Ernesto Valverde - V1

El Gato

Villarato!
Well we sure as shit ain't coming out of that rut anytime soon with Valverde's shit football

To show you that style of football matters for fans. For you only results matter but you are not the embodiment of the whole fanbase. Get it? If only results mattered i would just check the score next day. Most people watch a team because of the football they play

Results matter first and foremost, because results are what breaks down mental barriers in the players themselves and it's what the team struggles with. Fuck the fans opinions. 80% of the fans are selfish entitled brats sitting their ass in an armchair getting all emotional like a 10 year old when their team doesn't play how they want to watch, without an inkling of an idea of what the problem is and how to fix it. Can you blame me for disagreeing with the shitstorm that brews here when results are here, but somehow it's not enough when team is trying to solve years of defensive issues?

One CL in near 7 years and consistent problems away from home is pretty comparable to what Madrid 1/8 knockouts mental block was all about.

I agree about you on these points but how does that absolve Valverde's shortcomings? That's like a murderer saying "But X Y Z committed murders too so i can't be blamed"

It doesn't. So what if he's guilty? His share of the blame is as large as with the likes of Capello or Pellegrini and it's not nearly as much on him as people make it out in this thread. He's not the guy who is responsible for a consistent effort, sense of entitlement and attitude of the seniors who are largely expected to apply themselves professionally and be open to new ideas, even if they're more conservative than what they're used to. The moment he questions their status, he's out because it's easier to try and replace the manager than get three 28-32 year old dressing room leaders with experience of winning major trophies who can still compete at this level. Sometimes all a man can do is shrug and hope the board realises he needs a fresh group to work with.

Cule4life

The Culest
Results matter first and foremost, because results are what breaks down mental barriers in the players themselves and it's what the team struggles with. Fuck the fans opinions. 80% of the fans are selfish entitled brats sitting their ass in an armchair getting all emotional like a 10 year old when their team doesn't play how they want to watch, without an inkling of an idea of what the problem is and how to fix it. Can you blame me for disagreeing with the shitstorm that brews here when results are here, but somehow it's not enough when team is trying to solve years of defensive issues?.

First of all the fans pay for the players salaries. So fucking them would mean fucking the team as well.

Secondly these spoiled Barca fans don't know the team's problems but you a Madridista do? Holier than thou much?

Thirdly what mental block did Valverde's football break? We have been winning La liga easily before him. We won the CL as recently as 2015. It's clear that his football won't break any mental barriers if they exist as shown by last year. If the seniors are so bad why doesn't he have the balls to bench under-performers like Suarez and Pique. I'm sure he would have the fans support. If the board doesn't let him do that then what does that say about him as a manager that he's putting up with shit like that?

It doesn't. So what if he's guilty? His share of the blame is as large as with the likes of Capello or Pellegrini and it's not nearly as much on him as people make it out in this thread. He's not the guy who is responsible for a consistent effort, sense of entitlement and attitude of the seniors who are largely expected to apply themselves professionally and be open to new ideas, even if they're more conservative than what they're used to. The moment he questions their status, he's out because it's easier to try and replace the manager than get three 28-32 year old dressing room leaders with experience of winning major trophies who can still compete at this level. Sometimes all a man can do is shrug and hope the board realises he needs a fresh group to work with.

Except you have been eulogizing Valverde as a faultless messiah who is being held back from greatness due to those pesky squad oldies (who again he has the power to bench). It's his job to motivate the squad and get the best out of them. And before you spout "But but the senior squad players don't listen to him", he's not grooming any young hungry players either. If he can't/is unable to do that and if he was a manager worth his salt, he would quit immediately. But he's a coward who wants to keep everyone happy and be safe. And that's precisely the problem

I didn't see you defending Benitez for his conservative style :lol:

Last edited:

henias

Not sure what beautiful picture Wolfe trying to paint here. Just because someone is of a higher authority doesnt assume he is the free of responsibilities or be believed as the higher intellect so much so that he gets a free pass. "The geniosity of one man..." we lowly beings(entitled fucks) should never question his decisions because he is the pinnacle, thou shalt not disrespect the special one. Just like Mourinho am i right?

I thought all this has been already been debunked long ago. People said Dembele were shit last season and EV has every right to bench him, defensive capabilities bullshit, he even needs to buck up to match the "physical capabilities" of Gomes. Winning against Madrid is somehow everything that matters, and that feat alone is enough to neglect our priorities. The big ominous "Anoeta curse", apparently this is already long broken. We have beaten them since January 2017. Besides teams have different forms every season. What about the CL curse?

Well, I'm interested to see how far can we go this season. Madrid is also winning La Liga games without Ronaldo. Just looking at this team we aren't solid just yet. Not enough clear ideas or directions when attacking or backup plans. We only look good on paper but still lack alot of depth in reality due to not enough flexibility or improvisation. This guy just subs out Semedo when things arent working out and it just stops there.

Even Messi knows some things gotta change this season. He wants to bring the trophy to Camp Nou and to say CL is a nothing trophy just because you cant win it is far fetched. It's still one of the most sought after trophy and we have to be competition smart. Most individual award also depend on CL performances.

And to say our only problem is that we lack player-leaders? Come on, having leaders is definitely a bonus but having a manager with a lack of character or dominant deamenor isnt going to change a situations of egos/lack of motivation any better, especially when you hold that authoritative posts.

In any case, I still dont see much from EV yet. Yeah he brought back 433 but thats about it. Same tactics and lineups from Lucho but not much of an improvement. The benches arent strongly developed as well, they're just sitting there waiting cluelessly. We have to prepare for the CL.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
First of all the fans pay for the players salaries. So fucking them would mean fucking the team as well.

Yep and fans sometimes need to adjust to prioritise or the club will have to either hope for things to click, a perfect manager match (unlikely in the current market) or for older guys to be phased out soon.

Secondly these spoiled Barca fans don't know the team's problems but you a Madridista do? Holier than thou much?

Always up to you how you receive the tone of what I say.

I just don't think Barca fans, especially those remembering little before Pep era, don't relate to CL struggles as easily, possibly because rivals never imagine you can "stoop as low" or whatever the defensive mechanism is.

Thirdly what mental block did Valverde's football break? We have been winning La liga easily before him. We won the CL as recently as 2015. It's clear that his football won't break any mental barriers if they exist as shown by last year. If the seniors are so bad why doesn't he have the balls to bench under-performers like Suarez and Pique. I'm sure he would have the fans support. If the board doesn't let him do that then what does that say about him as a manager that he's putting up with shit like that?

Not the CL one. Yet. He is trying to teach Barca to play responsibly without the incessant need to dominate and play like some bloody wizards. Just get the job done. Being ambitious comes after a strong basis particularly with younger undeveloped guys that you don't thrust into high-press. It's obviously frustrating to watch for an average fan how he resorts to "cowardly" tendencies, but if they succeed in being solid regularly, then there is little else you can teach the team about defense. Pep teams could actually use some of that stuff, which even Zidane teams managed to pull off i.e. controlling the game from the back in whatever flexible setup you need to employ, be it 4-3-3, 4-4-2 or a diamond with the score never being in doubt, few opportunities upfront and winning by being clinical.

I didn't see you defending Benitez for his conservative style :lol:

Man... really? :lol: Squads are capable of completely different things. False equivalency.

Cule4life

The Culest
Yep and fans sometimes need to adjust to prioritise or the club will have to either hope for things to click, a perfect manager match (unlikely in the current market) or for older guys to be phased out soon.

What should we adjust for? Has Valverde shown any vision which we can get behind? Is the team behind him and playing for him? Is he grooming young players for the future? It's clear things are not clicking with him. We had good options like Sarri/Tuchel but we let them go because our board has as much forward looking vision as a bum looking for his next meal. And Valverde doesn't have the balls to phase out senior players.

So please do tell me why should we get behind Valverde?

Always up to you how you receive the tone of what I say.

Well you just called 80% of Barca fans clueless and declared yourself smarter than them so how else should i interpret that?

.I just don't think Barca fans, especially those remembering little before Pep era, don't relate to CL struggles as easily, possibly because rivals never imagine you can "stoop as low" or whatever the defensive mechanism is.

So just because Madrid struggled for years in the CL we should expect that too? We are among the richest clubs in the world with one of the best squads. Still we have not been good enough in the CL. Imagine how you would have reacted if Barca had won 4 CLs in 5 years and Madrid blew a 4-1 lead to get dumped out by Roma.

Not the CL one. Yet. He is trying to teach Barca to play responsibly without the incessant need to dominate and play like some bloody wizards. Just get the job done. Being ambitious comes after a strong basis particularly with younger undeveloped guys that you don't thrust into high-press. It's obviously frustrating to watch for an average fan how he resorts to "cowardly" tendencies, but if they succeed in being solid regularly, then there is little else you can teach the team about defense. Pep teams could actually use some of that stuff, which even Zidane teams managed to pull off i.e. controlling the game from the back in whatever flexible setup you need to employ, be it 4-3-3, 4-4-2 or a diamond with the score never being in doubt, few opportunities upfront and winning by being clinical.

Except he hasn't been able to keep us solid defensively. How many chances did Sociedad have tonight? I could understand being conservative with a multi goal lead. But 2-1? It's clear our squad is not built to withstand pressure like that so why does he keep doing it? Because he's limited and doesn't know any other way to play. He's not a genius with a master plan.

Man... really? :lol: Squads are capable of completely different things. False equivalency.

Our squad is not capable of sitting deep and soaking up pressure. But Madrid's squad is much more capable than us in that regard and he was still criticized for doing that. So are 80% of the Madridistas including you, clueless? I'm just using your logic here.

Givenchy

ofcourse Wolfe wants to talk EV up, hes a Madrid fan. Barca keeping this bum of a manager around longer is 1 less team in the way of 4x CLs in a row for his team

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
During the last 10-15 years we had some good and some bad moments but in majority of games we tried to play beautiful football. Every weekend we had that hour and a half of relaxation and joy and he took that from us.

This is key for me as well. What's the use of watching football if not for joy and excitement.

He is putting off Barca fans from watching nevermind winning new fans.

Danic

My problem with valverde is that i just dont see any clear path/system , no vision, no real player development, no real tactic. Honestly what is this what we are playing?! We are playing a bit from anything but this dont add up to a real 'gameplan.

xXKonan

This is key for me as well. What's the use of watching football if not for joy and excitement.

He is putting off Barca fans from watching nevermind winning new fans.
I mean if he cannot play good football with the squad he has then there's really no reason for him to be here next season.

Valverde doesn't give a shit how we play for the most part. He just wants us to score 1 or two goals and for us to park it. It's like the Mourinho tactic, who gives a shit how we play it's all about the win. I could understand if this was a Midtable team but we are Barcelona with a squad that is surely capable of playing good football on a daily basis.

Barcilliant

Fucking awful manager. Madrid drew today but are so much better to watch than us.

His rotation is a joke. Roberto and Rafinha in many midfield against a tough team away?!

😂

serghei

[MENTION=5226]Wolfe[/MENTION], what's with you and others who seem to think Barca and Madrid are ran after the 'results is the only thing that counts' motto. Far from that. At some point, Barca and Madrid have to play great football. They both have the means to play entertaining football and win with it. It's why they have 700m. squads and why they play huge salaries to players. Why they attract the best sponsorship deals and why they play on some of the largest stadiums in the world. It's why they attract the best players and why they have huge fan bases from China to Africa and all over the world.

Home of Barca Fans