Erling Haaland

Temptation

Of course he was. At the end he even said both sucks. Lewy played 8 years and ONLY ONCE win CL is positive? Be real. I just used Messi coz it is Barcelona forum nothing more. My argument is Messi and Lewy played for top teams for a reason. Zlatan didn't for a reason as well but ok you can think whatever you want.

Yup.

He failed to fit in at Prime Barca which is a dream team for any attacker really. He stuck out like a sore thumb in certain games and Pep thought even Bojan would be a better fit.

Hence he had to level down and go to a lower level(2011 Milan in a declining Serie A followed by Paris).

That's how Football works.

If you perform well enough you get your chance at the highest level. If you don't do well there you'll have to deal with a downgrade. Zlatan got his chance.

Porque

Yup.

He failed to fit in at Prime Barca which is a dream team for any attacker really. He stuck out like a sore thumb in certain games and Pep thought even Bojan would be a better fit.

Hence he had to level down and go to a lower level(2011 Milan in a declining Serie A followed by Paris).

That's how Football works.

If you perform well enough you get your chance at the highest level. If you don't do well there you'll have to deal with a downgrade. Zlatan got his chance.

That Barcelona team would make alot of very good individual attackers look average. Another one who came later was Alexis who was a top level player in his prime, but looked just good in the Barca of those years.

Zlatan was excellent in the first half of the season. And it has to be said, there was an issue playing for Zlatan strength as a striker and also playing for Messi strength.

Obviously in the end the right decision was made, but in that time frame you may drop a prime Lewandowski or even Cristiano and they too may struggle to co-exist with the version of Messi that was developing. The one that (rightly) everything was built for and ended up consuming the striker role until the arrival of Suarez 3/4 years later.

BBZ8800

Yup.

Pep hated a true no9 for his whole coaching career.
Only lately, after not winning Cls for who knows how many years in a row, he gave up and moved away from his ideas with Haaland.

As Porque said, in 2010, probably even Van Basten, Cr7 and Lewa would have been benched by Pep.
I mean, even a few Months ago, Pep's main pick was playing with 6 attacking midfielders as 6 false nines before he bought Haaland.

Zlatan and Barca 2010:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aleNadb0bhc

BBZ8800

Don't find Zlatan funny at all. Rather cringe.

The Zlatan jokes were funny about 12 years back. Now they're stale and repetitive.

The beauty of humans lies in evolution with age. Zlatan is still sticking to his decade old schtick.

At 40, it's just embarrassing. Gotta evolve with the times. That battle with Lukaku was such a massive self inflicted L. Came off as an utter idiot. Imagine letting Lukaku of all people do that to you on a Football pitch.

The people who find him amusing are the ones giggling at the same joke a 100 times. Pass.

Offtopic, but:
Give me a few example of humor for 40 year olds.

Examples, please, not saying: something like this or that.
Some movies, sitcoms, stand up comedians etc.

Temptation

Pep hated a true no9 for his whole coaching career.
Only lately, after not winning Cls for who knows how many years in a row, he gave up and moved away from his ideas with Haaland.

As Porque said, in 2010, probably even Van Basten, Cr7 and Lewa would have been benched by Pep.
I mean, even a few Months ago, Pep's main pick was playing with 6 attacking midfielders as 6 false nines before he bought Haaland.

Zlatan and Barca 2010:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aleNadb0bhc

Myth.

Pep easily accommodated and succeeded in working with Villa, Lewandowski, Aguero and now Haaland.

Zlatan wasn't flexible or complete enough to fit in and enhance the team's game.

Temptation

Offtopic, but:
Give me a few example of humor for 40 year olds.

Examples, please, not saying: something like this or that.
Some movies, sitcoms, stand up comedians etc.

Well the example certainly isn't saying "I'm a Lion" at 40. That's for sure! :lol::lol:

BBZ8800

Statistics are easy to manipulate against those not familiar with/trained in them.

For instance, BBZ exclusively packages descriptive statistics (raw numbers, tabulations, cross-tabulations) in inferential form (i.e., draws conclusions or associations or "causal" relationships from them).

But doing so in rigorous practice requires sampling/sampling distributions and computation of sampling error (i.e., uncertainty in how a particular sample matches to the population for which we're drawing inferences).

But since only people with engineering/biomedical/medical/social science background would know this stuff, BBZ has been running train on these forums.

Used to call him out on this since day 1 :lol: :lol:

The whole world is manipulation, some sort of stats twisting, propaganda etc.
Wars, western/eastern political propaganda, religion, money/banks/crypto.

You can make Usa/Russia/China as the best or the worst political/moral wise, based only on how you twist stats for your papers/people.
The whole world, politics and money are a lie/propaganda/twisting of facts or stats, so of course that people will use similar things on Messi, Lewa, Cr7, Arthur, Barca/Real.

The whole world is one huge stat-twisting playground.

KingLeo10

The current crop of trolls is pretty lackluster. Going from BBZ (in football topics) to the lot of Rassvet and Fati and co. is like going from prime Messi to Martin Braithwaite.

BBZ8800

Curb your enthusiasm? Seinfeld? George Carlin?

I get your point.
Seinfeld and similar shows are way more mature in some sort of intellectual humor.

But, Seinfeld's vibe is really: I am an asshole, I am better than anyone, I am smarter than anyone, let's mock out of everyone, let's mock people who are dumber than us (which is everyone).
That show, even though funny, is really bitter and negative at the end of the day.

And since I am 40, and you know that I am bitter and negative ;)
And then that show is really NOT making me happy.
Just 2 dudes hating on everyone.

This is why I wanted some examples from Temptation, I knew that he'll give some vague answer like: certainly not this.

Humor is subjective.
For me, I can't find too many movies/shows which make me laugh anymore.
Jokes are either childish, full of farts/dicks/overly sexual jokes.
Or a granny humor for 70 years.
Or some specific intellectual sorts of humor which are quite niche and you either love it or hate it.

So, I have way more fun with classical, not too intellectual humor like Friends or Big Bang before I go to sleep.
You know, I am tired and I want something simple/fun/optimistic before sleep.
And if I watch Seinfeld, I just feel bad/negative due to their bitterness.
On the other hand, Friends/Big Bang: everyone are nice, no one is an asshole (except Sheldon), they are all friends, there are some love stories, and the shows are in general nice/optimistic/feel good. (The same as how people on Barcaforum need hope with young players).
Seinfeld is like me, going around and telling everyone: xx sucks. yy also sucks. That kid is not gonna make it. They will all fail. We will sink like Titanic, there is no hope :lol:

So, I personally still always laugh to Zlatan's jokes. It is subjective taste.
And we are really going offtopic, but for example, this song is really funny.
You know that I love gays, Lgbt and everything, but still, I like good trolling and this is GOAT level of trolling:

Home of Barca Fans