Ernesto Valverde - V1

George_Costanza

Setien can solve one issue only but he won't have the balls to bench players like Suarez and Busquets.

We need a strong manager + playing attractive football. Is this too much to ask?

Pepe Silvia

He isn't getting fired before the season ends, stop dreaming, it would be shambles before the Copa final, more than it is currently.

Also, I would not be surprised if he doesn't even get the sack because of the league double.
Forget the double if it means we get a new coach who isn't afraid of the big stage and plays to our strengths rather than make us play like some brutish EPL side. I'll take that over the domestic double this time as a special exception.

Total-Football

tata tito popo lucho ernesto.. those are the names that spark interest in our board. no names = yes men. expect a name that has two syllables and no one has heard of to be our next one. oh.. a domestic one as usual. anything to keep the board+seniors running shit..so no, expect no allegri

George_Costanza

My feelings after yesterday match

you-maniacs-you-blew-it-up-goddamn-you-all-to-hell-copy.jpg

Total-Football

you know whats funny.. there is a novella i read a while ago called «chronicle of a death foretold» by nobel prize winner garcia markez. The story follows the murder of a person and you know this fact from the beginning, then the plot focus on the post-mortem investigation. It turns out that pretty much everyone in the village knew beforehand about the intention of the murderers, yet nobody did anything to prevent it, some out of carelessness, others out of incapability.

It occurs to me how similar this death is to our game. This game is NOTHING like Rome. Ask1000 persons before rome game about the likelihood of elimination, maybe 3 would say yes. That elimination was a Death Untold.

However, this game is a death foretold. Barca fans were extreamly anxious because of our lethargic disposition, suarez horrible record away etc.. Klopp made a clear description of the script of the game in the conference and looked as confident as a qualified manager.The worst of it all, surfing football forums, many many forums expected the game to pan out exactly how it occured : barca intimidated by the crowd in the stands, out-ran in the field to death.

In post-disaster reflections that is what hurt the most.. it is nothing like rome. that was indeed a death foretold, and we went there as if to fullfill prophecy, as if we were there to keep appearances and for protocol. Barca no longer has any fear factor when every liverpool rival fears a 3-0 comeback.Tough decisions need be made. I no longer care about «messi best years» that was a last hurrah by the little magicial.Give us a solid plan for the future. something that make the europeen standards which others follow, not this shallow football that make us no longer wait for the week end.

as one barcaforum member said once upon a time: Lets hope

Last edited:

xXKonan

Going into the game I thought Valverde would take lessons in what made us better in the second half in the Camp Nou leg how subbing on Semedo and throwing an extra Man in the Midfield helped us a bit in at least gaining a footing and help keep Mane under control.

He had a week to make the adjustments he needed and instead, he just sat on his ass and literally copy and pasted the same lineup that we struggled with at the Camp Nou. HE DIDN'T TAKE ANY OF THE LESSONS HE LEARNED AND APPLIED THEM.

It's shit like this that makes you question how this guy even made it as a coach. Bilbao or not that is fucking ridiculous how he always seems to take the wrong lessons learned and stick with it and instead of taking what we did right and going that route and improving it.

Home of Barca Fans