Erling Haaland

FinBarcelonafan

I don't think it has anything to do with Fati's injuries.

It's Laporta's wet fantasy since before he became elected.
He has some really 'wishful thinking' vision of 'repeating' what he did in 2003: find his new Rijkaard, his new Ronaldinho, etc
It's not the outcome of some SD consideration given Fati's injuries

I understand him. We need star forward. Fati could have been that one, but.. injuries. Of course we have great midfielders but Barca always had great forwards.

Joan

I don't think it has anything to do with Fati's injuries.

It's Laporta's wet fantasy since before he became elected.
He has some really 'wishful thinking' vision of 'repeating' what he did in 2003: find his new Rijkaard, his new Ronaldinho, etc
It's not the outcome of some SD consideration given Fati's injuries
While we don’t see eye to eye regarding Haaland’s transfer, it’s generally true what you’re saying. Laporta doesn’t rely on sporting department to do his squad planning and pick major targets, he instead seems to do it by himself or listens to his coach. That’s not the way these things should be done these days.

Haaland, on the other hand, seems to be among two players who will dominate football in the coming decade, win major awards, and bring significant publicity. Clubs don’t want to pass on that if possible.

Givenchy

While we don’t see eye to eye regarding Haaland’s transfer, it’s generally true what you’re saying. Laporta doesn’t rely on sporting department to do his squad planning and pick major targets, he instead seems to do it by himself or listens to his (picked by him) coach. That’s not the way these things should be done these days.

Haaland, on the other hand, seems to be among two players who will dominate football in the coming decade, win major awards, and bring significant publicity. Clubs don’t want to pass on that if possible.

This. it's an opportunity too good to pass up on despite the risks.. although I'm enjoying the TEAM of Barca currently without that superstar focal figure. We will suffer without it next season when expectations are higher.

Birdy

This. it's an opportunity too good to pass up on despite the risks.. although I'm enjoying the TEAM of Barca currently without that superstar focal figure. We will suffer without it next season when expectations are higher.

Don't agree at all.

We have witnessed the contrary, teams to struggle when they depend on their Superstar.
Messidepedencia the most recent version of the syndrome at Barca

When the team is not dependent on one, but many good players, it has many avenues to avoid suffering

JamDav1982

Barca have many good players.

Haaland would be the icing on the cake if could make it happen and he can hold his fitness.

Absolute no brainer to throw everything they can to try and get him.

As said before I think they believe he is Madrid bound but no harm at all in trying for him if at very least increases the price.

Barcilliant

Suffered a relapse of the injury.
I am beginning to get worried now. Unless he's a 100% fit and playing regularly we cannot afford to take a chance on him. We currently have alot of quality forwards. Even Ferran can plat nine if Auba is injured. Fati may be back.
I hope Laporta isn't stupid and still buys him despite the obvious red flags with his injuries.

Andresito

Staff member
Don't agree at all.

We have witnessed the contrary, teams to struggle when they depend on their Superstar.

When the team is not dependent on one, but many good players, it has many avenues to avoid suffering

Being dependent on Messi had nothing to do with him being a star. It was because of his play style and having the ability to unlock defences. If we play the same with Haaland and give him the ball as often as we can, it'll lead to nothing. Team must be cohesive already before Haaland arrives. He'll be the icing on the cake, not the foundation.

Zidane82

Being dependent on Messi had nothing to do with him being a star. It was because of his play style and having the ability to unlock defences. If we play the same with Haaland and give him the ball as often as we can, it'll lead to nothing. Team must be cohesive already before Haaland arrives. He'll be the icing on the cake, not the foundation.

I have seen him breaking from deep , cutting through defences and setting up chances galore .. he is not a goal poacher

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Xavi: "Haaland? I can't give details. We work on the present and future of the club. When things can be announced we will announce it, as today with Pablo Torre, who is an excellent signing."

he's coming

Zidane82

Xavi: "Haaland? I can't give details. We work on the present and future of the club. When things can be announced we will announce it, as today with Pablo Torre, who is an excellent signing."

he's coming

Crazy thing is .. we actually NEED him just to stop falling even further behind the rest !

vegitot

he's coming
Sound like when Laporta talked about Messi's renewal.

behindbrowneyes

He won't improve current team much after the arrival of Auba as long as Auba is scoring at the rate he is doing now. That's the scoring rate people would expect from Haaland.

Auba will turn 33 in summer though and club needs to continue moving forward. Haaland would be a strategic signing for at least the next 3 years with the possibility of more.

Kul_z

He won't improve current team much after the arrival of Auba as long as Auba is scoring at the rate he is doing now. That's the scoring rate people would expect from Haaland.

Auba will turn 33 in summer though and club needs to continue moving forward. Haaland would be a strategic signing for at least the next 3 years with the possibility of more.
As good auba seems right now he doesnt have the traits haaland have. Pace? Similar maybe haaland even faster. And thats the only attribute i can think of where auba comes close to haaland.
Splash that money, bring the monster here

Jadentheman

Don't agree at all.

Superstars help better sell the team, Haaland will be the focus and others like Pedri, Gavi and Ansu will be auxiliary for those that prefer someone different to him.

Home of Barca Fans