Erling Haaland

jamrock

Xavi "It's not official about City, right? When it is, you ask me again. For us? Very difficult because of the economic situation, I'm not going to lie to you."

Xavi " wouldn't say that much, I'm not going to disrespect other projects. Not only is our project the good one. City has a baggage of titles and is competing. If what you say happens it will be because of the financial issue. In Munich I have I've been several times (laughs)."

Not a perfect translation but nothing along the lines of haaland wanted to sign for us but we didn't have the money.

More it's difficult for us to compete for those players given our current economic situation.

Which is true & a correct statement.

Sooooo yeaaaah.....

jamrock

What exactly did Xavi say today? Did he say that Haaland wanted to come but we can't afford him?

The so-called "everybody wants to sign for Barca" talk, I see, you took it too literally. It is just the club big wigs giving ourselves a pep talk and a shot in the arm, that's it, of course it doesn't mean they literally believe, or are telling the fans that everybody wants to sign with us and we can can sign anybody.

If anything, their penchant for the last year or so has been "economic situation" which is putting a damper on all expectations.

Xavi "It's not official about City, right? When it is, you ask me again. For us? Very difficult because of the economic situation, I'm not going to lie to you."

Xavi " wouldn't say that much, I'm not going to disrespect other projects. Not only is our project the good one. City has a baggage of titles and is competing. If what you say happens it will be because of the financial issue. In Munich I have I've been several times (laughs)."

Not a perfect translation but nothing along the lines of haaland wanted to sign for us but we didn't have the money.

More it's difficult for us to compete for those players given our current economic situation.

Which is true & a correct statement.

Sooooo yeaaaah...., jamdav doing what he does best.

JamDav1982

What does he mean by 'if you say what happens it is the financial issue' in your opinion?

They are saying he isnt at Barca due to finances when Haaland had no intention of signing for Barca.

If he wanted Barca they would have paid whatever City will. Whether it took CVC or selling players.

Last edited:

jamrock

What does he mean by 'if you say what happens it is the financial issue' in your opinion?

They are saying he isnt at Barca due to finances when Haaland had no intention of signing for Barca.

Nope he's saying we can't compete to sign such a player because we can't afford it, which is a true & correct statement.

No one is crazy enough at the club to believe that all we need to do his put in a bid for a player and he will always choose Barcelona because we are so special.

that's a narrative you constantly try to push, as if you think the people in charge are that delusional & you are so much smarter than them.

We have no money to compete for haaland/Mappbbe, is different from saying if we had money, we would sign haaland and Mbappe.

JamDav1982

Nope he's saying we can't compete to sign such a player because we can't afford it, which is a true & correct statement.

No one is crazy enough at the club to believe that all we need to do his put in a bid for a player and he will always choose Barcelona because we are so special.

that's a narrative you constantly try to push, as if you think the people in charge are that delusional & you are so much smarter than them.

We have no money to compete for haaland/Mappbbe, is different from saying if we had money, we would sign haaland and Mbappe.

Yes exactly my point... if Haaland goes to City it is 'finances'..as if he cant just prefer City over Barca.

It is nonsense and predicted.

If Haaland wanted Barca they would have made the deal and found a way.

You make them out as delusional to sign 'Torres for 65m'. You only one allowed to do that though eh.

Joan

Xavi should've come out and said 'Haaland didn't want to come anywhere near Barca.' Wonder why he didn't.

jamrock

Yes exactly my point... if Haaland goes to City it is 'finances'..as if he cant just prefer City over Barca.

It is nonsense and predicted.

If Haaland wanted Barca they would have made the deal and found a way.

You make them out as delusional to sign 'Torres for 65m'. You only one allowed to do that though eh.

Seriously I don't say this often, but what the fuck are you even saying?.

Ofc he preferred city, that's why he went there over 10 other clubs that completed for him.

What xavi is clear as day saying is, we couldn't even be in those 10 clubs to begin with because we can't afford it.

Not if we had the money, he would 100% be at Barca, that's just a narrative you keep trying to push.

Somethings seriously wrong with you bruv.

JamDav1982

Ofc he preferred city, that's why he went there over 10 other clubs that completed for him.

What xavi is clear as day saying is, we couldn't even be in those 10 clubs to begin with because we can't afford it.

Not if we had the money, he would 100% be at Barca, that's just a narrative you keep trying to push.

Xavi is full of it and Barca tried for Haaland and when spurned it becomes about money and as if decision made on finances.

You contradict yourself all the time bruv.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

I think he wants Xavi or somebody at the club to openly and explicitly say "Haaland is not coming to Barca precisely because he doesn't want to join Barca", which, even if it was true, nobody in this world with a normal level of self-respect, would not say it.

Also, the very possibility or fact that Haaland doesn't want to join Barca itself could have many different reasons behind it. It is not as simple as he simply doesn't want to be here. Money, trophies, project all could be factors.

JamDav1982

I think he wants Xavi or somebody at the club to openly and explicit say "Haaland is not coming to Barca precisely because he doesn't want to join Barca", which, even if it was true, nobody in this world with a normal of self-respect, would not say it.

Also, the very possibility or fact that Haaland doesn't want to join Barca itself could have many different reasons. It is not as simple as he simply doesn't want to be here. Money, trophies, project all could be factors.

That post really makes no sense and no not looking for anyone at club to say Haalaand doesnt want to be there when it is perfectly obvious.

Home of Barca Fans