Erling Haaland

Sorin

Talking of Adeyemi, he only has 1 goal/assist in the last 6 games, a penalty.

He's 20yo, of course he is inconsistent, not everyone is Messi/Haland/Mbappe.

He has lots of work to do, has to work on his decision making especially. But then if he would be closer to the end product he would cost double what Salzburg are quoting.

Anyway, I'm not saying that 40m for him is reasonable or that we should absolutely pay it. We do need a striker/winger for next season in case we won't sign Haland. There are a few other options of course, like renewing Dembele, signing Traore for 30m or some other options like Raphinia, Antony whoever the scouting department has their eyes on. Adeyemi for all his inconstency can play in every position across the front line so he has that advantage over other options.

The club should have several alternatives to Haland and not bet everything on signing the Norwegian. One of them should be absolutely be Adeyemi imo.

Last edited:

behindbrowneyes

If the deciding factor on Haaland signing was a 150m release clause after 2/3 years the club would do it to get him in.

Obviously it would be an achievable but expensive price for him otherwise would be no point in Haaland asking for it.

Having 150m paid for Haaland after 2/3 years is better situation than never having him and have to look at how much more he could bring in if go longer in CL, win league and endorsements as well.

All that assumes he would leave and not fall in love with city/club and want to stay also.

Exactly. Current Barca has not the status to get him without a reasonable buyout.

Might be that his buyout will be structured the same it is in Dortmund, which is smart business tbh and can be sold as a success to the fans: If Haaland leaves via his buyout of 75M this summer, he won't have cost Dortmund a single cent every payment considered. Everything from salary, transfer fee to agent fee etc. will be covered by these 75M.

Now, who would say no to Haaland for 2 or 3 years literally "for free"?

malvolio

Seems that people forget that we are one of the most marketable brands in futbol. Are we suddenly acting like beggars and accept shit like 150M buyout clause just to please a guy that hasn't done anything major in his career, has a slimy agent and is potentially injury prone?

At most I would let him have a 300M release clause. Anything else is just making us look like bums and basically saying we are a stepping stone for top players.

I don't think anyone in the board entertains a move like that, but here we are discussing this non-subject and already accepting any compromise to please Haaland as if he is the second coming of Jesus.

He wants more money? Give it to him through bonuses or whatever. But can't pander to shite like 150M clause because he doesn't want to join us and wants to have an exit route in 2-3 years.

Last edited:

fergus90

I'm also in favour of getting a class winger if we don't land Haaland. Try for Raphinha or Gnabry who doesn't look like extending with Bayern right now.

serghei

I'm also in favour of getting a class winger if we don't land Haaland. Try for Raphinha or Gnabry who doesn't look like extending with Bayern right now.

Yeah, no doubt. Luuk is very good as a plan B type. I hope we keep him. Either of those two would improve us a lot.

Laplacian

There are no quality CFs in the market, of any age. Haaland is literally it. He's capable of scoring 40 goals a year, whether it's heathers, tap ins, bangers from outside the box or goals after great runs during a counter. But people would rather not have him because 1. he doesn't do step overs and elasticos and thus doesn't "fit" Barcelona or because he's not a diehard Barcelona fan that's not willing to play here for the next 10 years of his life. Barcelona fans really are something, aren't they?

malvolio

he's not a diehard Barcelona fan that's not willing to play here for the next 10 years of his life. Barcelona fans really are something, aren't they?

discussion wasn't about him being diehard barcelona fan. not even about him staying for 10 years. anyone can understand that. even more so when having raiola as agent.

but some wanted to lay the red carpet for him even on some absurd therms like 2-3 yea contract or 150M release clause.

you're just blowing things out of proportion as if barcelona fans have unreasonable demands. when in fact any big club would spit in your face before accepting shite like 3 years contract.

Devils

If we can't get him, I would opt for CHRISTOPHER NKUNKU who looks to becoming an elite forward.

Unbelievable dribbling and link-up play as well.

jamrock

It's gonna be sweet when fati gets over his injuries & starts to show up haaland.

No one expects if he comes here he will stay more than 4 years if that.

I'll just take him has a stop gap to help us be competitive in Europe again, in 3 years we will have another hot prospect coming up somewhere in the world.

Maybe that Brazilian kid

Zidane82

It's gonna be sweet when fati gets over his injuries & starts to show up haaland.

I'll just take him has a stop gap to help us be competitive in Europe again, in 3 years we will have another hot prospect coming up somewhere in the world.

Maybe that Brazilian kid

I bet you now that Fati does not manage to play ten games before New Years Eve

Laplacian

Maybe that Brazilian kid

The guy can't even start 3 games in a row for over 2 years now and yet you're so convinced. 😂

He'll follow Sergi Samper and will retire in Japan in his mid 20s.

Home of Barca Fans