Ernesto Valverde - V1

Raketa10

Plenty on here had it as doom and gloom with Real having much better squad.

Valverde deserves credit for Barca being 5 points clear having been to most of toughest grounds in league. Absolutely he does.

And what if we lose on sunday? Will you talk the same?

JamDav1982

It is his job too. What else did we expect from him? It is one of the best squads out there. He is not managing midtable team, I believe.

Go back and see what general idea of squad was at start of season.

Winning being expected and no credit due to other teams dropping points is clueless.

serghei

Plenty on here had it as doom and gloom with Real having much better squad.

Valverde deserves credit for Barca being 5 points clear having been to most of toughest grounds in league. Absolutely he does.

Yes he does. He also deserves blame for the fact that in the last 2 months the team hasn't been doing well, and mostly because of his poor decisions regarding man selection and squad management.

JamDav1982

Yes he does. He also deserves blame for the fact that in the last 2 months the team is not doing well, and mostly because of his poor decisions regarding man selection and squad management.

He can get blame for defeats and he also deserves the credit for overall Barca being top of league by 5 points with a squad seen as being in dissaray by a lot of people when season started.

You just 'expect' to win and moan when dont. Doesnt work like that.

Only thing we're going to win this season with EV at the helm is Copa del rey. Hope Atletico batters us on Sunday so that Valverde gets the boot. Otherwise get ready for another Tata season.

FC433

Go back and see what general idea of squad was at start of season.

Winning being expected and no credit due to other teams dropping points is clueless.

I completely agree with you. At the start we expected nothing, but we passed that and we did appreciate what he did. But that does not mean we should settle and accept poor performance.

Luis E won treble but that was not enough. If Valverde wins all the possible trophies this season, that does not mean we should never criticize him. It is expected to do well at Barcelona.

MagIX

It is his job too. What else did we expect from him? It is one of the best squads out there. He is not managing midtable team, I believe.

This best squad out there (+ Neymar) did not win la Liga and has been trashed and ridiculed by PSG and Juve....
Without Neymar and with no reinforcements EV is doing a very good job.

JamDav1982

I completely agree with you. At the start we expected nothing, but we passed that and we did appreciate what he did. But that does not mean we should settle and accept poor performance.

Luis E won treble but that was not enough. If Valverde wins all the possible trophies this season, that does not mean we should never criticize him. It is expected to do well at Barcelona.

It is not about accepting poor performances or never criticizing his decisions.

Home of Barca Fans