Ernesto Valverde - V1

Mitchell1978

100%

Look at how Sterling's radically improved under the tutelage of Pep, and he's nowhere near as talented as Dembele.

Went from being deemed an overrated winger with no ball control/vision/shooting, to England's most important player in the WC, to being the best player in EPL aside from Van Dijk.

Under Pep, Dembele would be the best player in the world. Which is probably the only promising thing about this performance tonight, as it means that this worthless fuck will probably be sacked and Barca will finally have the chance to get a decent coach for him and the rest of their young players.

I'm not convinced Dembele is more talented then Sterling, occasionel flashes are not enough.

serghei

Liverpool should thank Barto really for their success. The 160m did fund building a very strong team. While we got a player who has been a liability for us.

Give 160m to a WC manager like Klopp and he can build a winning team.

If Liverpool had Coutinho he would've scored a couple tonight too. You kind of miss the fact that under Klopp he was one of their best players.

Raketa10

Ok, I was his defender, and he can leave after this.

But still, if you guys think that this is only on him, imo, you are wrong.
Your players are a team of complacent pussies.
We won 1 CL in the last 8 years, even though we have Messi in a team. We had 5 different coaches in these 8 years, and we had Messi, old Xavi, prime Iniesta, prime Busi.

Our team is perfectly good for La Liga.
If Liverpool played in La Liga, we would won a title each season with 10 points advantage.
And we would probably win head to head ties against them in La Liga.
But if we'll face them in a CL quarters or semis, we will get knocked out 90% of times.

Remember Atletico in 2014 and 2016.
We were beating them for fun in La Liga matches.
But when we play in sudden-death matches, all of our matches always look the same: opponents are running and fighting like lions and we are lost and scared on a field.
But then, we'll face Atletico 2 weeks after that in La Liga or in a CDR, and we'll win 3:1 and people will say: their win in a CL was a pure luck.

Look at this Liverpool.
In the last 4 years, we reached only 1 CL semis.
Yet, this Liverpool will play in 2 CL finals in a row.
They are not a team for league championships. Pep's teams and Barca are teams who will win league title in 90% of cases.
But again, pair us with Liverpool in a CL, and both Barca and Pep and their mentally light teams filled with choir boys are screwed.

Again, ok fine, people will say that this is all about Valverde, but remember:
2014: Atletico: our team chocked and pissed their pants
2016: Atletico: the same
2017: Psg 4:0 and a lucky 2nd match. But then again, we lost to Juve 3:0 two weeks later.
2018: Roma 3:0
2019: Liverpool 4:0

Again, no problem, I am with you now, we can fire EV, sell Raki, Vidal, sell everyone whom you don't like.
But remember:
2014: Atletico 0:1, we played with: Xavi, Iniesta, Busi, Fabregas. We were eaten alive by a mentally stronger team than us.
2016: Atletico 0:2, we played with: Iniesta, Busi, Rakitic. Eaten alive again.
2017: Psg 0:4: Iniesta, Busi, Gomes
2017: Juve 0:3: Rakitic, Iniesta, Roberto, Gomes
2018: Roma 0:3: Iniesta, Busi, Rakitic, Roberto
2019: Liverpool 0:4: Vidal, Rakitic, Busi

My point is, people will now say that we lost because of workhorses.
But we lost against ANY decent fighting team in the last 5-6 years. Even with Xavi-Iniesta-Busi in 2014 and with Iniesta-Busi in 14, 16, 17, 18.

Ev is here (and guilty) for only the last 2 years.
But who is here ALL the time, in our all defeats/sulking and pissing our pants?
= Iniesta
= Busi
= Pique
= Alba
= Messi

This year at least we tried with Vidal. It still didn't work.
League titles are won with a pure technical quality. This is why Barca and City are winning it all the time.
In a CL, I would still say that a combination of technique and muscles, and especially: MENTAL STRENGTH and bravery, momentum are winning titles.

I was mad at Dembele for missing a sitter for 4:0, but honestly, today while watching a match, I had a feeling that even if we would have 7:0 in the first match, that we would lose 0:8 today.
No matter which score we had in the first match, we were ghosts and scared at Anfield.
NOT only because of EV (who is guilty), but because of team of pussies.

Alba: an idiot and a pussy when matches like this one come.
Roberto: a nice schoolboy and scared in matches like this one.
Semedo: useless in attack, scared in La Liga and especially scared in a CL.
Pique: mostly a nice guy.
Busquets: too nice guy and a pussy in some moments.
Messi: a nice guy, sulking in bad times.

Suarez, Vidal and Rakitic are 50:50, they could offer some fight sometimes.
What is left? Dembele, another nice guy and scared of everything. Will he lead us to glory in the future?
Coutinho, a nice guy and scared in matches like this one.
Arthur, no idea about him, but he seems like another nice guy.
Puig one day: extremely nice guy.

Again, fine, I am with you: sell all players whom you want and get a new coach and play with Frenkie-Alena, but I have a feeling that until our core of a team will be changed, that we will be able to lose every single CL tie with 0:5 in the 2nd leg.
Atletico are fighters, at least bigger fighters than us.
Roma are bigger fighters than us.
Liverpool are bigger fighters.

We might be technically the best team in the world, but mentally our players are weak in moments like this.
They just seem like unprepared to fight, to bullying, to pressure, to 50 000 fans booing at them etc.

But as I have said a few times in the post, our team will win in La Liga the next weekend, and we will win against Atletico in the next match and people will think that everything is fine.
It is not fine.
Our guys can ONLY win matches when the pressure is off.
When the stakes are high, we are sulking and go MIA. Regardless if we play EV's tactics of Xavi-Iniesta-Busi in 2014'.

You are wrong! Give this team to Klop and they for sure won't lose 4-0 in this game. Life is sometimes simple my friend and a 2000 word post is not needed every single time.

serghei

Well, the good part is that we don't have to worry about facing our player in the final :lol:.

Unless we sign someone from Valencia in the next week or so.

Mitchell1978

This is a very average barça squad with loads of players that have declined and newplayers that are disappointments, results are mostly thanks to Messi and in a lesser degree Ter Stegen, and occasionally Suarez, Alba, Pique...

serghei

I'm sure of it but Liverpool is more balanced now. With Mo or without him, with Firminho and without him still can beat the best.

Great managers make systems, not teams which put all their attacks attacking plan into 1 player.

Klopp is a great manager. Ernie is a crap/average/mediocre manager.

Great manager with good players is better than crap manager with top players.

Tekkers

I'm not convinced Dembele is more talented then Sterling, occasionel flashes are not enough.

He's definitely more talented. I'm comparing Dembele now to Raheem during his Liverpool stint and his first season at City. Dembele's faster, two-footed and was a better dribbler than Sterling at that stage in his career.

serghei

Oh, guys, talent doesn't matter and it does not manifest as we think. Dembele has school-yard talent. Which means that he gets the eye because he sometimes pull off some of the fanciest runs you can see today from a player not named Messi or Neymar. But in pro football the best players are the ones who do the important things consistently great. This is the class that Dembele is failing big time. When you're not sure if he will pass the ball to a teammate or to an opponent, that means Dembele is a 'maybe' player at best. Maybe, with slim chances of becoming probably as soon as we'd like.

Sterling is a better player than Dembele no doubt. This is what matters.

Last edited:

FCBfan22

This is a very average barça squad with loads of players that have declined and newplayers that are disappointments, results are mostly thanks to Messi and in a lesser degree Ter Stegen, and occasionally Suarez, Alba, Pique...

Disagree. This is probably the best squad in the world IF MANAGED PROPERLY AND PLAYERS PLAYED IN THEIR NATURAL POSITIONS.

jairzinho

You are wrong! Give this team to Klop and they for sure won't lose 4-0 in this game. Life is sometimes simple my friend and a 2000 word post is not needed every single time.

Agreed. Liverpool posses a lot of the so called nice players. Look at their team. Mostly choir type players, but Klopp has the personality of a lion and his team feeds off of it. Ernie on the other hand is a pussy.

Home of Barca Fans