Euro 2024

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Temptation

Again, who are the match winners for Portugal? :lol: Geriatric Ronaldo? :lol: You underestimate how young Pedri still is and have already written him off. He's just as old as Wirtz and Musiala and did more on the international stage.

France and England yes, but they have terrorist managers. They are the obvious favorites though, no objections there.

Williams has more pace than Musiala and Wirtz... I think he can hurt an offensive Germany a lot.
Portugal also have Bruno, Leao and Bernardo too and amazing options on the bench too.

Bruno is a match winner in International Tournaments. He's exactly the kind of player that shines in these situations. He's a G/A machine.

Temptation

Agree with most of that, but do England really deserve to be bracketed with France and seen above everyone else? Like you say they have an awful manager, but they play awful football too and have bottled every tournament since 1966. They don't have the pedigree as a nation to be seen this highly. I am not saying they won't win it, but I wouldn't say they are favourites at all. Spain and Germany have more of a winning pedigree and Germany are hosts.
We aren't talking pedigree here. We're talking squads.

If it was pedigree, then Italy would be right up there.

It's interesting that barring the golden generation, Spain always flatter to deceive in International Tournaments.

Maradona37

Portugal also have Bruno, Leao and Bernardo too and amazing options on the bench too.

Bruno is a match winner in International Tournaments. He's exactly the kind of player that shines in these situations. He's a G/A machine.
Fernandes has only really showed he's a match winner against more modest nations at international level. Leao doesn't convince me to be honest - lots of pace and skill but poor decision-making in this tournament so far. Neto is a brilliant player for me and could start.

Portugal fans say Silva never plays well for them (I know he scored yesterday). I just feel Portugal might get found out against a France or Germany.

Maradona37

We aren't talking pedigree here. We're talking squads.

If it was pedigree, then Italy would be right up there.

It's interesting that barring the golden generation, Spain always flatter to deceive in International Tournaments.
Good point on Spain to be fair.

To be honest you are taking my point and making a bit of a strawman argument. Italy have pedigree, but they have inferior players to Germany and France too. Germany and France have pedigree and squad.

And pedigree does matter in these tournaments.

mc_lovin

Agree with most of that, but do England really deserve to be bracketed with France and seen above everyone else? Like you say they have an awful manager, but they play awful football too and have bottled every tournament since 1966. They don't have the pedigree as a nation to be seen this highly.
Yeah, it's weird. Feels like mass hypnosis at this point, because Engglish players never live up to their hype and standing in big tournaments (whether CL, Euros, WCs...). They should all be perceived lower than the hype suggests as a gerneral course of action :lol: But it's hard to escape the media hype...

All I know is that the likes of Harry will bottle it in key moments.

Maradona37

Bruno is definitely a match-winner, he can look out of it, and then produce a briliant pass or shot out of the blue.
He can also give away a lot of passes and set up counters for the opposition.

Obviously he is capable of creating a moment of magic, but he's equally capable of being invisible and giving the ball away constantly - he's erratic.

Anyway, we will see.

Maradona37

Yeah, it's weird. Feels like mass hypnosis at this point, because Engglish players never live up to their hype and standing in big tournaments (whether CL, Euros, WCs...). They should all be perceived lower than the hype suggests as a gerneral course of action :lol: But it's hard to escape the media hype...

I think that too. They're relatively cursed as a nation.

In saying that, they could win it. But they shouldn't be so confident as to be seen as one of the two most likely.

Temptation

Fernandes has only really showed he's a match winner against more modest nations at international level. Leao doesn't convince me to be honest - lots of pace and skill but poor decision-making in this tournament so far. Neto is a brilliant player for me and could start.

Portugal fans say Silva never plays well for them (I know he scored yesterday). I just feel Portugal might get found out against a France or Germany.
I'm a Liverpool fan. I hate Bruno with a passion but the cunt is a G/A machine. He's a risk taker and moments player who can make all the difference.

They might lose to Germany and France but they still have a killer squad. They have great CBs and brilliant offensive FBs and one of the best and most underrated DMs itw in Palhinha.

Temptation

Same as Spain with the exception of their golden generation.

Both have 1 WC..........

Spain always flatter to deceive.......

Maradona37

I'm a Liverpool fan. I hate Bruno with a passion but the cunt is a G/A machine. He's a risk taker and moments player who can make all the difference.

They might lose to Germany and France but they still have a killer squad. They have great CBs and brilliant offensive FBs and one of the best and most underrated DMs itw in Palhinha.
He's a risk taker and moments player, but the flip side of that is him giving the ball away and the other team getting counters, and less control in midfield. As we have seen extensively at Man United. And he is still not proven for Portugal against the top nations really, is he?

Their full-backs aren't all that. Man United fans vastly overrate Dalot, Mendes is half-decent but that is all, and Semedo is ok. That leaves Cancelo whose career has been erratic for a while now and hasn't played well yet in this tournament. I agree they're very strong in central defence and defensive midfield, though.

Maradona37

You know CR7 has been playing like absolute trash when his fans are foaming over a 3 m sideways pass :lol:
It's stuff like that, the low standards of wanking over every basic thing he does, that puts so many people off him and his fans.

Like I said in the other thread, you can't tell me people would rave about that assist if it was Lukaku, Mudryk or Nunez who made it.

Home of Barca Fans