Euro 2024

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Loki

I have seen a few recent photos like this and it's worrying how emaciated he looks. He's a professional athlete and shouldn't be this slim.

I hope he's okay behind the scenes because I have been really skinny like this before (not now) and it is no fun. You constantly feel tired, headaches etc.
Him being that skinny is probably exactly the reason allowing him to run and compete against 20 year olds with 39. Because he doesn't have to carry many kilos, he doesn't tire easily even in his age.

Maradona37

Him being that skinny is probably exactly the reason allowing him to run and compete against 20 year olds with 39. Because he doesn't have to carry many kilos, he doesn't tire easily even in his age.
I agree but should he really be THAT skinny? He looks ill. I should know as I have been that skinny before.

In saying that you may have a point as I had more energy (on the park, not off) when I was like that than when I got back to a healthy weight. Even though they almost banned me from playing cos I was so skinny.

Rory

Thing with England and France is that if they click even for 20 mins in a match they can win it. Southgate going for Rice and Gallagher in the middle with Bellingham dropping to receive the ball is just begging for counter attacks / transitions. Need a person on the ball who can receive it on the half turn and calm down play i.e. Mainoo/Wharton.

On another note, what is with the absolute state of the pitches? Looks like every time the ball is rolling to a player there's a possibility it's going to bounce up and cause a miscontrol. Not as bad as the copa america pitches though.

Maradona37

Some hysterical people saying Mainoo was 'amazing' last night when he came on.

He did ok against a tiring Slovenia, but I feel like I am being gaslit by the praise around this boy. How is he being described in superlatives such as 'amazing' or 'brilliant' last night? These words are being cheapened and have lost all meaning in our current world.

He's a decent player but you'd think he was a Seedorf-Matthaus hybrid the way he's been hyped up. Man United hype is very very strong.

I really doubt he will end up being the player he is hyped as. When Gary Neville is hyping something relentlessly you know it's off because the guy talks nonsense constantly.

I am not singling Mainoo out either - they were very poor as a team. But he seems to evade criticism because he's young.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Some hysterical people saying Mainoo was 'amazing' last night when he came on.

He did ok against a tiring Slovenia, but I feel like I am being gaslit by the praise around this boy. How is he being described in superlatives such as 'amazing' or 'brilliant' last night? These words are being cheapened and have lost all meaning in our current world.

He's a decent player but you'd think he was a Seedorf-Matthaus hybrid the way he's been hyped up. Man United hype is very very strong.

I really doubt he will end up being the player he is hyped as. When Gary Neville is hyping something relentlessly you know it's off because the guy talks nonsense constantly.

I am not singling Mainoo out either - they were very poor as a team. But he seems to evade criticism because he's young.

think he was good, some great passes, won 2 times the ball back and made nice runs into the box

Home of Barca Fans