers Madrid reportedly. If we miss the boat on both Haaland and Vlahovic we're in trouble.

JamDav1982

Some pretend they don't want him because he prefers Madrid reportedly. If we miss the boat on both Haaland and Vlahovic we're in trouble.

There is definitely a big element of saying dont want him as dont believe he will arrive.

The next step is when he doesnt sign they mock those who wanted him as if it was a 'done deal' and stupid for ever discussing it.

When in reality I would think even those that want him think odds are still against it happening.

DonAK

It's completely understandable if he prefers Real Madrid.

He didn't grow up as a Barca fan and Real Madrid are in a much better situation right now financially and have their new stadium close to completion, among many other things.

Meanwhile look at us.

Controversy have been surrounding the club for years, in various forms.

A player preferring Real Madrid because they're a way more stable club or because they were the team winning CL titles while he was very young makes sense to me, but that means zilch when it comes to picking a team to play for as we've seen with the likes of Modric and Isco for example.

JamDav1982

Could easy be Barca/Raiola letting these rumours flow to increase money for Haaland from players side while for Barca it doesnt look bad if can claim Haaland wanted the move and club did as much as could with finances preventing it. Which is not of their doing and out with their control.

fergus90

If not for the financial restraints I think we?d be in pole position because he would be the focal point at Barca.

Madrid have prioritised Mbappe and I don?t blame them because he?s also a sensational player but Benzema is still performing and has been a loyal servant to Real. Tough to see all of them getting optimal game time.

DonAK

Could easy be Barca/Raiola letting these rumours flow to increase money for Haaland from players side while for Barca it doesnt look bad if can claim Haaland wanted the move and club did as much as could with finances preventing it. Which is not of their doing and out with their control.

Maybe, but it would be a bad look for Laporta with all the talking he has done.

Especially if we miss out on Vlahovic too and Morata is our new #9 :mou:

Porque

Haaland: At all costs.

I just wonder, and it's just an inkling, but LaLiga, Barcelona and (maybe) Madrid need Haaland in Barcelona and Mbappe in Madrid. Post Messi/Ronaldo, what other way to re-establish the marketing position of LaLiga? We are binary stars.

JamDav1982

Maybe, but it would be a bad look for Laporta with all the talking he has done.

Especially if we miss out on Vlahovic too and Morata is our new #9 :mou:

Not really if he can claim he did his part and Haaland wanted the move but financial state of club caused by last board prevented it.

That is better look than Haaland rejecting club when could have afforded it.

DonAK

I just wonder, and it's just an inkling, but LaLiga, Barcelona and (maybe) Madrid need Haaland in Barcelona and Mbappe in Madrid. Post Messi/Ronaldo, what other way to re-establish the marketing position of LaLiga? We are binary stars.

La Liga definitely need him, but Tebas seem like the type of man that is willing to burn it down to the ground if he doesn't get what he wants.

Morten

If i had to choose between Haaland to Barca and Mbappe to RM or neither gets either, i would go for the latter.

Probably because im a Norwegian RM-supporter though.

JamDav1982

Unreal if Barca could get Haaland, Real get Mbappe and somehow Atletico pull off Vlahovic.

Probably last summer was Atleticos time for that and missed boat though.

DonAK

If i had to choose between Haaland to Barca and Mbappe to RM or neither gets either, i would go for the latter.

Probably because im a Norwegian RM-supporter though.

Sorry but you had your fun with our press creaming their pants over a standard Odegaard pass for Real Madrid Castilla for years.

It's time for Barca to receive some love with Erling.

Home of Barca Fans