Ernesto Valverde - V1

JamDav1982

How many here want us to draw Bayern and think we're in the final if we do?

Haha you changing subject again after cant answer last question....

Bayern are a good side as would be all sides left in CL. No easy games and all tight.

Again what have City and Bayern done in the CL that you rate them so highly but claim Barca not been tested?

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Haha you changing subject again after cant answer last question....

Bayern are a good side as would be all sides left in CL. No easy games and all tight.

Again what have City and Bayern done in the CL that you rate them so highly but claim Barca not been tested?

Winning the bayernliga is no joke, CL aside. Also did you forget the mighty Besiktas that sold their best striker?

serghei

Winning the bayernliga is no joke, CL aside. Also did you forget the mighty Besiktas that sold their best striker?

Again, if Bayern is so weak, would you want them in the semifinal and be confident we'll kick them out? I wouldn't.

JamDav1982

Again, if Bayern is so weak, would you want them in the semifinal and be confident we'll kick them out? I wouldn't.

No one is really claiming they are weak but mocking your ridiculous 'rules' you set to hold those teams above Barca going forward. Based on the CL so far.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona

I would. Bayern are a shell of their former selves when they had the whole German golden gen at their disposal. It would be a good match but I am confident of us pulling through

serghei

No one is really claiming they are weak but mocking your ridiculous 'rules' you set to hold those teams above Barca going forward. Based on the CL so far.

I said Bayern are better than us attacking wise because they don't depend on one player as much as we do. There is a big possibility that Messi will be contained in the semifinal by a big team (which we can't avoid). And if he doesn't somehow access GOAT Messi, we'll be in quite a predicament. We'll have to show we have the resources to defend against a better attacking team, and also to attack without playing through Messi all the time. I don't think we are that strong at defending, as made out, or as good attacking as the numbers show (now that's a misleading stat), because the numbers have Messi at their core, either scoring for fun or assisting and playing amazing. If Messi is blocked, we're in a very bad spot. Other big teams don't put this much of their attacking power on one player.

Messi has been succesfully blocked in CL in 3 of the last 4 seasons. So chances are we'll find out soon just how good we are at defending and at attacking without Messi bailing us out. I haven't experienced that in CL and La Liga, again, except on Stanford Bridge, when we looked poor with Messi absent for a big portion of the game.

Last edited:

RMU ReBorn

:lol: Maybe when Valverde wins the title in several top countries like Italy and England, on top of 2 CLs, it can be an insult to compare Valverde with Mourinho. Until Valverde takes this style to a couple of CL wins, he's Mourinho-like only in his approach, not in his success with that approach.

Insult to compare him with Mourinho, wtf am I reading? :lol:
You were talking about playing style and i replied on behalf of that and you brought in trophys to compare both . High?

Ev's style is attacking football and Mourinho even parked the bus against Barca with all the resources in Madrid

Madrid, Bayern, City.

Shitty ? :lol: So shitload possession against less technically skilled Pl side is attacking football ? . Knew that knew that it was comming :lol:

I think you're mixing up style vs results. Style-wise Mourinho stuff is negative, but results-wise, Mourinho is great. Overall, he's a great manager. Valverde isn't even comparable as of yet.

EV is not playing some of the most attacking football in Europe. Most of the time it's boring stuff with world class players, some of them (Messi) playing great individual games. Barcelona always scores goals and always plays attacking to some degree, it's impossible to not do that with the players we have. But Valverde's Barca is probably the least exciting to watch since 2008.
Least exciting was when Pep used to bore people to death with useles ball hogging in midfield with no result .Not this football which we saw even before Pep's arrival . Most entertaining football we played was under Lucho in 2014-15

JamDav1982

Shitty ? :lol: So shitload possession against less technically skilled Pl side is attacking football ? . Knew that knew that it was comming :lol:

But you have to discount Messi and then compare the teams....

I said Bayern are better than us attacking wise because they don't depend on one player as much as we do. There is a big possibility that Messi will be contained in the semifinal by a big team (which we can't avoid). And if he doesn't somehow access GOAT Messi, we'll be in quite a predicament. We'll have to show we have the resources to defend against a better attacking team, and also to attack without playing through Messi all the time. I don't think we are that strong at defending, as made out, or as good attacking as the numbers show, because the numbers have Messi at their core, either scoring for fun or assisting and playing amazing. If Messi is blocked, we're in a very bad spot. Other big teams don't put this much of their attacking power on one player.

Messi is part of the attack so it is irrelevant.

How has Barca being dependent on one player manifested itself into a poorer attack than City, Bayern or Real?

You just keep changing the goal posts to try and argue against Barca.

What have Bayern done domestically or in europe to prove they have a better attack?

serghei

You were talking about playing style and i replied on behalf of that and you brought in trophys to compare both . High?

Was mostly in reply to the word insulting to compare Valverde with Mourinho. Not at all, in any area.

City's problem is defending, not attacking. Their defenders are all overrated.

Least exciting was when Pep used to bore people to death with useles ball hogging in midfield with no result .Not this football which we saw even before Pep's arrival . Most entertaining football we played was under Lucho in 2014-15

Nothing under Pep was ever boring. It didn't always worked out because of bad luck mostly, but boring? Never. This is 3 times more boring.

Messi is part of the attack so it is irrelevant.

How has Barca being dependent on one player manifested itself into a poorer attack than City, Bayern or Real?

You just keep changing the goal posts to try and argue against Barca.

What have Bayern done domestically or in europe to prove they have a better attack?

But it is relevant. If your attacking strenght is not tied 90% of it on a single player, then you are harder to contain when your opponents mark out that player. Every serious team left will know that marking Messi out is the key to winning the game and knocking us out. Chelsea almost did it but screwed up once and Messi scored. So, for me, I will be shocked if somehow Valverde wins in the semifinal without Messi having one of the greatest games of his career. The key question is not something tactical that Valverde will do or not. But if Messi will be at his best in the semifinal or not, because there's no way we're beating our opponent without Messi at his best. In the past, I've said we weren't all about Messi, but Valverde has brought us to a moment where we really are all about Messi in offense almost.

Last edited:

RMU ReBorn

But you have to discount Messi and then compare the teams....
Why ? Last manager to win a Cl for Barca without Messi being influencial was Rijkaard with Edmilson and Van bommel in midfield . Do you rate him over Pep ?

Was mostly in reply to the word insulting to compare Valverde with Mourinho. Not at all, in any area.
Yes it's an insult if you believe that both has same style . I don't remember a Barca player getting red card this season let alone parking the bus and playing ultra boring football . I don't remember Mourinho's Rm beating us 3-0 often

So are Sterling jesus and Aguero in European competitions

Nothing under Pep was ever boring. It didn't always worked out because of bad luck mostly, but boring? Never. This is 3 times more boring.
Na this is not boring as Pep's brand of football which you believe is the brand that we used to play before Pep . Rijkard , Lucho , ev all played direct football mixed with possession . No one was obsessed with possession only like Pep .

JamDav1982

Why ? Last manager to win a Cl for Barca without Messi being influencial was Rijkaard with Edmilson and Van bommel in midfield . Do you rate him over Pep ?

Steady on. I am applying the rules Seghi has set.

Messi was influential under Rijkaard though. Was best player as Barca put out Chelsea. Probably toughest team.

But it is relevant. If your attacking strenght is not tied 90% of it on a single player, then you are harder to contain when your opponent mark out that player. Every serious team left will know that marking Messi out is the key to winning the game. Chelsea almost did it but screwed up once and Messi scored.

No it isnt relevant.

You are arguing that Bayern, City and Real have been better going forward this season than Barca have.

Barca have Messi and terrible argument to try and use Barcas biggest strength against them.

Shite.

He leaves them too exposed against top sides with pace.

Home of Barca Fans