Euro 2024

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maradona37

think he was good, some great passes, won 2 times the ball back and made nice runs into the box

He was ok but the way they go on about him is way OTT. Also, youtube videos by their nature are very misleading.

Also, read this online from someone else, this is how I feel about Bellingham:

'Bellingham is one of those players that i read constantly how amazing he is but when i watch him i dont see it. But everyone says so , So then i doubt myself.

But having seen him again last night i know im right!!!
Ive come to the conclusion that the people that say hes brilliant arent actually very knowledgable , hear others say it and repeat because itll make them sound as though they know their stuff.'

What I have noticed about Bellingham is that he has no concept of a weight of pass, can't dribble, is poor in tight spaces, can't control games in midfield, and has little subtlety to his game. He's basically a young, powerful guy who is good at breaking into the box to score goals - he plays like a worse Lampard or Gerrard. I have noticed this at Real Madrid too.

He's good looking (to some), young, English, tall, strong, confident, is more of an athletic than technical player (many people prefer athleticism over technique) has a lot of PR hype. I think all of this coalesces to account for the completely over the top drooling over him and I agree that a lot of people lick his arsehole because it's the 'done' thing to do and what you are 'supposed' to believe, rather than actually analysing his game and seeing how mediocre it is. Unfortunately a lot of football fans don't think deeply about the game. and believe everything the media feeds them, particularly the English media.

I have criticised Ronaldo, but that is only relative to the all-time greats - he's in a different stratosphere of talent to Bellingham and can actually back up a lot of his hype. Bellingham will never be able to back up his hype.

Last edited:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

He was ok but the way they go on about him is way OTT. Also, youtube videos by their nature are very misleading.

Also, read this online from someone else, this is how I feel about Bellingham:

'Bellingham is one of those players that i read constantly how amazing he is but when i watch him i dont see it. But everyone says so , So then i doubt myself.

But having seen him again last night i know im right!!!
Ive come to the conclusion that the people that say hes brilliant arent actually very knowledgable , hear others say it and repeat because itll make them sound as though they know their stuff.'

What I have noticed about Bellingham is that he has no concept of a weight of pass, can't dribble, is poor in tight spaces, can't control games in midfield, and has little subtlety to his game. He's basically a young, powerful guy who is good at breaking into the box to score goals - he plays like a worse Lampard or Gerrard. I have notice this at Real Madrid too.

He's good looking, young, English, confident, is more of an athletic than technical player (many people prefer athleticism over technique) has a lot of PR hype. I think this accounts for the completely over the top drooling over him.

the reason why so many ppl rate ham is because his output is incredible, i read last week he had 24 scorerpoints in 28 matches in ll and 9 scorer points in 11 matches and considering he is a attacking midfield player these stats are insane ( and a lot of them won the matches)
i agree tough that he isnt a dribble guy or can play a perfect pass like Iniesta (his passes are still good) but his winning goals/assists are his major strenght

Maradona37

the reason why so many ppl rate ham is because his output is incredible, i read last week he had 24 scorerpoints in 28 matches in ll and 9 scorer points in 11 matches and considering he is a attacking midfield player these stats are insane ( and a lot of them won the matches)
i agree tough that he isnt a dribble guy or can play a perfect pass like Iniesta (his passes are still good) but his winning goals/assists are his major strenght
He's basically a forward, he plays right up with Vinicius and Rodrygo when I watch Real Madrid.

I think judging players by stats is everything that is wrong with modern football. He gets on the scoresheet yes, but his general game is absolutely average at best.

Maradona37

Southgate is clueless, but the players have to take far more responsibility. Coaching is extremely important but good players don't just turn into donkeys who can't pass just because they have a poor manager.

Also, what that tweeter fails to understand or acknowledge (and I said this yesterday and am not sure how often I have to keep saying it) is that club form often does not translate to international level. Kane is an excellent striker, but scoring a lot of goals at Bayern doesn't mean he will score goals in the Euros. Likewise being the PL and La Liga player of the season counts for nothing when international tournaments roll around. The fact of the matter is that Foden and Bellingham are playing with superior players at Man City and Real Madrid. I also don't believe they can play in the same team together, so them being 'PL and La Liga player of the season' means absolutely nothing when they have zero chemistry when playing together, does it? The thing about the England NT is these players are all made to look better than they are by their foreign team-mates, great managers, and playing for super clubs at club level. But when you flip that and have Southgate as opposed to Pep or Ancelotti, a NT with a history of underperforming (England) unlike historically successful Real Madrid or the currently dominant Man City, and all the English boys are in a team together with zero foreign team-mates and influence, it is a COMPLETELY different story. Also, only two of the 26 players play outside England - that homogeneous nature in terms of everyone playing in the same league isn't good.

How can people have been following football for years yet not understand that the club and international games are completely different?

Ultimately, England have been blaming their managers for decades. But the players are the common denominator. Maybe they're just not that good and are overrated due to the PL hype machine? I don't buy the drooling over this England squad - I reckon a lot of the players are average at best, with maybe 4 or 5 max who are truly top class.

If anyone wants to question what I have said or criticise me, all I will say is that I predicted England to look poor before the tournament started, and so far that has happened (despite them topping their group). So far my analysis has been proved right. I could be proved wrong before the end of the tournament but I think I have reasonable grounds for my comments seeing what has transpired so far.

Last edited:

Maradona37

This is another post I just read on Bluemoon - I totally agree with it.

'
Take away the media hype from this england squad of players and you get what we are watching. Maybe this is the real level of quality we are seeing and not the media-hyped version of world beaters we get pumped up with.

Talk is cheap they say, But the truth is Southgate is getting Players from Big clubs that are only parts of well-oiled machines like its working cogs, Take Manchester City's Big players like Rodri KDB Silva Doku 100% they make Foden a better player, Same with Bellingham and the Real Madrid players,

1000% Southgate will not get a tune out of this squad without a KDB or a Rodri Type player (world-class player)
Yes a hard-working team of players that are all working for each other and together can win it, But what you need is a Manager with Bigger balls than the players and their Governing body, Somebody to say sorry you are not playing, Far too many players are picked because of the club they play for and bring good media image rights for profits,

So Next time England play think, Dont believe the Hype, Believe in what you see'

Maradona37

Anyway, I have moaned on about it, but it's just football and doesn't matter at the end of the day. Who cares if Bellingham is overrated or not? I was just in a moany mood earlier. Peace :)

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Southgate is clueless, but the players have to take far more responsibility. Coaching is extremely important but good players don't just turn into donkeys who can't pass just because they have a poor manager.

100% true, a Foden for example was probably the best Pl player or top3, he needs to perform regardless if coach is Pep, Soul24 or Southgate

jamrock

Jude is just another in a long line of England goal scoring Midfielder, where if they don't score or get a give away assist, their impact is next to zero.

He's basically the new lampard, except he plays for Madrid and their voodoo in the CL, is gonna get him hyped, despite him doing absolutely nothing in the K.O.

Very Good player, don't get me wrong, but like I was saying in the Pedri trend a few weeks back, goal scoring Midfielders from countries like.

England - Bellingham = Lampard
Dutch - Simon = Sneijder
Germany - writz = ballack

And many more is absolutely nothing new, much like their Spanish equivalent not scoring as much, but being more involved in the midfield play is nothing new.

Maradona37

Jude is just another in a long line of England goal scoring Midfielder, where if they don't score or get a give away assist, their impact is next to zero.

He's basically the new lampard, except he plays for Madrid and their voodoo in the CL, is gonna get him hyped, despite him doing absolutely nothing in the K.O.

Very Good player, don't get me wrong, but like I was saying in the Pedri trend a few weeks back, goal scoring Midfielders from countries like.

England - Bellingham = Lampard
Dutch - Simon = Sneijder
Germany - writz = ballack

And many more is absolutely nothing new, much like their Spanish equivalent not scoring as much, but being more involved in the midfield play is nothing new.
Yeah that is what I was alluding to. He's very good at what he does, but he won't control a game for you. He's a goalscoring bursting into the box physical player, like Lampard or Gerrard. He's not a midfielder and if they think he is it's no wonder they're struggling.

They should drop one of Foden or Bellingham. None of this fitting in all the biggest names nonsense. They need to pick the right players in the right positions and find balance.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

I would not swap Bellingham for Fermin, let alone Pedri or Gavi, neither of which I rate that highly myself either.

There's nothing worse than having someone in your team who thinks he's world class and is nowhere near. Constantly demanding the ball and having the media clout to get it.

I've been saying since when he was scoring all those goals at the start of the season. As soon as the league acclimatised to his play style, he would be nullified fairly easily.

Can anyone honestly say that he has more to his game than a say, Dele Alli, at the same age? He is slower than Dele, touch, control and technique are worse, finishing is worse. Passing is basic, as soon as it got to high level interplay yesterday the ball bounced off him and he couldn't keep up. Physically, he is less agile than Dele and turns like a tractor, constantly falling to the ground hoping for a cheap free kick.

You all fell for the Madrid/ English media hype that is all so predictable. They need the Jude hype the same way Utd fans need Ronaldo to be considered as the GOAT. So they can hold on to some sort of footballing relevance worldwide, because they are not getting it any other way.

When it becomes all too apparent that you have all been misled ( many English fans are already waking up to that fact ) they will move on to the next hype job, who, in this case will be Mainoo ( who Scholes has already compared to Kroos and Rodri 🤣)

Rinse and repeat.

Maradona37

I would not swap Bellingham for Fermin, let alone Pedri or Gavi, neither of which I rate that highly myself either.

There's nothing worse than having someone in your team who thinks he's world class and is nowhere near. Constantly demanding the ball and having the media clout to get it.

I've been saying since when he was scoring all those goals at the start of the season. As soon as the league acclimatised to his play style, he would be nullified fairly easily.

Can anyone honestly say that he has more to his game than a say, Dele Alli, at the same age? He is slower than Dele, touch, control and technique are worse, finishing is worse. Passing is basic, as soon as it got to high level interplay yesterday the ball bounced off him and he couldn't keep up. Physically, he is less agile than Dele and turns like a tractor, constantly falling to the ground hoping for a cheap free kick.

You all fell for the Madrid/ English media hype that is all so predictable. They need the Jude hype the same way Utd fans need Ronaldo to be considered as the GOAT. So they can hold on to some sort of footballing relevance worldwide, because they are not getting it any other way.

When it becomes all too apparent that you have all been misled ( many English fans are already waking up to that fact ) they will move on to the next hype job, who, in this case will be Mainoo ( who Scholes has already compared to Kroos and Rodri 🤣)

Rinse and repeat.
Other than the bit about Fermin which I find a bit over the top, I agree with most of that. There's a bit of hyperbole and it's worded fairly aggressively, but the overall point is about the PL and English hype, and the idea that Bellingham is just a modestly talented footballer who happens to be great at getting into the box and scoring. I think these things are true.

'as soon as it got to high level interplay yesterday the ball bounced off him'

Yep, he needs space to do anything. He cannot play in compressed areas or through the eye of a needle. He is no Iniesta and never will be.

Don't get me wrong - scoring goals is very important. But he doesn't appear to have enough to his game to be the main man long-term at Real Madrid. I would always take a prime Kroos or a Modric over a Bellingham - a guy who controls the game, knits play, sets the tempo, gives the platform to dominate the ball. I have realised over the years though that most football fans don't think like that and rate the guys with the highest goals and assists the most. If Muller and Beckenbauer were playing now modern fans would 100 percent say Muller was better because he scored more goals. I mean Muller was good outside the box but Beckenbauer controlled everything.

I agree on Mainoo too - he's a decent talent, but that lad has been hyped to the fucking hilt. In his case it's the Man United youngster hype, which has been going since forever.

Last edited:

Iniesta Ultra

Ham's more perdido than Perdido right now.

Plenty of signs of Ham's gimpball second half of club season and now full fruition under xaviball.

Kinda sad to see him crybaby like CR with only a season behind him.

Even more sad for Kane criticizing former English players telling it how it is.

If these English players had real balls, excluding Palmer of course, they'd tell each other to pay Southgate no attention and do their own play. Sad they're letting him hold the team hostage.

Last edited:

Maradona37

Mudryk dropped against Belgium (unless he's injured and I am unaware). Ianis Hagi with his first start of tournament for Romania in the other game.

Home of Barca Fans