Erling Haaland

Messigician

I hope he goes to Madrid.
Then Real with Mbappe and Halland will be a team with a big imbalance. I really hope so.

But there is a feeling that he will move to Barcelona. It's a pity.

You literally said you don't want him at Barca and you feat it lmfao stfu

M3ls

Are you saying Mbappe and Haaland would not work off ball?

Regardless your point is about 'stars' as if none of them work off ball. When in fact many do and best teams of last 10/15 years have had both.

No, I said that if Halland, Mbappe and Vinnie will play in the same team, then Real will have the following problems:

JamDav1982

Again that is not as conclusive as you think.

Real won with stars who ran, Barca did on all three CLs in last 15 years bar Messi who did run more than now.

That PSG front three do not even have a CF in amongst them and have 34 year old Messi who runs less than anyone and will not play in a set position.

Weak comparison.

M3ls

Real won with stars who ran, Barca did on all three CLs in last 15 years bar Messi who did run more than now.

That PSG front three do not even have a CF in amongst them and have 34 year old Messi who runs less than anyone and will not play in a set position.

Weak comparison.

First, football has changed a lot.
For example, the classic 10 used to be very much in demand in football, but today they are extinct. Look at James, Ozil, Coutinho and others. How do they feel in modern football?
Badly. Do you wonder why?
The answer is football has changed.

Secondly, Real Madrid, who won the Champions League three times in a row, had only one player who did not work well without the ball - Ronaldo.

One!

Do you understand the difference between one and three?

JamDav1982

None of that is relevant and none of those Barca or Real teams won with those set ups either.

Ronaldo did work off ball a fair bit but regardless you are making out Haaland at Real is comparible to PSG currently when it is nothing of the sort.

That PSG team has older players, players who run less and no CF.

ajnotkeith

Weak comparison.

Absolutely. Haaland, Vinicius and Mbappe are physical monsters. Messi and Neymar are aging and much worse physically than they were before.

Teams can be unbalanced by too many stars but it's becoming a platitude recently, it doesn't apply to every situation and there have been many teams that have made several stars work together.

M3ls

Also, don't forget about judging and the effect of luck. 4 Champions League wins in 5 years. Was Real Madrid the best team in the world when it won these cups? In 3 cases out of 4, no.

M3ls

Absolutely. Haaland, Vinicius and Mbappe are physical monsters. Messi and Neymar are aging and much worse physically than they were before.

Teams can be unbalanced by too many stars but it's becoming a platitude recently, it doesn't apply to every situation and there have been many teams that have made several stars work together.

If Mbappe is physically a monster why does he do little pressing action and does not work well without the ball?

Ronaldo is also a physically monster. But even at 26, was he the worst off-ball player in Real Madrid? He was so bad without the ball that Mourinho in the dressing room after the first half in the match against Barcelona told him - We rarely "see" the ball because you do not help us in defense and in pressing.

Do you think that Ronaldo was not a physical monster at the age of 26? So what's the problem?

Please do not talk about things without the necessary knowledge.

ajnotkeith

If Mbappe is physically a monster why does he do little pressing action and does not work well without the ball?

Ronaldo is also a physically monster. But even at 26, was he the worst off-ball player in Real Madrid? He was so bad without the ball that Mourinho in the dressing room after the first half in the match against Barcelona told him - We rarely "see" the ball because you do not help us in defense and in pressing.

Do you think that Ronaldo was not a physical monster at the age of 26? So what's the problem?

Please do not talk about things without the necessary knowledge.

The point is they are more than physically capable to press and do more work off-the-ball, Haaland especially (I have no idea where you got the idea Haaland is 'only good with the ball').

M3ls

The point is they are more than physically capable to press and do more work off-the-ball, Haaland especially (I have no idea where you got the idea Haaland is 'only good with the ball').

He averages 12 pressures* in 90 minutes.

*Number of times applying pressure to opposing player who is receiving, carrying or releasing the ball.

These are not bad statistics. But imagine that you have two more players who do even fewer of these actions.

Last edited:

M3ls

I don’t dispute that Vinnie has good pressure action figures right now.

But you guys shouldn't forget about psychology.

How does it work? You look at Halland and Mbappe who average no more than 12 pressing actions per match while you average 21-22 and you think - what the hell? Why should I run and work more without the ball than these two? I AM A STAR ALSO!

Messigician

I don?t dispute that Vinnie has good pressure action figures right now.

But you guys shouldn't forget about psychology.

How does it work? You look at Halland and Mbappe who average no more than 12 pressing actions per match while you average 21-22 and you think - what the hell? Why should I run and work more without the ball than these two? I AM A STAR ALSO!

Vini is humble and hardworker

Stop trying to dirty his name

Home of Barca Fans