Erling Haaland

JamDav1982

Tap ins are not as easy as made out.

Folk used to froth at likes of Ronaldo scoring those when he could read mistakes in defence quicker than anyone ever. That is a skill.

When combined in a player that is a focal point in box and has pace to hit teams on break it is almost unstoppable.

The best Barca teams have been the best in world on break as well as on ball. This current Barca side is showing how important both pace on break and target in box are with Auba and LDJ.

jamrock

Exactly it wouldn't because they can afford it, it's does not stop them from strengthen their team in other areas.

It's like saying apple benefited because Microsoft overpaid for Activision.

If Madrid were hanging on by a thread & we pushed them to spend more maybe, but their finances based on all reports are in good order.

Hey looked we forced them to spend an 30m on haaland now they have him & mbappe, we sure showed them 🙄

JamDav1982

Exactly it wouldn't because they can afford it, it's does not stop them from strengthen their team in other areas.

It's like saying apple benefited because Microsoft overpaid for Activision.

If Madrid were hanging on by a thread & we pushed them to spend more maybe, but their finances based on all reports are in good order.

Hey looked we forced them to spend an 30m on haaland now they have him & mbappe, we sure showed them ��

They spend more on him it is less they can spend elsewhere which is better for Barca.

Hey looked we forced them to spend an 30m on haaland now they have him & mbappe, we sure showed them

That does not even make sense within the point.

If they spend 30m more due to Barca allowing name to be used then good stuff. All counts.

jamrock

Probably it's you with the weird take really, especially using this vid as evidence.

Watched all the vid, and counted:
34 goals which were either tap-ins or 1-1 with the keeper (Estimate all of them have xG of more than big chance)
4 headers
4 pens

This leaves us with only 7 (!) goals which were different, or vs an organized defense.
And frankly even out of them, only a shot outside the box vs Bayern and a bicycle volley against Shalke stand out as GOOD FINISHES.

Again, I don't know why you can't see that 34 goals out of 49 were scored:
EITHER in open-space or open-space related situations (counter, successful pressing and steal of defender) (Most of them, in line with how BvB plays and the kindergarten defenses in Germany)
OR when everyone else of BvB did exceptional work to put him almost in open net (few of them)

Open play situations will occur only 10% of the goals Barca needs to score week in, week out.
Unless we become some kind of 'cross and insalah' team that just spams crosses for his head, I don't see any fit in his style.

On the contrary, what's really worrying in this compilation, is that it shows again his limited ability in controlling the ball when running.
He can't really dribble, he can just kick the ball away and run, whenever he tries to cut it or do sth that requires technique,
well...

Given our current squad & what's on the market who would you rather us sign and why? Serious question no bs.

Birdy

Fati's goals are just as good or better

https://youtu.be/EkhwU8mmGWY

https://youtu.be/UVNnY8GALhs

One 2nd thought do we need haaland, since he is also injury proun.

On the Contrary, [MENTION=22863]Laplacian[/MENTION]

What we see here is a guy who can divert and direct the ball THROUGH bodies of defenders into the net
-> the situation that Barca will face 80-90% of the time against defenses DUE to way of playing

Haaland is not able to score some of the goals Fati has already scored:
Vs Inter
Vs Osasuna
Vs Celta
Vs Villareal away
Vs Villareal home (the 1st one)

All these are technically BEYOND Haaland's reach.
Even the Levante goal that Fati scores this season, Haaland could have scored but not in the same way: he wouldn't be able to wrong-foot the defender in shooting.

Let alone that Fati can also create from the LW (look at his assists in the compilation)

Club is walking into a strategic mistake that can destroy our finances and block us from building a fluent team in the next 5-6 years

jamrock

They spend more on him it is less they can spend elsewhere which is better for Barca.

Hey looked we forced them to spend an 30m on haaland now they have him & mbappe, we sure showed them

That does not even make sense within the point.

If they spend 30m more due to Barca allowing name to be used then good stuff. All counts.

Except they have the money to spend else where, which is why the point is moot, on top of tha they still get their man, which will make them that much better than us.

Let's go through all this trouble flying all over Europe just to make Madrid spend more, not because we think we have a chance of signing the player, however small or big it maybe.

That's just dumb.

JamDav1982

Except they have the money to spend else where, which is why the point is moot, on top of tha they still get their man, which will make them that much better than us.

Let's go through all this trouble flying all over Europe just to make Madrid spend more, not because we think we have a chance of signing the player, however small or big it maybe.

That's just dumb.

Of course they will have money but making them pay more is to Barcas benefit.

Again 'on top of that they still get their man' is irrelevant to point being made as that is basis of it all anyway.

Simple.

Dont believe everything you read about 'Xavi meeting Haaland' or these other meet ups either.

Birdy

Given our current squad & what's on the market who would you rather us sign and why? Serious question no bs.

I voted in the Poll I posted some time ago, that I would strengthen other positions right now, and wait for the CF position with what we have.

Auba has proved top notch for our game so far,
Fati is always the big prospect for a Barca finisher,
and even Ferran * IF he improves and finds confidence * can work there.

No need to destroy sense in planning and style of playing just to fulfill a 'Marque signing' - 'Superstar' wet fantasy

Laplacian

Probably it's you with the weird take really, especially using this vid as evidence.

Watched all the vid, and counted:
34 goals which were either tap-ins or 1-1 with the keeper (Estimate all of them have xG of more than big chance)
4 headers
4 pens

This leaves us with only 7 (!) goals which were different, or vs an organized defense.
And frankly even out of them, only a shot outside the box vs Bayern and a bicycle volley against Shalke stand out as GOOD FINISHES.

Again, I don't know why you can't see that 34 goals out of 49 were scored:
EITHER in open-space or open-space related situations (counter, successful pressing and steal of defender) (Most of them, in line with how BvB plays and the kindergarten defenses in Germany)
OR when everyone else of BvB did exceptional work to put him almost in open net (few of them)

Open play situations will occur only 10% of the goals Barca needs to score week in, week out.
Unless we become some kind of 'cross and insalah' team that just spams crosses for his head, I don't see any fit in his style.

On the contrary, what's really worrying in this compilation, is that it shows again his limited ability in controlling the ball when running.
He can't really dribble, he can just kick the ball away and run, whenever he tries to cut it or do sth that requires technique,
well...

Dumbest post in this entire thread, holy shit. Haaland doesn't "fit" because he doesn't dribble like a winger. I now remember why I keep posting less and less on this forum. A compendium of shit takes, from your post to comparing Fati to Haaland.

Birdy

Dumbest post in this entire thread, holy shit. Haaland doesn't "fit" because he doesn't dribble like a winger. I now remember why I keep posting less and less on this forum. A compendium of shit takes, from your post to comparing Fati to Haaland.

Dude, I analyzed all the goals from your vid, showing how he scores them and WHY he will not find same situations at Barca. and that's your reply?
Seriously?

Care to respond to all the points I made showing that he doesn't fit?
Or you will keep embarrassing yourself?

jamrock

I voted in the Poll I posted some time ago, that I would strengthen other positions right now, and wait for the CF position with what we have.

Auba has proved top notch for our game so far,
Fati is always the big prospect for a Barca finisher,
and even Ferran * IF he improves and finds confidence * can work there.

No need to destroy sense in planning and style of playing just to fulfill a 'Marque signing' - 'Superstar' wet fantasy

Fair enough I'm not the biggest haaland fan either I've said multiple times I believe fati is our CF for the future, but give his recurrent injuries I can understand the clubs prospective in trying to sign one of the best young strikers in the world right now.

FinBarcelonafan

Haaland is a monster. As long as he has his physique he will always get "easy" tap-ins. He outmuscles or outruns opponents with ease.

Birdy

Fair enough I'm not the biggest haaland fan either I've said multiple times I believe fati is our CF for the future, but give his recurrent injuries I can understand the clubs prospective in trying to sign one of the best young strikers in the world right now.

I don't think it has anything to do with Fati's injuries.

It's Laporta's wet fantasy since before he became elected.
He has some really 'wishful thinking' vision of 'repeating' what he did in 2003: find his new Rijkaard, his new Ronaldinho, etc
It's not the outcome of some SD consideration given Fati's injuries

Home of Barca Fans