Ernesto Valverde - V1

Neymessi

I feel so bad and guilty that my interest in football has dwindled a lot now, got punctured after roma and is on a nosedive now.

What s passion I once had to support us back then. Still support us, but this mediocre play and EV has killed me from inside.

Feeling mad respect the manu, liverpool, arsenal etc fans for supporting their team with such passion when they play so bad season after season.

George_Costanza

The biggest joke tonight is still all those "fans" creeping out their holes to hate. A personality like costanza seems to have The win of his season.

Anyway, lets just blame everything on Valverde, like raketa says life is easy and fire Ev and this team will win trebles every season.

Lets forget about la liga title x 2 cdr title and cdr-finale

You are a fucking jiveturkey who only knew Barca the past few years, assuming your age is late teens or early 20s? You will never understand what this club is about. Go support PSG or Juve because I guarantee you they will win the double for the next decade, little guy.

Raketa10

The biggest joke tonight is still all those "fans" creeping out their holes to hate. A personality like costanza seems to have The win of his season.

Anyway, lets just blame everything on Valverde, like raketa says life is easy and fire Ev and this team will win trebles every season.

Lets forget about la liga title x 2 cdr title and cdr-finale

What the fuck is wrong with you? Do you have eyes?

serghei

But this is not about the players mostly. I think the players were focused, and really wanted to impede another disaster.

It is perfectly normal to panic under pressure when you are not used to dealing with it the way Valverde had us dealing with. We are not used to defend like Atletico Madrid do. We are just not that team.

We did not try to control the game. We did not use our best weapons and instead played like a very small team. This is not because of the players, but because of the manager and the tactics.

It's the same as Benitez with Madrid to a point, except Madrid sack managers like that in months. We do it in years. They sensed very fast Bentiez was not winner material and moved fast. Adapted.

Last edited:

Dinho10

We Barca fans like to laugh at Real Madrid for having a disastrous season but looking at Perez's reaction after RM's worst two results of the season he does not fuck around:

Lost 5-1 in first clasico - manager sacked
Lose 4-1 at home to a Dutch team in the UCL - another manager sacked.

We mocked RM for being trigger happy but at the same time we have a board who is happy with a coach who twice blew a three goal first leg lead in two successive UCL knockout rounds and let in five goals to fucking Levente while playing a brand of football that is more in common with Mourinho than Pep. It be nice to have Klopp or Te Hag manage us next season :vermaelen:

Neymessi

I almost forgot how they didn't have so many key players. We are seriously nothing but Messi FC, couldn't defeat an incredibly depleted Liverpool.

Now no one can make that excuse that we lost because they were great etc

Raketa10

But this is not about the players mostly. I think the players were focused, and really wanted to impede another disaster.

It is perfectly normal to panic under pressure when you are not used to dealing with it the way Valverde had us dealing with. We are not used to defend like Atletico Madrid do. We are just not that team.

Partially agree with you but to be fair Alba was not focused at all. Things he did are just bellow the level of the world class fullback.

FCBfan22

Dear Ernesto:

1. Pack your bags.
2. Fuck off back to Bilbao.

P.S. You don't deserve that checque for getting sacked.

D10S_JC

It is a mystery we cannot score a proper single goal in the away game.

And I recall our last several away games In CL: Goalless draw at Lyon, a own goal from Man Utd.
Last year: A debacle to Roma, a gift from Chelsea to Messi.

BBZ8800

Great managers make systems, not teams which put all their attacks attacking plan into 1 player.

Klopp is a great manager. Ernie is a crap/average/mediocre manager.

Great manager with good players is better than crap manager with top players.

Ok, EV doesn't have a system.

2012: Pep
2013: Tito
2014: Tata
2016: Lucho
2017: Lucho
2018: EV
2018: EV

Fine, EV is an idiot.
But can you explain how on Earth is possible that Barca won only 1 CL title in 8 years.
During those 8 years, we had:
Messi: in all 8 years
Busi: in all 8 years
Iniesta: in 7 years
Xavi: in 4 years

So, Messi, the best player ever.
Iniesta, one of the best midfielders ever.
Busi, the best pivot ever for some people.

We had all these guys in the last 7 or 8 years, we reached a CL final once.
It can't be ONLY on Valverde.

I will dare to say: Barca (and PSg) is the biggest flop in modern football from 2012 till 2019, if we take into the account Messi, worth of a team and money invested.
Coutinho 160M
Dembele 145M
Neymar 100+M
Suarez 80M
Paulinho 40M
Arda 40M
Malcom 40M
Semedo 40M
Gomes 40M
Fabregas 40M
Lenglet 36M
Paco 35M
Umtiti 30M
Arthur 30M
Alexis 30M
Arturo Vidal 20M
Aleix Vidal 20M
Mathieu 20M
Vermaelen 20M
Song 20M
Rakitic 18M
Digne 18M
Alba 16M
Bravo 12M
Mats 12M

That is in total 1 Billion and 62 Millions invested in transfer fees (not counting that we have the highest wages on top of that, lol).
So, basically:
1. we had the best player ever, Messi, in our team
2. we have spent more money than any other team in the world in the last 8 years for new players
3. we have the highest wages in the world

Yet, in the last 8 years we managed to reach 1 CL final.
And you guys think that only EV is guilty, yet our core players are sulking and going MIA in the same complacent way every season?

So, my question is: if our players are THAT good (and not overrared and overpaid), why on Earth have we won 1 CL in the last 6 years prior to EV?
And we had Messi, Iniesta, Busi, Pique in all those years, plus Xavi and Alves in majority of years?

Why are our players always losing in the same fashion in KO matches, with or without Valverde?
And what now, our future are: Dumbele, a nice guy backpasser Arthur and a nice guy Puig?

I guess that we'll be posting similar sad posts in Aprils and Mays in the next 5-10 years then.
Especially with these guys as leaders, when Messi will be gone.

BBZ is such a cuck he would rather dish out 2000 words on the players than admit that the defensive approach of the universally recognized clueless manager was a mistake. AGAIN.

I think that our team would have lost 8:0 with playing attacking and defensive tonight.
Call me deluded or stupid, I don't mind.

After this, I would be scared (as a manager) to enter in KO away match with this bunch of pussies.
Alba, Roberto, Semedo, Busi, Pique, Coutinho, Messi.
Even Suarez, Raki.
Who is the only fighter? Vidal.

What is worse, I think that this team is capable (even with EV or ANYONE as a coach) to win 1-2 more La ligas easily, even though they are old.
In a CL though, we will lose 5:0 to 8:0 against any team.

That 4th goal was a comedy gold.
Imagine if Liverpool or someone would have conceded that kind of a goal against RM?
We would say: stupid chockers, amateurs.
I mean, we have the most expensive team in the world with the highest wages and they concede a goal like that in the 80th minute?
I would sack EV and half of our overrated and overpaid (and old) players tomorrow.

Home of Barca Fans