Erling Haaland

Eshez

Overrated, way too poor technically to get into a bidding war for. I hope the club doesn't fall for this one.

KingLeo10

Overrated, way too poor technically to get into a bidding war for. I hope the club doesn't fall for this one.

Yeah, because CL goalscoring machines RvN and Inzaghi were the bastions of technical ability.

Don't care how he scores as long as he scores big. Even CR7 became CR7 after he realized this.

Eshez

Yeah, because CL goalscoring machines RvN and Inzaghi were the bastions of technical ability.

Don't care how he scores as long as he scores big. Even CR7 became CR7 after he realized this.

RvN had great technique compared to Haaland. Haaland would kill way too many plays and not score near as much in a team that dominates possession.

El Gato

Villarato!
RvN was so Joga Bonito that the only time he appeared in one of those ads is as a fan attending the Portugal vs Brazil game where he had to kick the ball back up to Figo after they kicked it into the car park :lol:

CatalinR10

RvN was so Joga Bonito that the only time he appeared in one of those ads is as a fan attending the Portugal vs Brazil game where he had to kick the ball back up to Figo after they kicked it into the car park :lol:

the GOAT commercial :worthy:

bastardo

I can see his potential being that of the lewandowski, ibrahimovic, Kane etc striker tier. The only thing that is letting him down is his poor technique.

BBZ8800

A serious question, do you see us seriously ditching possession-based football or at least play more like Dortmund and do you see Haaland thriving in possession-based football?

If we'll play Pep's extreme style with not too many risks, then no.

But if we would play Rijkaard's or Lucho's football with possession but with more counters and crosses, this guy could be a machine.

Remember that in 1997 we had young R9 and that guy needed tons of space and counters.
He banged 47 goals in 49 matches for Barca and we won European Cup winners cup that season.

BBZ8800

But as others commented, it seems to be a cultural thing.

Players from Brasil always dream about Barca:
1. since we had Romario, Ronaldo R9, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho
2. Brasilian Joga Bonita is similar to Barca's style
3. Brasilians love sun and sea, Barca has similar climate

On the other hand, Scandinavians are way more connected to EPL.
I guess that way more people from Sweden or Norway watch West Ham:Tottenham than people in Brasil.

EPL football is more about height, physique, running, discipline which is more similar to Scandinavia mentality.
Barca is more about beauty, fun and style.
Just like Brasilians.
Plus England is closer (literally) to Scandinavia plus the weather is quite similar.

On top of that, EPL is ultra rich lately and La Liga is falling down compared to 10 years ago, and that trend will surely continue when both Messi and CR7 will be gone from Barca and Real.

I would love to have him here, but in the future, unless if a player is Catalan, Spanish, Brasilian or Dutch, we will have a hard time to sign him.

serghei

Didn't say that...

But I mean... Do you?
And if you do.. knowing he idolises Ronaldo. Do you reckon he liked Barca growing up?

Considering we've had several Barca fans who went to Madrid, I'd say anything is possible.

ZFrKU.jpeg

snowy

I would love to have him here, but in the future, unless if a player is Catalan, Spanish, Brasilian or Dutch, we will have a hard time to sign him.

Suppose we gain the rep of picking starters based on merit & become famous for our smart rotation and kinky carousels,

then surely he'd be hot to join us, right?

Anyways if no Hal 9000, go 4 Tammy A. This dude, if he stays in Chelsea will be top scorer next year with mailman Ziyech going total postal

Home of Barca Fans