Erling Haaland

serghei

I don't think it's worth the hassle. Basically some soap opera drama once every 2 years? Basically some Neymar saga all over again, except with Raiola as Neymar Sr.

KingLeo10

No. Apparently whole deal will be 250m with salary and commissions. Even if you get 100m back, spend 150 for two years? For what? We're not winning the CL in the next 2 years with or without Haaland.

There isn't a linear progression to CL/ a team "arriving". No one predicted Chelsea winning last season's CL with Tuchel coming in half way through. Even now they have mostly good players but not a roster of amazing players.

One of the foremost ingredient to winning a CL from 2022 onwards is playing high intensity football and that seems to be coming back and improving with Xavi. And then we need 3-4 world class players, supplemented by mostly good players.

Bayern is on the decline IMO. Liverpool, remains to be seen. City might get fatigued under Pep after 6 years. We wouldn't be favorites but 2 top signings and some good free agent business and we are right in the mix as that next tier of dark horses.

malvolio

I wrote many times that I think he's not interested in staying a long time here. I'd say 5 years is normal and he would then fuck off.

2-3 years contract is just taking the piss and basically saying he doesn't give a shit about Bar?a and he wants money/fame

serghei

Guy is a bit confused, he thinks we are some Spanish Dortmund :lol:. Someone email him a list of our former legends.

Andresito

Staff member
I don't think he's staying all career no matter where he goes. He'll play in both England and Spain during his prime is my guess.

JamDav1982

I don't think it's worth the hassle. Basically some soap opera drama once every 2 years? Basically some Neymar saga all over again, except with Raiola as Neymar Sr.

Well in that scenario they would most likely have option in two years time to think it is not worth it and let him leave.

Financially it wouldnt be bad for Barca to do it if got 100m back for him.

KingLeo10

When will these players and their agents realize that mega money follows success. There's no need to engineer/force it. If you bring in those CLs, LL,s and Ballon D'Or, you will be paid huge and make tons of money on sponsorships.

And if you make a lot of money without success, you're basically a meme. Neymar's PSG should have been a lesson in this.

serghei

Well in that scenario they would most likely have option in two years time to think it is not worth it and let him leave.

Financially it wouldnt be bad for Barca to do it if got 100m back for him.

But the idea would be what, win the CL in the next 2 seasons? What if Haaland goes to Madrid after 2 years? It's just bad for our image to implement a player that is not really on board.

When will these players and their agents realize that mega money follows success. There's no need to engineer it. If you bring in those CLs, LL,s and Ballon D'Or, you will be paid huge and make tons of money on sponsorships.

And if you make a lot of money without success, you're basically a meme. Neymar's PSG should have been a lesson in this.

This approach is better for the player. He can be a flop and still earn Ballon d'Or money.

KingLeo10

But the idea would be what, win the CL in the next 2 seasons? What if Haaland goes to Madrid after 2 years? It's just bad for our image to implement a player that is not really on board.

This approach is better for the player. He can be a flop and still earn Ballon d'Or money.

Which is fine, but surely they have some pride and don't want to be thought of as a meme? Like Neymar has been since his PSG move...he was football royalty at Barca, performing well and 3rd biggest star in the world and always in the limelight

JamDav1982

Why would Barca have to win the CL in that two years?

What if that stops Haaland from going to Real now in that scenario? Works both ways.

The image of club would be better with Haaland than without him even on that type contract.

Its not happening but if thats what it took Barca would most likely do it.

malvolio

Where are all those talents from South America? Seems that nothing exciting came from there for a long time.

ajnotkeith

It's either that or we spend 30m on Traore. I feel like spending 40m on Adeyemi is the smarter investment. Dembele is about to leave and we'd have to sign someone so money will have to be spent on someone who can cover that position.

Talking of Adeyemi, he only has 1 goal/assist in the last 6 games, a penalty.

fergus90

Adeyemi would flop badly at Barca at the moment. He's got a lot of developing to do and won't be afforded the patience or game time to allow that.

Home of Barca Fans