Ernesto Valverde - V1

Barcilliant

If the seniors support Valverde they should be booted out bar Messi. I am sick of these fuckers just cruising along, getting contract extensions and then getting humiliated in the CL.

Barcilliant

Nothing tops the Roma and Liverpool debacles.

Shitty tactics, weak mentality, a coach who looked dumbfounded on the sidelines and didn't bother to make changes until it was too late. Some so-called key players deciding to have the worst matches of their career.

Man you can go on just how rage inducing that shit was.

I remember other bad losses but considering the team we have these are the worst losses in memory.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I think he is saying , he has Suarez Busquets, Alba and Pique on his Side. These are the biggest voices in the team along side with Messi.

Busquets even said in an Interview it's not the Coach fault, it's their fault

Alright then. They should all fuck off.

Football is in some way like battles fought long ago. You read how vastly outnumbered side managed to win and this is similar. We have so much more quality but lose because there is no heart nor bravery.

i_bleed_blaugrana

The coward definitely made mistakes. Coutinho over Malcom, Roberto over Semedo, not subbing Rakitic sooner. Maybe even not being his usual self and using the 4-4-2.

But compared to Roma, Roma made a lot more sense. QFs only, it’s Roma and knowing we were the better side on paper and that bigger games lay ahead, we overlooked them, especially since we were chaising the unbeaten run in La Liga. It was infuriating but at least made sense.

That’s what I still cannot fathom. I cannot fathom that so many of them failed to turn up when we were 90 minutes from the final. PL dickriders will say it’s Anfield but we showed more fight and more composure in grounds in Spain that are equally as hostile and at least got results. And in the run up to this match, La Liga was wrapped, the players were rested fully bar Dembele, which ended up being a mistake but most coaches would have done that too. In terms of squad management, just about any manager would have done what he did. So the players have to be equally on the hook as EV. That combined with Roma being so fresh, it just demonstrates how toxic of a situations this really is:

-Jaded vets who clearly lack the fire required
-A clueless coach who doesn’t understand our tactics and is out of his depth
-A board unwilling to make the hard decisions necessary to start finding solutions
-An aging Messi

Might watch C’dR Final but that’s about it. I’ve lost hope until at least Valverde is gone but I share the opinion that this crooked board will let this man continue to embarrass us next season. Grim.

We shoulda known we signed up for this during that Supercopa hounding. Lotta people casually forget that’s how his tenure started.

Last edited:

serghei

The coward definitely made mistakes. Coutinho over Malcom, Roberto over Semedo, not subbing Rakitic sooner. Maybe even not being his usual self and using the 4-4-2.

But compared to Roma, Roma made a lot more sense. QFs only, it’s Roma and knowing we were the better side on paper and that bigger games lay ahead, we overlooked them, especially since we were chaising the unbeaten run in La Liga. It was infuriating but at least made sense.

That’s what I still cannot fathom. I cannot fathom that so many of them failed to turn up when we were 90 minutes from the final. PL dickriders will say it’s Anfield but we showed more fight and more composure in grounds in Spain that are equally as hostile and at least got results. And in the run up to this match, La Liga was wrapped, the players were rested fully bar Dembele, which ended up being a mistake but most coaches would have done that too. In terms of squad management, just about any manager would have done what he did. So the players have to be equally on the hook as EV. That combined with Roma being so fresh, it just demonstrates how toxic of a situations this really is:

-Jaded vets who clearly lack the fire required
-A clueless coach who doesn’t understand our tactics and is out of his depth
-A board unwilling to make the hard decisions necessary to start finding solutions
-An aging Messi

Might watch C’dR Final but that’s about it. I’ve lost hope until at least Valverde is gone but I share the opinion that this crooked board will let this man continue to embarrass us next season. Grim.

We shoulda known we signed up for this during that Supercopa hounding. Lotta people casually forget that’s how his tenure started.

Of course the players are on the hook as well, which is why you don't listen to them when they say they support Valverde. The most responsible is the manager in cases like this, always. And if he is not sacked, then the guilt is transferred to this idiotic lazy board, who stick with a manager is not good enough to get us back to dominating Europe.

This match with Liverpool, demonstrated that Ernesto Valverde's tactics work against smaller teams. He never plans to control a match. He is a defensive manager, that happens to have some great offensive players who can win games against the smaller sides with great regularity. But even these players can't do anything against equally strong teams that are better managed, better prepared in terms of motivation, and better from a physical standpoint. Let's be honest here, our technical quality is an advantage, that's it. It doesn't trump everything else, and surely it doesn't mean we will automatically survive on Anfield with poor tactics, slow and scared players, crappy defense, and lack of concentration.

Let's go back to the Copa del Rey match vs Madrid, which we won 3-0. The problem with Valverde are obvious even when we win. In our wins you see the tactical and planning mistakes from the manager. We don't win because we dominate teams guys. We win because we have better players and the chances the other team creates are not converted into goals because they have weaker players. The 3-0 win vs Madrid was as lucky as the 3-0 win vs Liverpool at home. In that game, Madrid had 14 shots on target, and we had 4. Which means we were clinical, while Madrid were wasteful. In games like this you have to wonder what happens if the other team score their chances, and we are not clinical. And the answer is Roma and Liverpool happen. This is what happens when you go defensive and try to survive with a team that is not equipped to play like Atletico Madrid. You receive goals, and you can receive lots of them. Let's not forget that Villareal scored us 4 goals, and they could've scored 6 goals. Another game we salvaged with the genius of Messi and partly Suarez.

The purpose of a defense is not to barely hold on with last ditch tackles, and great keeper saves. That is like the last resort of the defense. If too much of that happens, it means we're poor. Because what you want is to block teams in midfield, not in defense, right near your 16m box. The margin of error there is incredibly thin, and we have showed this plenty vs Liverpool or Roma. We have been battered in this game because we parked the bus. It's an odd term to use with Barcelona, but here we are with a manager who's version of defense is what we ridiculed others for playing against us back in the day. Except it's a crap version of parking the bus. Far from what teams like Chelsea or Inter played against us in terms of defensive ability.

Last edited:

Gaudi

We don't need to panic but we need a good and brave coach with some additions in the team. It's not that Rakitic is a bad player for example but he and Busi together in 3 line midfield can't operate against fast, agressive teams, as simple as that. For example Vidal is a player that show how balance is important. He's not world class tehnical player, not the tallest as well if you want tall bully, but he is powerfull and has a winner mentality, true fighter. Sometimes 3 players like that is better than 3 great but scared tecnical players. Our defence is already not bad, we slipped in defending as a team not necessary as individual defence players. I was only disappointed that some proven winners and veterans (ALba and Pique) looked scared as well.
My point is not to go overboard now and sell 10 players and buy 10 new ones...I trully believe with only braver and smarter coach we would win treble this year with THIS team only if our coach wasn't stupid (we mostly all agree, Semedmo in, Cou out, faster guy like Malcom in sooner etc…)

But if we get De Light our defence is good, De Jong, Arthur, ALena, maybe Puig we are set in the midfield for years, of course currently with older players like Vidal, Busi...we need to look for attacker and left back but we don't need to rush things like with Coutinho.

Gaudi

Of course the players are on the hook as well, which is why you don't listen to them when they say they support Valverde. The most responsible is the manager in cases like this, always. And if he is not sacked, then the guilt is transferred to this idiotic lazy board, who stick with a manager is not good enough to get us back to dominating Europe.

This match with Liverpool, demonstrated that Ernesto Valverde's tactics work against smaller teams. He never plans to control a match. He is a defensive manager, that happens to have some great offensive players who can win games against the smaller sides with great regularity. But even these players can't do anything against equally strong teams that are better managed, better prepared in terms of motivation, and better from a physical standpoint. Let's be honest here, our technical quality is an advantage, that's it. It doesn't trump everything else, and surely it doesn't mean we will automatically survive on Anfield with poor tactics, slow and scared players, crappy defense, and lack of concentration.

Let's go back to the Copa del Rey match vs Madrid, which we won 3-0. The problem with Valverde are obvious even when we win. In our wins you see the tactical and planning mistakes from the manager. We don't win because we dominate teams guys. We win because we have better players and the chances the other team creates are not converted into goals because they have weaker players. The 3-0 win vs Madrid was as lucky as the 3-0 win vs Liverpool at home. In that game, Madrid had 14 shots on target, and we had 4. Which means we were clinical, while Madrid were wasteful. In games like this you have to wonder what happens if the other team score their chances, and we are not clinical. And the answer is Roma and Liverpool happen. This is what happens when you go defensive and try to survive with a team that is not equipped to play like Atletico Madrid. You receive goals, and you can receive lots of them. Let's not forget that Villareal scored us 4 goals, and they could've scored 6 goals. Another game we salvaged with the genius of Messi and partly Suarez.

The purpose of a defense is not to barely hold on with last ditch tackles, and great keeper saves. That is like the last resort of the defense. If too much of that happens, it means we're poor. Because what you want is to block teams in midfield, not in defense, right near your 16m box. The margin of error there is incredibly thin, and we have showed this plenty vs Liverpool or Roma. We have been battered in this game because we parked the bus. It's an odd term to use with Barcelona, but here we are with a manager who's version of defense is what we ridiculed others for playing against us back in the day. Except it's a crap version of parking the bus. Far from what teams like Chelsea or Inter played against us in terms of defensive ability.

Brilliantly said, exactly my thoughts...that's why I say our defenders are good but you can't have 20 last ditch tackles and not miss one!

ini4ever

What a pathetic club we have become. We won't fire a manager who:

- doesn't have any respect from players or fans

He has though, If he wasn't respected by players he would've been gone already ( remember Tata ) And about fans I'm not sure much ... If fans don't make noise in camp no tomorrow it pretty much says they are okay with Valverde too.

Havesaks

Your kidding right? I think it was a LOT less shame in going out 1-0 (bare in mind that we knocked out a lot of top sides in these last few seasons, including Pep's Bayern and Mourinho's Chelsea) by us than getting hammered by Pool and Roma (especially after maintaining huge leads going into both ties)- I think most of your fans would agree on that...

Well I said painfull not shamefull. I would rather have won the game against ATM than a quarterfinale match vs Roma or a a semi vs lfc

serghei

Brilliantly said, exactly my thoughts...that's why I say our defenders are good but you can't have 20 last ditch tackles and not miss one!

Yea, we shouldn't get too excited a crap Madrid team couldn't convert from 14 shots on our goal (14!!!), with Solari in charge, because poor Vinicius can't shoot to save his life.

That right there is at the base of our problems. This is not Barcelona. We have forgotten our identity, and this is mostly because we have a manager who doesn't care about our style. Every single thing he said about keeping our style has been a proven lie.

And also, this is not about wanting to keep our style because of some stupid fetish, or that Mes Que un Club motto. Far from it. It is because it works best with the players we have. Attacking power and midfield control were always our best weapons to win in Europe. We are not known for parking the bus style.

What we do now is to blame our top players for playing crap. When we should in fact put the blame on the extremely bad management of this team. Only a fool would expect a team who has a midfielder for RB like Roberto to be successful absorbing pressure for 90 mins on Anfield. This sort of crap management has been plaguing this team for a while.

With better tactics, with Arthur in midfield, with a pacy winger up front we wouldn't have lost against an injury ridden Liverpool. But we parked the bus. That's what we did. We parked the bus, missed the 2-3 good chances we had, and were trashed by a Liverpool missing their best forwards.

Got beaten by a team having 2 substitute players like Origi and Shakiri in their attack. Why? Because they were much better managed. That's THE answer.

Last edited:

Neymessi

It just struck me, what has been the consensus at r/barca after Anfield? :lol:

By far the most optimistically deluded place. Even here, there were plenty who were feeling things were perfect so I can't imagine how high they must be flying on there.

Home of Barca Fans