Ernesto Valverde - V1

henias

Let's give EV one more try. Okay right now it's ONLY two flukes. The reason he's playing 442 still is because we still dont have enough depth, we need more signings like Willian and Rabiot. Neymar left 2 years ago and it is very painful for us. Next season, trust me please, I can guarantee he will play much more attacking, at the same time it will be a defensive masterclass. He is modernising our Barca side and tactical genius like him will be unbeaten against the biggest opponents. But... but If anything goes wrong, remember, it's the squad. It is what it is. Peace out!

Centauri B

I will never wish for Barca to lose a game but I honestly don't give a damn about the Copa anymore. It means nothing.

It would mean a lot if went through to the CL final. But now? Who cares? Just let Valencia have it. I only care about our next CL game, we dominated domestic football for too long.

Neymessi

Let's give EV one more try. Okay right now it's ONLY two flukes. The reason he's playing 442 still is because we still dont have enough depth, we need more signings like Willian and Rabiot. Neymar left 2 years ago and it is very painful for us. Next season, trust me please, I can guarantee he will play much more attacking, at the same time it will be a defensive masterclass. He is modernising our Barca side and tactical genius like him will be unbeaten against the biggest opponents. But... but If anything goes wrong, remember, it's the squad. It is what it is. Peace out!

The squad is also pretty bad tbh. Busquets and Rakitic, for example, are nowhere near Barca quality and shouldn't have been starting since long ago.

Andrew M

It would mean a lot if went through to the CL final. But now? Who cares? Just let Valencia have it. I only care about our next CL game, we dominated domestic football for too long.

I will hope we win but if we don't I won't be too bothered. You think Juve fans are angry about not winning the Coppa Italia? Nobody outside of Spain even knows it exists.

xXKonan

What this team needs the most is a proper Midfield spine and a system to get more out of it.

Sure there are other areas that need fixing to but we have gone on for years now arguing and seeing how weak the Midfield really is. What once went from one of our best strengths to one of our weakest and the failed attempts at even addressing it.

Arthur and FDJ is a good start but Valverde clearly isn't the manager to take them to the next level or fix our Midfield or the team in general.

jairzinho

Valverde made so many mistakes this season but was masked by individual performances (mostly Messi), people here argued as long as HE delivers the result, they are fine with his cowardly defensive football. The whole issue is it was Messi's individual performance that got us the results to win the double. I argued this is not a sustainable model and eventually we will be exposed in big stages.

His mistakes against Liverpool were classic, most of us saw it coming which tells you he is close to amateur level coaching.

1. Liverpool did play so well the first leg and could have scored few goals actually, EV did make a change in the second half (I would think of it now it was mindless sub) but it worked and we had better control of the game by subbing off Coutinho who was horrible and subbing in Semedo, moving Roberto as RM. (Although I would think Messi's two goals out of nowhere helped ease Liverpool pressure), Anyway, why again starting with the same lineup that made Liverpool dominate us and could have resulted in few goals?

2. The question of starting Coutinho and Rakitic, both played poorly in the first leg. The reward was, play them again in the second leg. That's why I don't blame the players too much. You have to blame the manager who decided to include them in the starting lineup despite their poor showing especially when you have better players warming the bench.

3. This game is very suitable for a player like Arthur who is press resistance, he didn't start in the first leg and only subbed in the 75 minutes for the second leg. He wouldn't have any impact by that time because the game was lost!

4. Subbing off Vidal who was our best midfielder in the game while Rakitic played 80 minutes and Busquets played 90. What were you thinking Valverde?

I have always said this, he is a mediocre manager and should be managing teams like Alaves, not FC Barcelona. Rival fans and neutrals have been unfairly slaughtering Messi but he did everything in his power to lead this lazy Barca team. He was again the most dangerous player for us but just couldn’t get it done by himself. If it wasn’t for him, Liverpool would have won the first leg too.

100% Correct.

FC B

But this is not about the players mostly. I think the players were focused, and really wanted to impede another disaster.

It is perfectly normal to panic under pressure when you are not used to dealing with it the way Valverde had us dealing with. We are not used to defend like Atletico Madrid do. We are just not that team.

We did not try to control the game. We did not use our best weapons and instead played like a very small team. This is not because of the players, but because of the manager and the tactics.

It's the same as Benitez with Madrid to a point, except Madrid sack managers like that in months. We do it in years. They sensed very fast Bentiez was not winner material and moved fast. Adapted.

Ofc it's Failverde's fault mostly but Alba's two fuckups for instance are not and yes, two horror blunders like those can cost you a title like CL and imo they were decisive in losing 4-0, LFC might not be able to overturn the 3-0 deficit had Alba didn't decide to make exactly that match the worst of his entire career.

FCBfan22

So, we are signing Griezboy... And keeping Valverde if he wins Copa Del Daffy Duck it seems as of now.

Fuck me sideways.

Barcilliant

No way can this motherfucker stay!!

Do the board want a third debacle. Two is bad enough. We are already the laughing stock of Europe.

This guy should have been put to the sword asap and his assistant could have done the remaining matches. As people have mentioned Noone gives a fuck about the Copa. It's irrelevant... Especially now.

utility73

Just watched „Take the ball, pass the ball“ documentary. Comparing those peak football times to the dire state, football wise, we are in now makes me want to cry.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans