Euro 2024

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maradona37

I think people - even before the tournament - were underestimating Germany. Their players are not hyped up but are very good in the main, they have the best coach in the tournament (certainly of the nations you'd expect have a realistic chance, Rangnick could be better in general) and have home advantage. Either way, I would be surprised if the winner wasn't one of five - Spain, Germany, France, Portugal or England (Netherlands and Austria look like dark horses but realistically won't win it). I said prior to the tournament though that England are hyped up and will bottle it as usual (and have a clueless coach), and that Portugal's issue will be not dropping the rapist, as well as Martinez being a moronic, clueless fud.

I am going for Germany in the final from the top half. If France win the group and end up in the bottom half I will go for them to make the final too. Germany v France is what I predicted before the tournament - but football is so unpredictable and the best teams 'on paper' don't always win - particularly in short tournaments like this where randomness is a heightened factor as compared to a 9 month league campaign.

Germany v Spain is a likely quarter-final, and that could be tasty. France could play Portugal too in same round if Netherlands or Austria win Group D.

Birdy

I think people - even before the tournament - were underestimating Germany. Their players are not hyped up but are very good in the main, they have the best coach in the tournament (certainly of the nations you'd expect have a realistic chance, Rangnick could be better in general) and have home advantage. Either way, I would be surprised if the winner wasn't one of five - Spain, Germany, France, Portugal or England (Netherlands and Austria look like dark horses but realistically won't win it). I said prior to the tournament though that England are hyped up and will bottle it as usual (and have a clueless coach), and that Portugal's issue will be not dropping the rapist, as well as Martinez being a moronic, clueless fud.

I am going for Germany in the final from the top half. If France win the group and end up in the bottom half I will go for them to make the final too. Germany v France is what I predicted before the tournament - but football is so unpredictable and the best teams 'on paper' don't always win - particularly in short tournaments like this where randomness is a heightened factor as compared to a 9 month league campaign.

Germany v Spain is a likely quarter-final, and that could be tasty. France could play Portugal too in same round if Netherlands or Austria win Group D.

So far the best teams are Germany Spain and then Portugal
All the rest have been from woeful to meh
France certainly do not deserve the easy bracket to the final

Maradona37

Yeah, those have been the best teams.

The thing about France is that they're generally dull and uninspiring, but they are strong defensively and know how to get over the line. Mbappe's broken nose makes things more uncertain though, regarding the French.

Temptation

Still have my doubts on Spain. For me, they lack match winners.

I see Germany, France, England and Portugal as stronger teams. These teams have numerous match winners and Germany have the best manager too. Spain play much better Football than England and France but these 2 have considerably stronger squads.

Maradona37

Still have my doubts on Spain. For me, they lack match winners.

I see Germany, France, England and Portugal as stronger teams. These teams have numerous match winners and Germany have the best manager too. Spain play much better Football than England and France but these 2 have considerably stronger squads.
That was my point about France - they play wanky football, but they have players who can produce in moments. Spain might miss more chances than France, despite dominating more games.

Football is often about moments. I hate that it is, but it's true. A team can deserve to win but not put away their opportunities. If Spain had David Villa up front, I would fancy them much more. I don't even think Morata is a bad striker - he's just not Mbappe or Kane or even Villa.

Temptation

That was my point about France - they play wanky football, but they have players who can produce in moments. Spain might miss more chances than France, despite dominating more games.

Football is often about moments. I hate that it is, but it's true. A team can deserve to win but not put away their opportunities. If Spain had David Villa up front, I would fancy them much more. I don't even think Morata is a bad striker - he's just not Mbappe or Kane or even Villa.
The closest thing Spain have to a match winner is a 16 year old kid.

France have Mbappe and Kante, alongside many supporting players that can win games. We know everything about how decisive Mbappe can be and Kante on his day simply dominates the entire midfield singlehandedly. An in-form Kante is as good as having an extra player. I thought Ngolo was finished but clearly, he can still cut it in International Tournaments.

Maradona37

The closest thing Spain have to a match winner is a 16 year old kid.

France have Mbappe and Kante, alongside many supporting players that can win games. We know everything about how decisive Mbappe can be and Kante on his day simply dominates the entire midfield singlehandedly. An in-form Kante is as good as having an extra player. I thought Ngolo was finished but clearly, he can still cut it in International Tournaments.
Kante has been good so far. I rate Austria highly so the fact he dominated them bodes well for the future. France clearly need the high energy Kante provides.

I am a massive fan of Griezmann, but those two misses were unforgivable in the Netherlands game. Still, he has the ability to link the play and press from the front and in midfield. He's class and will be important too. And of course Mbappe is the x-factor, but it is still uncertain how the broken nose will affect him when he makes his return to the team.

Yamal is highly promising as most on here will know, but yes - it's too early for him surely and Spain cannot rely on him, it isn't fair to the lad.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Germany had always great players but they flopped in last 10 years thats why ppl didnt think they would be so good now

but having the int. tournament in Germany (motivation) + Nagelsmann have brought them back

atm they are favourites to win for me

Maradona37

Germany had always great players but they flopped in last 10 years thats why ppl didnt think they would be so good now

but having the int. tournament in Germany (motivation) + Nagelsmann have brought them back

atm they are favourites to win for me
I think so too mate. But then they might flop when the big teams come around - any bullish predictions right now are in error as there's so much football to be played and luck plays such a huge factor in knockout tournaments.

They have struggled since winning the World Cup, yes, but this time feels different. Lots of football to be played though. Remember Hungary weren't great against them and we're one of the worst teams in the tournament (Scotland), so not much can be gleaned from Germany's first two games.

Loki

After the first 2 games, I'd favor spain in every match this Euro so far. It doesn't mean they'll win it of course, but in my opinion they looked best from all favourites and they had the toughest opponents at the same time.

My ranking right now: Spain>France=Germany>Portugal>England>rest.

Temptation

After the first 2 games, I'd favor spain in every match this Euro so far. It doesn't mean they'll win it of course, but in my opinion they looked best from all favourites and they had the toughest opponents at the same time.

My ranking right now: Spain>France=Germany>Portugal>England>rest.
But where are the match winners? It's all about the big moments in these tournaments.

Home of Barca Fans