Ernesto Valverde - V1

jamrock

CL was given to us on a platter this year largly thanks to ajax and all we had to do, was score 1 away goal and couldn't.

Just 1

Last edited:

serghei

Partially agree with you but to be fair Alba was not focused at all. Things he did are just bellow the level of the world class fullback.

Obviously, but the theme was global. The way we played invited pressure. Pressure causes individual mistakes. So it's not like everything else was going well and Alba was a nutcase who gave away the victory to Liverpool. We were scrambling the whole game defensively.

Parking the bus with a misfit team for this tactic.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Let's talk next season:

Who's our coach?

Who goes?

Like I said earlier, give me Pimenta with Xavi as his assistant.

Only player on the proverbial chopping block who I'll defend is Vidal. Not sure why he is getting ANY flack for his display tonight. He was fantastic for me, showed desire, played some good balls, had good intent on the ball, always trying to get it forward and was excellent in the tackle. He had like 7 or 8 great tackles that at least gave us a little something in the first half off of a transition. He should stay, he brings the mentality we need.

Elsewise...

Alba: bench. We should bring in Cucurella or at least someone of quality in. He needs competition and a possible replacement because his complacency just cannot be tolerated or trusted anymore.
Rakitic: sold.
Roberto: bench.
Coutinho: GET THE FUCK OUT, PUSSY. Don't even leave Liverpool, sell him to Everton for 30 million and be done with.
Luis: bench.
Pique: maybe bench. He's been quality this season but we needed his leadership and he was nowhere.

We need a serious 9 and de Ligt secured asap.

Raketa10

ok, ev doesn't have a system.

2012: Pep
2013: Tito
2014: Tata
2016: Lucho
2017: Lucho
2018: Ev
2018: Ev

fine, ev is an idiot.
but can you explain how on earth is possible that barca won only 1 cl title in 8 years.
during those 8 years, we had:
Messi: In all 8 years
busi: In all 8 years
iniesta: In 7 years
xavi: In 4 years

so, messi, the best player ever.
Iniesta, one of the best midfielders ever.
Busi, the best pivot ever for some people.

We had all these guys in the last 7 or 8 years, we reached a cl final once.
It can't be only on valverde.

I will dare to say: Barca (and psg) is the biggest flop in modern football from 2012 till 2019, if we take into the account messi, worth of a team and money invested.
Coutinho 160m
dembele 145m
neymar 100+m
suarez 80m
paulinho 40m
arda 40m
malcom 40m
semedo 40m
gomes 40m
fabregas 40m
lenglet 36m
paco 35m
umtiti 30m
arthur 30m
alexis 30m
arturo vidal 20m
aleix vidal 20m
mathieu 20m
vermaelen 20m
song 20m
rakitic 18m
digne 18m
alba 16m
bravo 12m
mats 12m

that is in total 1 billion and 62 millions invested in transfer fees (not counting that we have the highest wages on top of that, lol).
So, basically:
1. We had the best player ever, messi, in our team
2. We have spent more money than any other team in the world in the last 8 years for new players
3. We have the highest wages in the world

yet, in the last 8 years we managed to reach 1 cl final.
And you guys think that only ev is guilty, yet our core players are sulking and going mia in the same complacent way every season?

So, my question is: If our players are that good (and not overrared and overpaid), why on earth have we won 1 cl in the last 6 years prior to ev?
And we had messi, iniesta, busi, pique in all those years, plus xavi and alves in majority of years?

Why are our players always losing in the same fashion in ko matches, with or without valverde?
And what now, our future are: Dumbele, a nice guy backpasser arthur and a nice guy puig?

I guess that we'll be posting similar sad posts in aprils and mays in the next 5-10 years then.
Especially with these guys as leaders, when messi will be gone.

Tito,Tata,Lucho,EV! All world class managers! One after another!

I think that our team would have lost 8:0 with playing attacking and defensive tonight.
Call me deluded or stupid, I don't mind.

After this, I would be scared (as a manager) to enter in KO away match with this bunch of pussies.
Alba, Roberto, Semedo, Busi, Pique, Coutinho, Messi.
Even Suarez, Raki.
Who is the only fighter? Vidal.

What is worse, I think that this team is capable (even with EV or ANYONE as a coach) to win 1-2 more La ligas easily, even though they are old.
In a CL though, we will lose 5:0 to 8:0 against any team.

That 4th goal was a comedy gold.
Imagine if Liverpool or someone would have conceded that kind of a goal against RM?
We would say: stupid chockers, amateurs.
I mean, we have the most expensive team in the world with the highest wages and they concede a goal like that in the 80th minute?
I would sack EV and half of our overrated and overpaid (and old) players tomorrow.

Calling Messi a pussy. You really are a joke man. :facepalm:

Last edited:

FCBfan22

The biggest indicator that he is a unimaginative coach was HE FUCKING REVERTED BACK TO LUCHO'S FAILED SYSTEM THIS YEAR. That was a major red flag for me.

It simply doesn't work with Suarez in this form. And it never will. Get the fuck out, you unimaginative cunt.

Sorin

Not to mention they played without Chamberlain this entire season.

Well yeah, but it's more of the same. A workhorse that has his limits.

But look at their midfield and attack tonight. They looked like a team with coherent tactics and everyone knew what he had to do. They are drilled in trainings by klopp.

On the other hand we look like absolute mugs. But it's no surprise really. I remember time and time again getting dominated by the likes of Eibar, Betis, Alaves etc. in possesion but Messi popped up with a a goal and a pass and voila we won. Teams with 1/10 of our budget often outplyed us like we were a barely promovated segunda team. What can you do thoug, I guess we also have worse players than those teams.

Smell the coffee for once(EV fanboys), thr coaching of this team is subpar. The players are much better than this and we are held back by a fraud.

jamrock

He tried to defend & we still conceded 4 if he had gone out and played on the front foot, maybe we could have conceded 4 as well, but would have scored at least once.

Instead it was let's hope messi can figure it out.

Btw a player like willian would have made a huge difference today. Lol

Havesaks

You are a fucking jiveturkey who only knew Barca the past few years, assuming your age is late teens or early 20s? You will never understand what this club is about. Go support PSG or Juve because I guarantee you they will win the double for the next decade, little guy.

Early 20s and fan since 07-10, so what? I have a good idea what you think barca is about, but no manager in the world would have gotten better results than ev IF he ends up winning cdr again. I get why we he might he fired, but The way his contribution is discredited, is so disgracefull. Lets not pretend Bayern 7-0 didnt happen, juve 3-0, atm etc. This team isnt that great, and yes Ev shares blame.

Home of Barca Fans