Erling Haaland

Horatio

You're welcome
@BBZ

I guess in picking recommendations I simply boiled it down to material that does not rely on toilet humor and profanity and excessive sex jokes. Which might have been a bit shallow on my part. Prolly plenty of 40 year olds that are still into that?

jamrock

Pep hated a true no9 for his whole coaching career.
Only lately, after not winning Cls for who knows how many years in a row, he gave up and moved away from his ideas with Haaland.

As Porque said, in 2010, probably even Van Basten, Cr7 and Lewa would have been benched by Pep.
I mean, even a few Months ago, Pep's main pick was playing with 6 attacking midfielders as 6 false nines before he bought Haaland.

Zlatan and Barca 2010:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aleNadb0bhc

Played some excellent stuff in the first half of the season, but as the season went on, it was either Messi as false 9 or zlantan as a regular 9 and we all know how that went are rightfully so.

You couldnt waste Messi on the wings then and zlatan can't play there.

It you placed someone like lewa or Haaland in that team they would struggle as well, needed someone in the villa profile who could play as a inside forward & press in the defensive end to make pep's system work.

BBZ8800

Bill Burr?

Never heard of him.
Opened one video of him on Youtube now, didn't feel any chemistry.

But, in his defense, I hate stand up comedians and stand up humor because it is mostly forced, fake and "trying to be funny in a scripted way".
It never felt natural to me and I never laughed at it.

I'll draw a comparison, I like spontaneous/in the heat of the moment humor in a random situation.
Something which Horatio often does with one liners here on forum (he is one of the best at it).
Someone says something, someone makes a funny remark, and someone else hit back on you 30 seconds later.

Anyway, I wanted to tell to Temptation that humor is subjective.

** Horatio and Laplacian, my choice of humor for older guys would be British sitcoms and something like Monty Python in the past.

MTL_Barca

Zlatan is something of a CL-flop, but, all these modern goalscoring records aren't as great as they seem, its not that the modern greats score at a far higher rate, they just play way more games than they did in the past.

Yeah historic stats don't really work, but we can compare modern era players. Still not easy to be that good over such a long time today, playing 100+ CL games alone is already an achievement on it's own because it basically means starting for big clubs for 10 years. Suarez for example was an absolute beast of a player in his prime but didn't even manage to break 30 CL goals.

We'll see where other current strikers end, Haaland and Mbappe will probably finish very high up the list but that will also mean they can perform on a similar level until they are 30+. Don't see anyone else right now though.

Lewandowski has a quota of 0,81 goals/game, that's better than Ronaldo and Messi. They both played more games when they were younger but keeping up with them is still pretty wild.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
I'll draw a comparison, I like spontaneous/in the heat of the moment humor in a random situation.
Something which Horatio often does with one liners here on forum (he is one of the best at it).
Someone says something, someone makes a funny remark, and someone else hit back on you 30 seconds later.

Lol, not recognize myself in what you said. A lot here on this forum that are hilarious imo.

Won't mention them by name as to might kill the dynamic or might stroke their ego but:
-I am not that great with comebacks. Or I simply do not bother most of the times. I am very lazy individual. There are many here really good at it though
-Then you have the people that have a real dry sense of humour. We have few of those as well
-Then you have the maniacal ones that go on a rant like Temptation or Iniestagoat once they reach a meltdown or get too emotional.
-Then you have the unintentional hilarious ones. Serghei and you to an extent. Even Fati at times.
-Then you have the creative ones like messigician and porque

I always loved how you positioned yourself as someone really analytical with extensive analyses, but once you give it a second-read it does not really make sense.
You even now admitted you willingly manipulated the numbers lol. Anyway you made me laugh a lot of times thanks for that. But I do acknowledge you have a good understanding of a lot of aspects of game and you have a long history watching it.

KL vs troll allegiance are also fun readings.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Will give a shout out to Porque when it comes to humor. Almost always refreshing posts.

Joan also has nice subtle trolling.

Rassvet

You should consider watching succession [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION]

Quality show with a lot of great humor although it's not a typical comedy

Joan

Depends on what you watched when you were young.

I grew up watching Only fools and horses, Fawlty Towers, Monty Python, and other British shows. Nobody beats Del for me. Even today.

I also like Seinfeld. Especially George Constanza. Even though I can't help thinking of certain Riqui Puig when I watch it these days.

BBZ8800

I always loved how you positioned yourself as someone really analytical with extensive analyses, but once you give it a second-read it does not really make sense.
You even now admitted you willingly manipulated the numbers lol. Anyway you made me laugh a lot of times thanks for that. But I do acknowledge you have a good understanding of a lot of aspects of game and you have a long history watching it.

My posts with numbers were usually 70-80% accurate.
But 20-30% were exaggeration or going to extremes which often ruined things.

For example:
When everyone hyped Arthur, I used to write that he can't make a forward pass, how he is bad at defending, has poor stamina.
That was all true.
But then I would add how he'll play at Genoa in 5 years which was going to extremes.
Ok, I knew that he was not good enough for top European teams but he is also not THAT bad.

So, forum overrated him.
And then I did the same with underrating him to make balance.
But those over the top parts often ruined the whole post.

Or the example from today:
1. Messi is the 2nd best all time CL scorer
2. He scored lots of goals in a group stage
3. He scored lots of knockout goals, but mostly on Camp Nou
4. He scored a few goals on away matches in 1/8 round like vs Arsenal, Psg, Chelsea
5. He hasn't scored for 9 years on any away match in quarters, semis and finals

Now you see, all these 5 facts are true.
But in my post, I have mentioned only a point no5.
That point is true, but it is cherry picked since I removed round of 16 goals to suit my agenda.
And I didn't mention a single good thing about Messi in that post.

But then again, Mundo Deportivo, Sport, hype twitter accounts etc are doing the same with positive/hype posts.

But lately, I don't do that anymore because it's just dishonest and it feels like something which politicians or propaganda would do.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Started watching Seinfeld a few weeks ago. Fun show. George is the best character. Hilarious.

Not the biggest fan of the stand-up comedy part for some reason. I like the show itself.

Home of Barca Fans