Ernesto Valverde - V1

FCBfan22

Copa Del Rey y nada mas.

:valverde:

Really, if he retains the job because he wins Copa Del Daffy Duck against Valencia, who lost 7-3 to fucking Arsenal of all teams on agregate, then our club is done and dusted.

Jakabor

Doesn't matter to me if he stays or is fired at this moment. But.. if he is still here after the summer I'll be highly disappointed. I'm so over Valverde.

I truly hope they'll bring in a new coach with a vision that revolves around possession based football.

Barcilliant

If the Barça Board decides to keep Valverde, a possible compromise could be to ask Xavi to play the role intially played by Zidane at RM.
Xavi could be the Bench Coach for 1 year before possibly taking over as Head Coach.
He should get special responsibility to coach the midfield and to mentor Arthur, Alena (perhaps even Puig) and De Jong.
Xavi will be respected by the youngsters as one of the best midfielders ever, he could learn from Valverde how to deal with responsibilities of the job and could influence Valverde's decisions.
It has been written that Xavi respects Valverde, and I'm sure that Valverde respects Xavi.
Xavi could bring the BIG winning mentality back to Barça.
Barça should NEVER AGAIN allow other teams to dominate the midfield. It would be Xavi's responsibility to make our midfield the best again.

It's too early for Xavi. Also he tends to be a possession zealot to the extreme. I still remember him making comments after the Bayern loss. Something like we played better than Bayern cause we had more possession.

Sterlingfan2000

I dont know if it's true but according to The mirror, Messi and Suarez were so furious with their teammates, that they didn't even looked at them. The bond between players is apparently destroyed after the CL loss.

BarçaBarça

No reason for us to sack him before Copa del Rey. I expect us to announce it a few days after, though.

It will be interesting to see if Allegri can do better than him. Ideally we get Pochettino, but he doesn't want to join us, so only lesser coaches are in play.
Tuchel would be a nightmare, tbh, and lose his appeal after 3rd defeat with Semedo and Alba as double-pivot.

MTL_Barca

valverde played for and coached espanyol the same amount of time poch did

i think poch will be our new manager whether or not tottenham win the CL

Pochettino was there for a combined 8 years (275 games) as player and almost 4 years as coach (160 games), Valverde only 2 years as player (72 games) and 2 years as coach (96 games). Can't really compare that.

I'm also pretty sure Valverde never publicly stated that he would rather work on his farm in Argentina than coach Barca.

Don Andrésº8

I dont know if it's true but according to The mirror, Messi and Suarez were so furious with their teammates, that they didn't even looked at them. The bond between players is apparently destroyed after the CL loss.
Obviuous is not needed a genious to see that. Valverde broke the dressroom. WE NEED TEN HAG FAST BARTOMEU

Havesaks

my bad, misread his wiki page

but i still think he'll come for some reason. i cant see him turning down barca to stay at a club like tottenham

Didnt he already turn down Madrid last summer?

His comments about leaving tottenham are by some intepreted as ironic, since the reporters cant stop asking him.

Also, he is said 2 years ago he doesnt want to manager Barcelona, because of his time in Espanyol. Several times he has given the impression that he is really involved in the clubs he works for and the values they have, this also includes use of home-grown and own-natiationality players.

I really dont think he is an option, all tho he would be my favorite with Klopp to take over Valverde.

Home of Barca Fans