Ernesto Valverde - V1

MTL_Barca

Sacking Valverde isn't enough, the next coach has to be better than Ernie and it'll take some time because they probably didn't even think about the possibility of hiring a new coach 2 days ago. So if they wait until the season is over to then announce Valverde leaving + the new coach at once fine, i can wait.

But if they really think about keeping him i lose all hope for this summer. That would probably also mean that squad wise nothing big changes because if Valverde is good enough then the senior squad is as well right?

Altomonte

I am wondering if EV went to Vigo with his B team to manage?
If yes, why not sending his assistant and staying home to prepare his A team for Liverpool, assuming he had a strategy to teach, like
- forcing Liverpool back instead of permitting most play to happen in our half
- telling players to try finishing themselves instead of always looking for Messi
- emphasizing the need for extra movement, to escape Liverpool's high press

Anyway, we need a coach that teaches players how to withstand physical pressure, to deal with a Klopp team.

... or to get a coach like Klopp.

FinBarcelonafan

BBZ8800 you are completely out of your depth. This has NOTHING to do with being fast, or being strong. It has everything to do with Valverde being mid table coach and he has proven that time and time again. 2nd leg against Roma, plays defensively instead by playing Barcas game and counting on scoring away goal. He crumbled. He crumbled as if he was in Athletic and he had to defend the lead. He put Dembele in last 5min and immediately got reaction, unfortunately it was too late last year.

This year, for 2nd leg in Liverpool, he fields SAME 11 that where dominated at Camp Nou, and where he got control just after he put Semedo (who has been 2x the player Roberto is on RB) and Artur (who started to control pace in MF and could hold onto ball under pressure). He CONTINUOUSLY played Coutinho, even after he shown absolute no will to fight or put up a good game. He has, for entire season, ignored Malcom who has been much better, stronger and pacier player then Coutinho, just to put him in the game in 80th minute after he hasn't played him with first team in like 3-4 months.

Fuck you and fuck other Valverde cocksuckers. You are fucking plague. We have a statue on sidelines. We have man who hasn't had Barca's game ONE SINGLE game in 2 years. When was the last time players had fun on field? When was the last time we put on a show, even against minnows, at CN? It seems like never...We are waiting for goal from Messi and then we finish everyone of. Fuck of with "pragmatism". Only reason we are winning La Liga is because Messi is guaranteed to score one goal + assist per match. Take him out and we have 3-4 less wins, and therefore behind avg Atletico side and just about worst Real Madrid in last decade.

He is a fraud. He got us playing passive. Not proactive (as we had ever since Cruyff), not reactive (as certain teams have been playing for past few seasons - like RM and Liverpool), but PASSIVE. We are looking like zombies. Our away record in semis and quarters in last 4 seasons, ever since we started this pragmatic shit, is fucking 4 games 4 loses with 14-0. Is this normal for you?

We got TOP squad. We will be getting De Jong and De Ligt, along with Artur, Arturo Vidal (who can play DM) and Alena, we have very competent MF. There are Busquets and Rakitic who can play, but not together. They are snails and Rakitic has 0 technique. He is back pass merchant. Busquets is even slower and he is so error prone that its small miracle we ended in semis.

We have Dembele, who is not given fair chance and gets shouted on by fucking rat who can't score a goal to save his life, and we have Malcom who has shown right attitude and talent to be in first 11. But Valverde won't play him. Why? Because he is passive. He is "pragmatic". He will play locker-room darlings, and put young guys in fire when we are getting embarrassed on biggest stage.

He can fuck of, and so can anyone who defends this fraud. Next year, we have to mix things up. Put MF consisting of Artur, De Jong and Vidal as DM. Sell Suarez or bench the fat fuck and play Messi as false 9 and Maclom and Dembele on wings, that way we get more legs in MF and only Messi will be "slacking" in defense. We would win 9/10 games with that line up and solid coach that doesn't have his balls in chasity cage ffs.

Great post!

XaviV

Why are you calling Valverde a fraud, do you even know what that means? He isn't capable of leading Barca to the top, but he didn't appoint himself.

FCBfan22

Why are you calling Valverde a fraud, do you even know what that means? He isn't capable of leading Barca to the top, but he didn't appoint himself.

True, but he also didn't resign after making Barca a laughing stock for the 2nd year in a row.

Andrew M

One thing I do feel sure of is this 442 needs to go. It is Valverde's comfort blanket. Whenever he feels unsafe and scared he reaches for it because it smells familiar and reminds him of the old days.

Even Atleti using a very effective 442 didn't win the CL. We need width in attacking areas.

George_Costanza

I am wondering if EV went to Vigo with his B team to manage?
If yes, why not sending his assistant and staying home to prepare his A team for Liverpool, assuming he had a strategy to teach, like
- forcing Liverpool back instead of permitting most play to happen in our half
- telling players to try finishing themselves instead of always looking for Messi
- emphasizing the need for extra movement, to escape Liverpool's high press

Anyway, we need a coach that teaches players how to withstand physical pressure, to deal with a Klopp team.

... or to get a coach like Klopp.

Valverde made so many mistakes this season but was masked by individual performances (mostly Messi), people here argued as long as HE delivers the result, they are fine with his cowardly defensive football. The whole issue is it was Messi's individual performance that got us the results to win the double. I argued this is not a sustainable model and eventually we will be exposed in big stages.

His mistakes against Liverpool were classic, most of us saw it coming which tells you he is close to amateur level coaching.

1. Liverpool did play so well the first leg and could have scored few goals actually, EV did make a change in the second half (I would think of it now it was mindless sub) but it worked and we had better control of the game by subbing off Coutinho who was horrible and subbing in Semedo, moving Roberto as RM. (Although I would think Messi's two goals out of nowhere helped ease Liverpool pressure), Anyway, why again starting with the same lineup that made Liverpool dominate us and could have resulted in few goals?

2. The question of starting Coutinho and Rakitic, both played poorly in the first leg. The reward was, play them again in the second leg. That's why I don't blame the players too much. You have to blame the manager who decided to include them in the starting lineup despite their poor showing especially when you have better players warming the bench.

3. This game is very suitable for a player like Arthur who is press resistance, he didn't start in the first leg and only subbed in the 75 minutes for the second leg. He wouldn't have any impact by that time because the game was lost!

4. Subbing off Vidal who was our best midfielder in the game while Rakitic played 80 minutes and Busquets played 90. What were you thinking Valverde?

I have always said this, he is a mediocre manager and should be managing teams like Alaves, not FC Barcelona. Rival fans and neutrals have been unfairly slaughtering Messi but he did everything in his power to lead this lazy Barca team. He was again the most dangerous player for us but just couldn’t get it done by himself. If it wasn’t for him, Liverpool would have won the first leg too.

Kohe321

Valverde has turned us into the biggest cucks in Europe. First the huge embarrasment against Roma, and now once more with Liverpool. This match was truly a Beta masterpiece. He went to Anfield with the intent to mainly defend for 90 minutes. We had no control in any of our two games against them, getting robbed of possession way too easily. There's just no discernable Barca DNA left in our play under Valverde. And this last point is the most disconcerting for me.

He needs to resign when the season is over. Enough is enough.

Neymessi

I don't think he will be fired. I think people underestimate how much shitty our board is and that they will 100% consider the last 2 seasons as achievements thanks to a league double consecutively.

When Lucho got fired or "resigned willingly", he only won a Copa that year. When we had a massive rebuild and got Suarez Mathieu Rakitic Mats before the treble season in 15, we went trophyless that season. We aren't taking any drastic measures unless we go trophyless or something or unless we go on twitter and start a campaign just like in December 2014 that forced the elections.

Edit: We also had that massive rebuild also because of the transfer ban, for utopians who want Busi, Suarez, Raki gone like me, you are in for a rude awakening.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans