Erling Haaland

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Norwegian press been pretty insistent that most of these figures are greatly exaggerated. Looking forward to see what the details are when the deal is announced.

Only the transfer fees are publicly reported and documented, not those bonuses and fees, right?

serghei

Even if let's say he wasn't as crazily expensive as some ar projecting, it's still way out of our range for the time being. Between City being financially elite, having probably best manager around, and the possibility of winning ballon d'Or if City wins CL since De Bruyne's star is fading...

Everything makes sense for Haaland, from the financial package, to being managed by a legend, to having solid chances at individual accolades since City isn't really a very star-oriented team.

He'd be the face of their attack. And if they get CL it will be promoted as Haaland giving them the edge that they've been lacking for so many years under Guardiola. The story is a good sell for a Ballon d'Or.

Last edited:

Joan

Even if let's say he wasn't as crazily expensive as some ar projecting, it's still way out of our range for the time being.

City is a club offering more sporting wise. Immediate success too. He would be more expensive for Barca even if willing to come.

Bonuses must be huge though.

JamDav1982

Even if let's say he wasn't as crazily expensive as some ar projecting, it's still way out of our range for the time being.

Dont agree.

Think club could have got it done and were trying to sign him. They stopped pushing that idea when realised he didnt want the move.

The CVC and Barca Studios deals would make it possible.

serghei

City is a club offering more sporting wise. Immediate success too. He would be more expensive for Barca even if willing to come.

Yes, it's a mix of all. City perform in all areas but prestige.

serghei

Dont agree.

Think club could have got it done and were trying to sign him. They stopped pushing that idea when realised he didnt want the move.

The CVC and Barca Studios deals would make it possible.

CVC and Barca Studios aren't done deals pen to paper. It's a projection. I agree City offers more outside of money too, but money is also part of the issue. It's not as irrelevant to the discussion.

I'd say Guardiola is the main pull, then the financial package and the chance to write a great story for himself by doing what Neymar failed to achieve at PSG. City is a great vessel atm. They are so close to being no1 undisputed in the world and lack just one or two pieces.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

CVC and Barca Studios aren't done deals pen to paper. It's a projection.

Obviously but they are being put forward as very real options and would have made deal viable and it is not unrealistic to have them done already or soon had the transfer depended on it.

Had Haaaland given green light they would have been getting it done quick sharp.

Why did anyone ever discuss how much they would pay Haaland etc if it was this impossible? Narratives have fairly changed.

I agree Pep, better league, better team currently, better financial situation. He made the correct choice really.

Last edited:

Iniesta Ultra

Haaland isn't an ideal complement for Fati and Fati can be better than Haaland. Even with all these injuries Fati already has a slightly better goal to minutes played ratio this season, stunning!

messi2140

6racies Xavi

I mean both City and Barca offer a chance at winning the league and getting slapped out of the CL. Fairly even I would say. :coffee:

Morten

As a norwegian, i hope he performs well, but at the same time i'm kinda indifferent to this whole thing, cause of the club he will play for.

Home of Barca Fans