Erling Haaland

FinBarcelonafan

Not just forums.

Jose Bordalas on FC Barcelona:
"They have a debt of ?300m and have signed Ferran Torres for ?55m and they?re going to sign [?lvaro] Morata. And the president says they will sign more players, even [Erling] Haaland."

He wasn't complaining when we lost Griezmann and Messi etc and we are reducing the wage bill quite a bit. What an ignorant comment.

We cut most of the fat. Coutinho, Umtiti and Dembele left.

MTL_Barca

Our finances are clearly fucked, but it's not like Haaland is completely out of reach.

We went into this season with Umtiti + Coutinho riding the bench. If we manage to offload them that's the Haaland salary already. Dembeles salary will be gone as well. Last summer we already lost Messi and got rid of Griezmann and Pjanic. So at least we make good progress at reducing the cost of the squad, not many big earners left soon.

Hopefully we'll also be able to generate some income this summer. We have Trincao to possibly sell, Dest probably, maybe a little bit here or there for others too. The 40M for Griezmann will also come in at some point, but i guess 2023.

Most difficult part will probably be the la liga rules again, and not so much the money itself. But that shit seems so complicated that it's hard to make blank statements about debt and come to conclusions what the club can or can't afford.

I personally have a hard time believing it's possible, but i also wouldn't say it's impossible. A completely broke and destroyed club also shouldn't be able to buy Ferran Torres for 55M in the winter window, will this be our downfall or is it a sign the club may fight the :bbztitanic: with investments? We'll see.

Porque

The issue is the salary cap and the LaLiga FFP.

In theory a 100m loan with low interest (think Real Madrid rates of 1%) would be achievable to finance Haaland. With post Covid returns of income it would be feasible.

Of course we would be destroyed by another pandemic though, coupled with the stadium build and all.

mc_lovin

People need to get away from debt and understand it's much more complex. If we get to 800ME-1000ME revenue again we are obscenely rich - despite the debt.

Looking at transfers in yearly cost (wages+amortization) is eye opening as well. Griezmann and Messi costed 200ME/year combined. Ferran Torres is 10% of that. Haaland is roughly a quarter (~50ME/year with 30ME salary+120ME/5 for BVB, Raiola, his dad).

We can nearly finance Haaland with the exits of Umtiti and Coutinho :lol:
(impossible, I know)

JamDav1982

The issue is the salary cap and the LaLiga FFP.

In theory a 100m loan with low interest (think Real Madrid rates of 1%) would be achievable to finance Haaland. With post Covid returns of income it would be feasible.

Of course we would be destroyed by another pandemic though, coupled with the stadium build and all.

They can take out a 3 billion loan if they like but it wont solve the issues that are preventing Haaland at moment.

He isnt signing for Barca.

Need to start praying for a Torres Vlahovic Fati front line.

behindbrowneyes

Of course Laporta is in constant contact with Raiola and heavily "flirting" with Haaland to get him over here. If salary cap relaxes due to a positive end result and Barca finishes at least 4th (think 3rd place is within reach), Haaland very well is doable. Keeping contact and being on good terms with Raiola is very important for that kind of transfer and both sides have an ace up their sleeves to make a transfer tempting. Barca can't offer the most money, but Barca can offer him becoming the main man after Messi and I don't have even to mention what a move to Barca will mean in terms of publicity and things like that. Talk about the dominance of the Premier League all you want, but no one can compete with Madrid and Barca when it comes to limelight.

The media will be one hell of a noise regarding Haaland's name and every other week another big club will be in pole position to get him. All of those rumours can be kicked into the dustbin right away as he won't decide his future now, but in 3, 4 months which is a positive for Barca.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If we don't drastically improve our revenues or start selling/offloading a bunch of high earners and players, we can borrow all the money in the world, sign Haaland but still can't register him. No salary room.

It is a click bait.

slicknick

Still do not buy into this, as it has been refuted by some reliable sources (i.e. Romano, Fjortoft etc).
Even if we managed to convince him and afford him by some miracle, I am curious as to whether he would ever fit into our team to begin with.

vuji_31

Still do not buy into this, as it has been refuted by some reliable sources (i.e. Romano, Fjortoft etc).
Even if we managed to convince him and afford him by some miracle, I am curious as to whether he would ever fit into our team to begin with.

True.

Imagine best striker in the world runnimg down in counter attack, ball comes to Busqets and he plays it back to safe or gets fauled.

Frustration would be big.

Messigician

🚨🚨| Real Madrid are NOT planning to sign Haaland this summer and will only go for him if he's still available in 2023. @tgm46

Madrid media accepting he's joined Barca

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We can afford him and will sign him if he want to join us.

Not sure where all the doomsday scenarios are coming from. Obviously getting back to a level of debt where we're more comfortable will take some time, but that's the reason they pushed through with the stadium project. To generate more income. That's a long-term project.

And what do you need to generate more income anyway? A good team with great players that fans will come and watch and would attract more money from sponsors who want XYZ player to wear a shirt donning whatever they sell.

Signing scrubs and scrapping for 4th place for years is worse for a club like Barca that don't have a rich owner than actually trying to be ambitious while also not going overboard with salaries and multiple 100m+ transfers.

Home of Barca Fans