Ernesto Valverde - V1

Raketa10

To be fair guys it's hard to be a Barca fan these days but if EV doesn't get fired than I doubt many of us will watch Barca next season. Apart from the fact that we play really bad there is that cowardly and stupid way of approaching return legs TWO seasons in a row. Because of that we didn't just lose those games but we lost our dignity.

When we lost 4-0 and 3-0 to Bayern I felt bad, I knew that team was over in that momment. I felt the same agains Juve under Lucho but after Roma and now Lpool I felt an utter embarrassment and disgrace and that's just unacceptable for a club like Barca. This has to stop! I am ok with a loss but I am NOT ok with this way of playing and with this ANTI CRUYFF mentality.

The only time I enjoyed football this year was when I watched other teams like Ajax, City or Lpool and when I watched Barca I enjoyed watching only one player and that's Messi. Valverde please have some dignity and resign FFS!

El Barcelona

Ernie before the match: 'We want to score a goal, we want to attack.'

Unbelievable. What if his plan was defend the lead?
Really confused with his tactics.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Ernie before the match: 'We want to score a goal, we want to attack.'

Unbelievable. What if his plan was defend the lead?
Really confused with his tactics.

tyler.jpg

Gohan

Super Saiyan
His ugly, despicable style of football was bearable because it got us results this season.. so far. But giving away a 3-0 lead, in the semi-final. He has to go.

serghei

When Valverde says we plan to attack, he literally means he hopes Messi either scores a goal or creates one.

His ugly, despicable style of football was bearable because it got us results this season.. so far. But giving away a 3-0 lead, in the semi-final. He has to go.

Correct. What's the fucking point to park the bus if you lose like that TWICE in a row!

Zidane82

EV in the press conference:

I knew they were better in the first leg and we tried to change the plan in the second leg!!!!!

i_bleed_blaugrana

:lol: Come on man, let's fucking be real here. 3 or 4-0 it doesn't matter. Klopp himself said you can score 3 goals in 10 mins in a football game.

Sure, a goal with how this game went, wasn't going to change much.

I think you are missing my point though: Dembele, both in how he has been managed and how his overall time has gone here, is emblematic of why this club is failing. This just isn't who we are and we have to suffer because this board wants THEM to be the stars of the show, not the players, or the club or the football themselves. A formula like that just flat out shouldn't win anything because this game is not about making money and selling newspapers with shiny new toy transfers that get 5 minutes a game (Malcom).

But again, a club with a different mentality and identity that is strong, not thin like ours, is what wins out. We have to go back to our identity, its the only success we've had and its the only chance we've got of getting the best out of Messi.

Another waste of a season for him, hate to say it. We've pissed so many years away with him. I can't help but think any other club with him would have been way more dominant than we have been.

FCBfan22

Isn't it funny...

Simeone did literally the same thing vs Juve this year and yet Retardo goes on and outdoes him. Only thing missing is the celebrations.

RESIGN YOU FUCK.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
IF BARCA decide to do the right thing and do a proper rebuild this summer, things can look good in the years ahead. a new coach with a vision and young talents de jong, de ligt, Arthur, dembele, hopefully a new striker, a new midfielder to replace Coutinho. barca will be more recognisable.

it was clear a new direction was needed, even if barca did win it all this year, this year was really the last chance for the old guard to win one more, with a lot of big teams falling short this year, it's passed them by because of the manager and also their own "efforts".

my vision for Barca is a team of young technical players that can press, pass, catch up to players in a high line and play the barca way, with some squad guys like vidal to do a job in certain situations/games.

George_Costanza

All signs were there and some of us have been vocal about it all season. Klopp just said that he didn't focus on tactics rather spoke to his team about spirit, unity, team dynamics, empathy between the players and cohesion. He praised his players for being fighters even though they are missing their best players and been playing every few days.

This is exactly what I said to [MENTION=11668]khaled_a_d[/MENTION] last week after the first leg. Michael Jordan said, "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships." And that's why we usually struggle in UCL because of this team too dependent on individual talent(s) while lacking any cohesion and team chemistry. Messi didn't have a good game and we are not only lost the game but got thrashed.

Home of Barca Fans