Ernesto Valverde

soul24rage

Folk forget where Barcelona were in summer 2017.

Neymar had just left and a lot of folk were saying Barca were fucked and couldnt win again for years.

EV then has league wrapped up before Barca have lost a game.. winning 3-0 away to Real etc.

Barca make it a double be beating Sevilla 5-0 in the Cup Final.

Yet what some folk chose to focus on is losing unbeaten run.....

Wild.

Honestly I would like to see EV at Barca at a time he was given the freedom to build a team and like watching his sides.
and folk seems to forget that Real was in a bad league form in the beginning of that season and even could have won the 3-0 game if they had taken the few early chances. After that loss, they took the foot off the table in the league and focused mainly on the CL.

EV's side was mostly helped by great individual performances by Messi and MATS.

Does EV gets good credit for helping stabilize the team in the beginning of that season? Of course he does, but not to extent that some folks are claiming here.

JamDav1982

and folk seems to forget that Real was in a bad league form in the beginning of that season and even could have won the 3-0 game if they had taken the few early chances. After that loss, they took the foot off the table in the league and focused mainly on the CL.

EV's side was mostly helped by great individual performances by Messi and MATS.

Does EV gets good credit for helping stabilize the team in the beginning of that season? Of course he does, but not to extent that some folks are claiming here.

The fact Barca were in better league form after horror summer is credit to EV.

Putting it on Messi and MATS fails when you realise in Messis last five seasons he won the league twice an in EV two seasons.

Always the same.. win its down to Messi and lose its down to everyone else.

EV did unreal job that first season and backed it with a title in 2nd.

JamDav1982

For Liverpool, I agree to a certain extent. Could have started Arthur in the beginning of the 2nd half imo.

For Levante, not really explained it.

At time but lets be real Arthur was just back from injury and since came out he was an unprofessional wheezing mess who could barely make HT.

Can see looking back when EV didnt play him v a team as intense as Liverpool at Anfield.

Levante is folk looking for reasons to moan really and focusing on that other than all the important things Barca/EV did that season.

JohnN

EV did a good job the first Season. A worse job the second. In both he couldn't motivate the team to keep a monumental advantage. In Anfield he chose a completely wrong formation (same started at Home) that was proven 2 weeks before didn't work. He was stubborn in some aspects and it cost us. that and the fact he was too nice, to an extent Pique was insulting him in front of him.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

For Liverpool, I agree to a certain extent. Could have started Arthur in the beginning of the 2nd half imo.

For Levante, not really explained it.

I would have also liked to see Arthur earlier but at ht it was only 0-1 and Barca created a few top chances, so still a very good position for Barca and you dont want to destroy the harmony like it happened against Real when lewa and romeu came...

For levante many guys wanted to see Yeri Mina and insulted EV because he didnt let him play, then EV did what we wanted and he was a disaster in defence so cant give him the fault either....

soul24rage

The fact Barca were in better league form after horror summer is credit to EV.

Putting it on Messi and MATS fails when you realise in Messis last five seasons he won the league twice an in EV two seasons.

Always the same.. win its down to Messi and lose its down to everyone else.

EV did unreal job that first season and backed it with a title in 2nd.
You can't win the league every single time (especially vs a team like Real Madrid), and we were at least challenging for the league title in those times that we lost the league.

It also helped that RM was in bad league form in those 2 league titles that EV has won.
At time but lets be real Arthur was just back from injury and since came out he was an unprofessional wheezing mess who could barely make HT.

Can see looking back when EV didnt play him v a team as intense as Liverpool at Anfield.

Levante is folk looking for reasons to moan really and focusing on that other than all the important things Barca/EV did that season.
True, which makes me mad at Arthur even more. But still would have liked to put in Arthur in the start of the 2nd half as we all knew that Liverpool would have pressed intensely and Arthur was our best press-resistant midfielder at the time or at very least better than Rakitic in that aspect with the form Arthur was on at the time. Also no point in putting Arthur on when Liverpool tied the game.

soul24rage

I would have also liked to see Arthur earlier but at ht it was only 0-1 and Barca created a few top chances, so still a very good position for Barca and you dont want to destroy the harmony like it happened against Real when lewa and romeu came...

For levante many guys wanted to see Yeri Mina and insulted EV because he didnt let him play, then EV did what we wanted and he was a disaster in defence so cant give him the fault either....
See above posts for both topics.

Morten

After Valverde finished his career as a coach here , some of ya'll keep telling he'll go to some top PL team or win titles with other teams and shit like that only for him to go to Bilbao and finish on the 8th spot in the league.

Have some shame.

And some of you people were telling everyone that now you would be back, dominating like before, EV was the main problem, instead you went seasons without winning a league title.

CatalinR10

And some of you people were telling everyone that now you would be back, dominating like before, EV was the main problem, instead you went seasons without winning a league title.

I don't entertain with people who support corruption , sorry.

vegitot

EV did well in domestic league. If he hadn't been fired in mid season 19/20, Barca would have won Liga again.

About invincible season, the team didn't really try to achieve it. If you look at Arsenal invincible season, they tried to do it from very beginning. Then even when they already won the league, Wenger still played his bext XI to make sure Arsenal wouldn't lose. Meanwhile Barca rested Messi because of a friendly match :lol:

I'm with Jamdav as i would like to see EV in a time that he can have enough support to build his team, rather than playing whatever the board throw at him.

Btw, if Xavi had accepted the role after EV (rather than Setien and Koeman), i think Barca would have won multiple Liga already. Not sure about Europe but it should've been better than these two former coaches.

Why did Xavi waste his time in Qatar? It's not like he learned something from Qatar's football.

Home of Barca Fans